[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>omg spoilers!!!! Why do people give a shit about spoilers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: CANT WAKE UP.png (1 MB, 835x815) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.png
1 MB, 835x815
>omg spoilers!!!!

Why do people give a shit about spoilers? If a film or television show's emotional or artistic impact depends so heavily on a plot twist that can be summarized in one line, it is probably garbage. Only idiots watch, read or listen to a story just to figure out 'what happened'. What happened is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, what's important is how the conclusion was arrived at, and not just the surface level sequence of events but the underlying themes that lead to the conclusion.
>>
>>64630597

People want to be surprised on their first viewing. It makes sense.
>>
You can only watch a movie without spoilers once. Which is an inherently different experience to watching it a second time.

If you spoil something then you take that experience from them.
>>
A reminder that if spoilers ruins the movie then the movie is shit.
>>
>>64630597
>Why do people give a shit about spoilers?

Because it can ruin your initial viewing of something. All you'll be thinking about is when they spoiler is going to happen.

I will admit that some people will take it to the extreme, but I usually wait a month (excluding this sight) before not spoiler tagging because if you haven't seen a movie by then, you probably were never going to and I'm not going to wait until you do.
>>
>>64630597
are you autistic?
>>
>>64630597
I don't get buttflustered about spoilers either. I just always assume they're fake anyway. There's at least a 50/50 chance they are if you read it here.

Also, you're right - just because you know an eventual outcome doesn't mean that the lead-up is somehow now irrelevant or not worth watching.
>>
>>64630597
are you bootyblasted that you got banned from youtube for your 'kylo kills han' comments or something? It's pretty fucking obvious how knowing the plot of a movie beforehand can colour your viewing experience, regardless of 'twists'.
>>
>>64630722
>it ruins your initial viewing

Only if the movie is shit. You were spoiled on the conclusion for the entire SW prequels and that in and of itself didn't make them bad, it was the other unfortunate design decisions that did.
>>
File: autism.gif (128 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
128 KB, 728x426
>>64630597
>>
Even if it wasn't spoiled you can tell it was going to happen.
>all the characters gather to look onwards
>duel on forest hoth didn't happen yet
Literally no one was surprised.
>>
>>64630701
/thread
>>
>>64630621
I don't care about being surprised. I care if the movie is good.
>>
>>64632767
>>64630597
>Why do people give a shit about spoilers?
>I don't care about being surprised!!
>Why does people think different? I don't get it!
>>
>>64633289
>I'm fucking retarded!
>>
>>64632767
>I
>I

Hmm. Last I checked, 'I' referred to one person, not 7 billion.
>>
>>64633355
That's why I said "I" you ape. I personally don't care. Since I don't have that feeling people have of the fear of being spoiled myself, I was hoping someone could explain.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.