[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>And yet, smart people are out here campaigning for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: jezebel.png (464 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jezebel.png
464 KB, 1024x768
>And yet, smart people are out here campaigning for this poor little rich kid to win an Oscar because he never won. Look up “perspective.” Blinded, you all are, and you lack the ability to be sharp critics.
Well, /tv/? How can you say a privileged cis white male shitlord like DiCaprio gave an oscar-worthy performance?
http://themuse.jezebel.com/leonardo-dicaprio-does-not-deserve-an-oscar-for-the-rev-1751656593
>>
>>64634227
>jezebel

how much do they pay you fucking faggots to spam this site here
>>
File: currentyear.jpg (46 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
currentyear.jpg
46 KB, 620x349
>Come on
>>
Is that not exactly what the Leo Oscar meme is though? Nobody lists off all the great performances that have been snubbed unduly, they just say "How has he NOT won yet?" as if its owed and not earned

Can't say if he actually deserves one here or not since I haven't seen it but the meme itself is ridiculous
>>
>>64634227
>Jezebel
Why
>>
>Jezebel
You're doing it to yourself at this point.
>>
come on, its 2016
>>
>>64634227
>Thank you. Almost nobody brings up the lack of representation of Bears at the Academy awards. Did you know that, as it stands, there have been over 1700 acting nominations in the history of the awards and only 23 have gone to Bears(Meryl Streep, Claude Rains).
>>
File: 1441221986471.jpg (65 KB, 720x380) Image search: [Google]
1441221986471.jpg
65 KB, 720x380
>Bill A. Bear

Maybe this is just a joke article you guys
>>
>>64634227
>Well, /tv/? How can you say a privileged cis white male shitlord like DiCaprio gave an oscar-worthy performance?

Because I didn't take his sexual preference race or sex into the equation and instead I judged it by his performance and strength of the material.
>>
File: 1437917675595.jpg (57 KB, 292x332) Image search: [Google]
1437917675595.jpg
57 KB, 292x332
>>64634227
>Bill A. Bear
>A bear reviews The Revenant
>>
>>64634507
>>64634509
>>64634589
This. Giving Jezebel hits, you better work for them or be clinically retarded. Those are the only two excuses.
>>
>>64634227
IT'S 2016 PEOPLE
>>
>>64634227
>His character litchrally spends the entire two-plus hours yelling, crawling, falling over a cliff, yelling, sleeping in animal carcass, pillaging, bleeding profusely from every pore, yelling, riding a horse, making fire, being carried around gorgeous landscapes and being attacked by a mama bear twice.
>Litchrally
Was this woman paid for this
>>
>>64634602
>judging people based on content rather than skin color
What kind of white racist conservatard are you?
>>
>campaigning for this poor little rich kid
are they saying Leo doesn't deserve an Oscar because of his white privilege?
>>
>>64634227
>jezebel
consider suscide
>>
He shouldnt win an oscar because he doesbt deserve one
>>
File: p8mpbnolztn23f5ooiah.jpg (153 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
p8mpbnolztn23f5ooiah.jpg
153 KB, 1600x900
I don't even know what to say.

Above all else, all the SJW baiting and racism/sexism/bullshit arguing that goes on, I just wish that film were something that could go without being tainted by these fucking retards. How could any honest lover of actual film not at the very least enjoy The Revenant and DiCaprio's performance? I understand it's not a perfect film. I understand that a film like this could maybe miss the mark when it comes to a younger generation that has been conditioned to expect something else from their movies, whether it be for the better or worse. But how can you sit back and fire off an article about how "Leo doesn't deserve an Oscar and if you think otherwise, you're not a sharp critic?"

This tells me that people, not just any people but people who get paid to write about film and have their voices be heard by countless others, are walking into a movie theater with their arms crossed and a snide "Oh, this is terrible" mentality instead of just watching and embracing the movie. Why has it gotten to this point? Nobody cares about the art form anymore. Nobody genuinely likes anything. Critics aren't critics, they're fanboys and kids that never really immersed themselves in any legitimate cinema. Shitpost away at me and greentext me to shit but I am literally depressed by the amount of people bashing this movie for no reason other than wanting to be seen as smarter than everybody else.

As someone who wants to be a filmmaker, this makes me think otherwise. Maybe I should just try to write novels instead.
>>
>>64634656
Don't give up, OP.

You'll have better luck baiting one of the retard boards (like /v/).
>>
>>64634775
This. Leonardo "LOUD NOISES" DiCaprio is a decent actor but not an Oscar worthy one.
>>
>>64634227
Why do you still play video games, OP?
>>
File: Shameful Centorea.png (109 KB, 358x292) Image search: [Google]
Shameful Centorea.png
109 KB, 358x292
>jezebel.com
>>
File: evil_matt_damon_browsing_4chan.jpg (33 KB, 177x174) Image search: [Google]
evil_matt_damon_browsing_4chan.jpg
33 KB, 177x174
>>64634227
>1024x768
>>
>>64634906
Same. I don't take this kind of article seriously anymore, because whoever wrote it has never actually watched a film (I mean like really sat down and analyzed it). They don't review the film, they review the social landscape surrounding it.

I'm probably just spouting bullshit, but what I'm trying to say is I agree with you.
>>
Is this something they actually published, or a reader's blog?
>>
>>64634906
>>64634721
lmao fucking retards
>>
>>64634685
Bears aren't good at spelling. Give em a break
>>
>>64634685
It's funny because she wrote yelling three times, get it Leo yells so much that the author forgot she already wrote down yelling.

Such humor.
>>
>>64634227
>linking jezebel

I hope you die in a horrific car crash
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.