[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really feel for this kid. Born into slavery, given hopes of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Anakinyoung.jpg (19 KB, 222x276) Image search: [Google]
Anakinyoung.jpg
19 KB, 222x276
I really feel for this kid. Born into slavery, given hopes of one day leaving the planet from probably the best mother to have ever existed, he get whisked away during a time of war.

His entire Fucking world is turned upside down and he has several groups trying to manipulate him to do their bidding. That will fuck anybody up, especially since it starts happening from day 1 of his Jedi training. At age 9. A 9 year old kid becomes a war hero on accident because he wants to do the right thing.

That's literally all this guy wanted to do. The right thing. And when you have 2 very powerful sources pulling your strings in completely different directions, you will get confused easily. Has actually a good character. Starts off innocent, and gets fucke d up by the powers that be.
>>
What movie did you watch?
>>
>>64632733
All of them.
>>
>>64632688
I don't understand why he left anyway, aside from the status of slave he seemed to have a pretty fucking good life doing shit he enjoyed with family and friends around. I guess he was at the age where the call of pussy gets stronger than reason.
>>
>>64632833
His mom wanted him to go. If I recall in the book he talks about himself getting beaten for Fucking up or whenever his master got mad. That's not a great existence. And not knowing if the next day will be your last is awful. A raid by the tuskens, or a rival gang and next thing you know, that little guy is dead.
>>
>>64632733
What difference does that make?
>>
Literally the only reasons to hate Phantom Menace are Jar Jar (who is only important for 5 minutes then becomes a nothing character) and medi-clhorians. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64633538
Kid Anakin really tries to turn things into kindergarden shit, Qui Gon does what he can to damage control.
>>
>>64633989
He's a child. Like literally a child. Has pre pubescent. You realize children usually act like children when they have a decent parent right? Like, he's not a child mercenary, he's a kid.
>>
>>64634580
The point being that the whole child thing was not a good idea.
>>
>>64632688

Wait, are you talking about Anakin or literally Jake Lloyd? I honestly can't tell which
>>
>>64634737
It was showing he didn't start off as a completely ruthless abomination, and instead used to have a heart of gold and would do anything to help others. You don't get that? Loke, it so be thing to hate real life kids, it's another to let that cloud your ability to recognize something that is literally spelled out for you.
>>
>>64634828
The point being that the whole execution of it sucked.
>>
>>64634782
Huh... I guess it actually world for both aside from the war hero part.
>>
>>64634876
So Wait. Serioauly, I need a second to comprehend this... You don't like the fact that he acts like a child would act... And think the execution of him acting like a child would act is awful? You're saying that them perfectly executing him like a child is poor execution of that goal? I'm being baited so hard. And you're retarded. I'm retarded for having taken this bait.
>>
>>64634971
I'm saying this kid is a shitty actor and Lucas direction doesn't help. I swear he's basically just reading all his lines and since he's not an actual slave but a regular kid IRL, it just doesn't work.

It could be worse of course, like Lucas/Hayden fucking up adult Anakin.
>>
>>64635102
He's a kid. There are so few kids that are actually okay at acting. But this kid portrayed innocence, which is what Lucas wanted. His innocence is torn apart once he's taken off of Tattoine. He's made to fight in a war. He's only something like 21 by the time he goes full dark side. That means that he's seen countless people he called friends die before he was even allowed to legally drink in the United States. He's still a kid by the time he becomes Darth.
>>
>>64632688
>on accident
stopped reading right there. Will people fucking stop saying that! It's "by accident" you illiterate fucks.
>>
>>64636603
Like.. Seriously my nigga.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.