[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WW1 movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ww1.jpg (47 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
ww1.jpg
47 KB, 640x427
I'm looking for any movie with the theme of ww1. seems like the showbiz are much more focused on milking the ww2-cow thus leaving the ww1 in the shadow.. any recommendations?
>>
>>64628259
La Grande Illusion
All Quiet on the Western Front
>>
Lawrence of Arabia
>>
Paths of Glory is one of the best
>>
A Very Long Engagement, even though half of it is Audrey Tautou being autistic in a sepia toned countryside.
>>
Coward is alright.

https://vimeo.com/52220211
>>
WW1 has a lot more good literature than it does good movies.
>>
>>64628585
got any examples?
i've been wanting to check that out as well!
>>
>>64628259
No one cares about WW1.

Source: there is no WW1 monument on the national mall.
>>
>>64628259
The Lost Battalion
Gallipoli
>>
>>64628718
A few of the most iconic examples:
Johnny Got his Gun
Testament of Youth
Regeneration trilogy
A Farewell to Arms
and a shitload of poetry. Most notable poets were probably Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon.

A lot of it was written by people who actually experienced the war, sometimes during the war, so most of it is bleak as fuck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.