[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
What went right?
>>
File: sheev.jpg (74 KB, 880x960) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
74 KB, 880x960
>>64633417
Sheev
>>
>>64633417
The bodyguards with electric purple bo staffs
>>
>>64633417

Everything. Easily top tier with episode 5.
>>
Everything except the dialogue
>>
Good Space Battle
Grievous fight
Sheev/Windu fight
Obi/Anakin fight
Order 66 montage, p. based

Everything that wasn't Padmé related

>breaking news: woman ruins everything, again
>>
Anakin's story was cool. People criticise him for being awkward and creepy, but that's exactly what he was supposed to be!
>>
>>64633417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZD-6B1S3qA
>>
>yfw originally there was an entire plot about Padme opposing Sheev politically
>Anakin would feel turn about his relationship with Sheev and his wife
>Padme was supposed to confront Palpatine and have him reveal that he knows about her affair with Anakin and how it will ruin his reputation
>uses this to manipulate both Anakin and Padme, eroding their relationship and inevitably getting Padme killed

but lucas cut it and had padme die of a broken heart
>>
>>64634066
holy shit
>>
Lucas had his own vision.
Unless the glib fac simile that is TFA the prequel trilogy had its own story, good comedy and decent dialogues.
They're not perfect but it's the closest thing we'll ever have that tries to mix the arthouse and the SW universe.
>>
>>64634066
Poetry
>>
>>64634066
So basically lucas was split on making the prequels a split of childish, simple POTTERY films or conplicated, mature films. Did his fans drive him over the edge?
>>
>>64633417
It's one of the few flicks I'd consider 'patrician'. Certainly better than Episodes I, II, IV, V and VII.
>>
>>64633852
>>breaking news: woman ruins everything, again
What exactly did she do wrong in this movie? Aside from letting herself die after giving birth obviously
>>
>>64633550
Why can't you just admit you don't like TFA because Rey is being set up to get BLACKED.
>>
>>64635913

Pretty much just that. When I think about RotS that's the only time I think "Christ, that was fucking stupid".
>>
>>64636056
Yeah, even as a kid that took me out of the movie. It would have made more sense if he had just killed her in his anger like Palpie says. Her "losing the will to live" just makes her sound like a retard that doesn't care for her newly born children.

If I were to rewrite EpIII, Padme would instead have suffered from some kind of disease that will eventually kill her. The rest of the story could go on more or less the same. Instead of dying after giving birth, she and Leia off-screen move to Alderaan where she would raise Leia for a couple of years before dying. That way, the scene in RotJ where Leia talks about remembering her mother actually makes sense and doesn't make her come off as delusional.
My guess is that they just really wanted to have Padme's death scene in the movie to make the ending seem more tragic than it really needed to be, with those shots of her goddamn funeral and everything thrown in at the end.
>>
>>64635973

are you kidding? her not getting BLACKED is one of the main reasons episode 7 sucked
>>
>>64636909
Also, Anakin killing her would tematically make sense with the dark side being about anger, impulsiveness and hunger for power. Instead she just kills herself because he's become space Hitler
>>
>>64635913
>Aside from letting herself die after giving birth obviously
In the same tone of Cap America's "HELP ME TONY"

>"HELP ME, OBI"
>>
All the ships are predecessors to the ships in the trilogy instead of direct copypastes with recolors. Lucas complained about this in his TFA interview and I knew exactly what he meant. He put effort and thought into this kinda shit.
>that panic when the Jedi Starfighters make TIE Fighter sounds

Speaking of, it does drag a bit, but the battle over Coruscant that opens the movie is just gorgeous CGI.

Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan are all well cast.

The movie actually feels like a space OPERA and years later you realize George Lucas tricked you into watching an opera and you liked it. >>64635695 is on to something when he calls it patrician.

Grievous' theme is over the top for him but baller nonetheless; in general the soundtrack is pretty great and ties into the space opera bit.
>>
>>64633971
>awkward and creepy
At risk of sounding intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor, I'm definitely narcissistic. I've fallen in love with one girl ever (she was a mental wreck too) and rewatching Eps II and III and how awkward and aggressive Anakin goes about getting the only girl he ever cared about.. was relatable.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.