[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it with new shows suddenly dropping 4 episodes? It happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Shannara.jpg (92 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Shannara.jpg
92 KB, 960x540
What is it with new shows suddenly dropping 4 episodes? It happened with The Expanse too.
Also this show seems alright, although its impossible to find a non cringy picture.
>>
4 episodes were sent out to reviewers, and some of those people leak them.
>>
>>64624548
NO ASS
O

A
S
S
>>
>>64624693
At least Ivana's there to offer enough for everyone.
>>
>>64624548
I really believe that it is intended to harm the viewer count numbers so that there is an excuse to cancel the shows.

Even the wikipage for the The Expanse no longer shows the release dates of the online versions. Hell, they even released one episode OUT OF ORDER from the rest of the episodes. How retarded can they be to fuck up that bad?

>>64624653
>and some of those people leak them.

They are not leaked. They are available on their websites. Just watch them here:

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/episodes
http://www.mtv.com/shows/shannara/episode-guide

Episodes 3 and 4 of the Shannara chronicles won't be released until Jan 12th and Jan 19th, but are on their website already.
>>
>>64625343
so what the networks want their shows canceled? that doesnt make a lot of sense
>>
>>64625529
Yes. They can recoup more money in the long run for big losses. It is a Jewish thing, no /pol/. Not only that, but it helps get rid of people they don't like depending on how the contracts are setup. It is a real dog-eat-dog place to work.
>>
Too many channels now OP. That's why.
>>
>>64625343
>How retarded can they be to fuck up that bad?
They didn't fuck up. Showing episodes out of order is an old tactic to suppress numbers and kill a show faster once it's decided to not be picked up or renewed.

That's why Firefly was shown out of order.

So a lack of air dates, along with the shuffled order is a death knell for The Expanse.... which we all knew would be shit anyway.
>>
Sci-fi has been bad in film and television for over a decade now

If they made something interesting it might work. Hell, why don't they just adapt a Philip K Dick story like they used to in the past
>>
>>64625658
but the expanse is already renewed for season 2, after 4-5 episodes.
>>
I don't even know why there's still broadcast tv any more. They all need to close down that shit and move online to on-demand releases. They'd have more viewers in the long run and more advertising revenue.

I know more people that watch movies and tv shows on their smartphones and laptops than people who even own any kind or tv or have any kind or broadcast tv access.
>>
>>64625710
Well, I stand corrected. Those are usually sure fire methods of dealing with a dumped show. Not sure why SyFy would be doing it if they renewed it.
>>
>>64624693
>>64624925
>>
File: mtv-shannara-poster.jpg (204 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
mtv-shannara-poster.jpg
204 KB, 1200x630
>>64624548
>Also this show seems alright

Is it really? I didn't even give it a try because I was certain it would be crap.
>>
>>64625805
I love how Erik Kain said in his review that while he knew Manu was not white, he looked white enough that it didn't matter. Fucking retard.
>>
>>64625844
>in his review
Sorry, in the comments, not the review.
>>
>>64625780
Someone at comcast leaked the first 4 episodes, so they put it online quickly so they could gain revenue.
>>
>>64625805
I nearly turned it off after 5 minutes, but hung in there and it got a lot better. The sets are so god damn lush too.
>>
>>64625788
> swn sit on your face
just have a stampede of wild horses run me over ;_;
>>
>>64625933
Pretty much all of it is quite good except that the acting from the three too-young leads would make even experienced CW network execs blush with embarrassment.

Poor John Rhys Davies. You can see him dying inside ever time he shares a scene with one of them. His old LOTR buddy Ian McKellen would weep if asked to do so and demand to be stuck in front of a green screen again.
>>
>>64625805
its nothing amazing yet and it probably wont be, but its certainly watchable.
Its just full of little things like everyone and everything being super clean, everyone looking 18 and like a model, sometimes really cringy background music, "this isnt a movie" type of sarcasm etc.
>>
>>64625805
Just turn off your brain breh. Characters are handsome as fuck
>>
>>64626041
>Pretty much all of it is quite good except that the acting from the three too-young leads would make even experienced CW network execs blush with embarrassment.

Agreed.

>>64626075
Yeah, bro, solid 6/10s all around. It is amazing what a cake layer of makeup can do for a person.
>>
>>64626103
>implying Will isn't literal 9/10
>that princess' bf that died is 10
>>
>>64624548

They know people like to marathon/binge multiple episodes at once these days. While they're not going to pull a Netflix and start dropping whole seasons simultaneously, they know there's benefit to letting people get a taste for more than just the pilot episode.
>>
>>64625788
>jizzed in my pants
>>
Only watched the first two episodes so far, but I kind of liked it. Manu is cool as shit and Ivana is really doing it for me (my penis).
>>
>>64626175
There are no 9-10s on television. Gym rats with makeup are not 9-10s.
>>
>>64624548
>literally no ass
>>
>>64625805
Its garbage.

Dialogue, world, plot, it's all garbage.
Strong womyn out the ass.

Actors are largely decent, despite blatantly being picked for their looks, the exception is the rover girl who is a horrid actor.
>>
>>64624548
>negative ass
>>
>>64624548
It's become a bit of a thing for shows to have a chunk of episodes be available online for people to binge watch them which gets more people to watch the show apparently. Networks are trying to get people to subcribe to their streaming services in order to compete with Netflix so they're not just going to be looking at television numbers, but also website streams.
>>
Anyone here read the books? How's the show compared to them??
>>
>>64628569
Never compare books to movies/shows.
>>
>>64624548
Not sure on other shows but the Expanse has a legit excuse for this: worldbuilding.

The books have a pretty complex setting that's integral to the plot, you can't just forget who is with what faction or what the factions are doing and still keep up with the plot.

So in that case, it makes sense to release the first four episodes for worldbuilding purposes and to truly hook audiences. SyFy is trying to blend the "binge watching" experience with normal television by hooking viewers with a "mini binge" and then hoping they'll stick around for episodic television.

Not sure if it'll work though. This kind of ambition in a show, if the books' scope and the first few episodes' large (for SyFy) budget are any indication, is rarely seen outside of HBO or Netflix. Translating this kind of storytelling with this kind of budget to basic cable might be rough.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and even the Walking Dead all have the advantage of using real life for a setting. The Expanse has to build and CGI every set, no location scouting for them. Even Game of Thrones gets a break on this while the Expanse's claustrophobic stations and ships all need the set and CGI treatment.

I really hope it works out, as I'm a fan of the show and books, but I'm doubtful. If SyFy sticks to the old Nielsen system and flubs like it has, the show is going to die.
>>
>>64630167
nice blog, reddit. too long, didn't read.
>>
>>64628569
STOP COMPARING BOOKS AND MOVIES. YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING RETARD. THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MEDIUMS OF ART. READ THE BOOK, WATCH THE FILM, ENJOY EACH SEPARATELY.

>OH THE BOOK WAS BETTER THAN THE FILM

NO. THE BOOK WAS BETTER/WORSE THAN OTHER BOOKS YOU HAVE READ, AND THE FILM WAS BETTER/WORSE THAN OTHER FILMS YOU'VE SEEN

FUCK OFF
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-01-07-20h40m07s256.png (718 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-01-07-20h40m07s256.png
718 KB, 1280x718
ivana baquero is really enticing in this.
>>
>>64630494
Nice belts.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.