[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YEW REBEL SCUMMM anyone else love the way he says this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
>YEW REBEL SCUMMM

anyone else love the way he says this?
>>
>>64628405
>yfw you will never be a stormtrooper and serve Sheev

WHY LIVE?
>>
>>64628405
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds that line memorable
>>
>>64628405
>watch these guys kill dozens of your brothers in arms
>finally have them in your sights
>capture instead of kill

Not even the "good guys" would show that kind of clemency. Was the Empire right all along?

https://youtu.be/VCbW7Gkgu2U
>>
>>64628405
I know RotJ DeEd 2.0 WP uses 1.0 colours and the final release will have different color correction, but...

Jesus christ, what's wrong with Return of the Jedi's lightning and sets? They're garbage, they look like low budget made for TV movies, rather than the richer, more evocative looks and atmosphere than SW and ESB.
>>
>>64629140
It's only the Endor scenes that look bad. Jabba's palace and the Emperor's throne room were GOAT sets.
>>
File: 1424212106123.gif (886 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1424212106123.gif
886 KB, 294x233
yfw the empire would have won, had it not been for the antics of a few mildly retarded teddy bears with spears and rocks
>>
>>64629170
The Emperor's throne room is also affected.
It's nothing especial, and its structure lacks spatial and design logic of any kind. Why does the room have an endless pit which is conveniently used for Sheev to reach a ethereal higher ground? What are those platforms located at its higher level that Vader's wife's son uses to evade Vader before Vader uses the legendary lightsaber spinning technique? It's confusing on a level neither Mos Eisley, Luke's house, the Tantive IV, the Millennium Falcon, the Death Star, Echo Base, Dagobah or Cloud City were.
>>
>>64628405
I literally used to think was Sheev's actor without the makeup.
>>
>>64629047
I imagine Vader ordered them to capture Leia alive. Maybe Han too, a rebel general makes a great bargaining chip.

I don't think anyone has it in them to shoot Chewie. He's just a big fluffy dog :3
>>
>>64629292
That's also another thing that doesn't make sense.

Not only are we assumed to believe Ewoks could defeat the supposed best Stormtrooper soldiers of the galaxy, but they have also prepared traps requiring ropes and wood trunks capable of destroying AT-STs in mere minutes

Very sloppy.
>>
>>64629401
Just pretend they were actually wookies who rip off arms and shoot crossbow lazers

It makes everything feel better
>>
>>64628405
>>64628980

It's because of the disdain in his voice with that hint of smugness. You could really tell this guy just fucking hated them and everything they stood for. This actor only had three lines but he acted the hell out of them which is why we're talking about it three decades later.
>>
>>64628405
me too, OP. I like the think the actor looks back on that single line as his moment of glory.
>>
>>64629401
they're meant to have had at least that entire day to set it up.

go and complain about Predator too if you like, Arnie does the same things.
>>
>>64629047
In "Empire Strikes Back" the Imperial fleet only attempts to capture the Falcon with the use of the tractor beam at the end of the movie. The earlier chasing through the Hoth system was focused on destroying or inabiliting the ship with blasts. That doesn't make sense, since Vader was chasing the Falcon to force Luke into leaving his hideout at whatever place Luke were in the Galaxy. Why wouldn't Vader order the use of the tractor beam before? They only planned the ambush at Cloud City once Boba Fett informed the Imperials about the Falcon's flying path.
>>
>>64629529
Wrong, the rebels' plan was to infiltrate through the main entrance, until the Ewoks warned them about the existence of the secret entrance. Then an ewok made three Stormtroopers leave their duties, Han and the rebels ambushed the remaining Stormtrooper, and they infiltrated the base before Imperial reinforcements ambushed them.

The whole part doesn't last an Endor day.
>>
>>64629140
Whats wrong with it?
>>
>>64630479
>>
>>64629047
>watch these guys kill dozens of your brothers in arms

except that never happened you fucking retard
>>
>>64628405
Just kill them

Why do villains always do this bullshit
>>
>>64631166
>>64631088
>>64629047

They were known criminals. Vader wanted them alive. They weren't random rebel soldiers. How dense are you?
>>
>>64631195
>be stormtrooper
>see a bunch of your dead speederbike comrades
>damn they even threw our officer down the shaft when they came in
>fuck it
>mag dump both of them
How dense are you faggot? Do you not have a spine?
>>
>>64629375
are you retarded? They were his son playmates he would have never killed them, he also needed them as bait
>>
>>64629669
Unless they set it up before they told the Rebels
>>
File: ice_video_20160108-135241_1.webm (635 KB, 1272x528) Image search: [Google]
ice_video_20160108-135241_1.webm
635 KB, 1272x528
>>64631247
>general orders to not kill
>kill anyways

fuck you
>>
>>64631497
Why is goldeneye the best bond movie?
>>
File: 1447991027351.jpg (50 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447991027351.jpg
50 KB, 1024x768
>>64629310
b8 or autistic?
>>
>>64631573
>practical effects
>serious without being campy or grimdark
>top-tier soundtrack

they had to try hard to make bond good after being in limbo for 6 years
>>
>>64629140
>uses .10 colours

no its actually worse
>>
>>64629401
>they have also prepared traps requiring ropes and wood trunks capable of destroying AT-STs in mere minutes
As far as we know the Ewoks inhabited the forest moon for perhaps billions of years. We have no knowledge of their building capabilities. They could be mathematic geniuses and extremely speedy as well.
>>
>>64631803
Dude, they are teddy bears with spears and basic traps for people like Chewbacca. Their weapons are spears, arrows and rocks.

I know you're joking but still.

>>64631648
How about being serious.

>>64631437
Why would the ewoks set the traps? They have no ways to defend against an imperial attack of their homes. They didn't even care about the galactic conflict up until they find C3PO and spend the night with the protagonists (but, funny enough, the rebel soldiers who were being under Han's command dissapeared from the story up until much later in the movie).

Face it, it's just yet another of RotJ's plotholes.
>>
>>64631803
A species so old that they've put all their knowledge and wisdom gained from millions of years of evolution into their efficiency at building simple machines instead of building better machines.

Bravo Lucas
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.