[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /tv/ autists so desperate to try and turn The force awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9
File: Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg (627 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg
627 KB, 2500x1667
Why is /tv/ autists so desperate to try and turn The force awakens into the next phantom menace?

is it because you think its funny to meme on star wars?

is it because a lot of you are severely butthurt that disney said fuck you to the EU universe?

Personally i LOVED this movie iv seen it about 7 times now twice in the cinema and the rest online, it seams that a lot of peoples argument's are that they hate it because they did not follow the EU universe and Disney just made EU nothing but fan fiction.

It also seams that this isn't just a reboot like a few autistic people believe, it's about a family, its about how this bloodline that was created by the force to bring balance to the force.

Star Wars was a great great movie and has broken all records now and still raking in fuck tons of money, no matter what you autists think this film is better than any other star wars movie (bar empire)
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 375x305
>>
>>64624423

It's because it is an overhyped piece of shit.

It's phantom menace tier for different reasons, but it's still pretty bad.
>>
>>64624574
i disagree, the phantom menace was just cringe worthy to watch...i never got that with tfa, it felt like a star wars movie ..it just had that feel to it
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>64624423
>baiting this hard
>>
Who cares? Star Wars is for manchildren and manchildren should be banned
>>
>>64624423
prequels were both better than tfa and ot
>>
>>64624617

I disagree, TFA didnt feel like Star Wars, it felt like a low budget unfunny Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>64624686
this 2 be honest familia
>>
>>64624646
you are the one baiting

>>64624668
i love you too <3

>>64624686
now this is bait
>>
Prequels are too different from the original trilogy, TFA is too similar to the original trilogy. They just can't get it right.
>>
>>64624722
>>64624737
>>64624686
>>64624646
>>64624574

So much baiting in this thread can /tv/ try and be serious?
>>
TFA was shit

If you like it you are a manchild with a fedora that vote on clinton. Fucking shit jew jew movie.
>>
>>64624800
prequels = visual experience

ot, tfa, whatever = flicks all style no substance
>>
>>64624800
>s-stop disliking what I like!
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64624423

It would be nice if it wasn't a Episode 4 re-skin.

Kinda defeats the entire purpose of having different Episodes, doesn't it?

“They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that." “I worked very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships – you know, to make it new.”
-George Lucas
>>
>>64624808
>>64624841

back to /pol/ kid
>>
File: daisy ridley.gif (361 KB, 327x400) Image search: [Google]
daisy ridley.gif
361 KB, 327x400
>>64624423
>2016
>still being in denial
>>
>>64624800
>>64624737
>>
>>64624889
they musta done something right with how much its making...
>>
>>64624905
see here >>64624896
>>
>>64624423
Story was full of holes. The only people who think this is a great movie are people who don't listen to stories very often.
>>
>>64624808
>Vote on
>Calling others manchildren when you can't even write properly.
>>
>>64624939

>first Star Wars movie in 10 years (not counting Clone Wars oilot)

>hurr durr why is it making so much money?!
>>
>>64624939
>Minions
>Transformers 1-4
>Twilight
>Avengers and Avengers: AoU
>Hunger Games
>Jurassic World

All of the above made a shit ton of money.

Are you telling me they're quality films?

All they did right was appease the fanboys too blinded by nostalgia to notice a steaming pile of shit when it's handed to them.
>>
>>64624722
this
>>
>>64624939
Its literally too big to fail you moron. They could shit on screen call it star wars and every fan would go to see it to make sure if its star wars or not.

Its like being amazed that Spiderman made no, no fucking shit retard.
>>
>>64624971
yeah they cut like 30 mins off to make it pg13...the novel explains more better
>>
>>64624981
its because its a good movie....a lot of people are going back to see it twice..if not more
>>
>>64625020
this is obvious bait as you listed good movies lol...nice try
>>
>>64625115
I bet the novel doesn't explain why they made another easily destroyed Star Destroyer, or why all the storm troopers are human now that the clones died and they could kid nap non human aliens for the army. There's more but its a pretty garbage story and I would be here forever listing shit.
>>
>>64625046
see here >>64625046
>>
>>64625133
Its because of the name. If this was called idk Jupiter Ascending it wouldn't make shit for money. People are dick riding this hard to prove they are a nerd like their cool nerd friends.
>>
>>64625201
Most people just like the movie..
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6481082

>>
>>64625280
Oh yeah I'm sure. I'm sure most people always liked comic books too.
>>
Yes it's way over-hyped. Fan boys are blind and over rate it as per usual. This movie really treat the audience as really dumb but then again most movie-goers will not be too experienced with what to look for in a movie so even if it's a pile of garbage it have nostalgia, action and that is enough for them.
>>
>>64625315
Nope most people dont read comic books and I dont either, the general reaction to TFA is very positive though..
>>
uts a /tv/ and /b/ thing they are all basement dwelling perma virgins here and have nothing better than to try and turn people opinion around from them liking the film to hating it, mostly because that reflects their own pathetic lives
>>
>>64625286
>not good neither

Check minus, redo it then post it again.
>>
>>64625359
this.
>>
No. I'm not a fan of the EU. TFA just fits into that category of flicks like Pacific Rim tbqh. I don't even like Marvel and Guardians had a much better story than TFA.
>>
>>64625346
That's the joke. When the Avengers came out everyone was like "yeah I always loved the Avengers" and I know that's bullshit. This is just something for losers to mark on their fake nerd card to prove their fake nerd credit. The movie is terrible.
>>
People are so insecure about their opinion that they have to make threads and try to make themselves believe that no criticism of it is fair and that everyone who didn't like it is only a hater.
If you liked it good, but don't try to force it down people's throat who aren't a fan of it.
>>
>>64624889
>with different planets, with different spaceships – you know, to make it new
I agree with him on this, even if especially episode 2 was tragically bad and boring.
>>
>>64625396
Nope, a few losers will use it for their fake nerd card but nearly all people at the cinema were just regular people seeing it with friends and family to have a good time.
>>
File: winner.png (27 KB, 757x757) Image search: [Google]
winner.png
27 KB, 757x757
>>64625359

this pretty much sums it up, very accurate dude
>>
>>64625359
Sorry, you won't get any upvotes for this pile of shit pop psychology you projected in this post.
>>
>>64624889
you know, the 4chan side is missing Jar Jar, Uatu, Cebulba, "THIS IS PODRACING", General Cucked, among other certainly great prequel stuff.
>>
>>64625396
I saw Avengers on some DVD quality rip and thought it was nothing more than 7/10.

Went to watch TFA at a 2D screen last week and thought it was a 7.5 to 8/10.
>>
>>64625481
And Im sure they did but those people aren't critical about anything. "I watch that movie, it was nice" those people wont think about why did they make another fucking star destroyer or why there seems to be a lack of aliens in the empire or why the only jedi aliens are humanoid.
>>
>>64625509
It's actually true and you are one of those sad basement dwelling perma virgins that guy was talking about.
>>
>>64625454
>If you liked it good, but don't try to force it down people's throat who aren't a fan of it.
Have you even been on /tv/ the past month you dumb fuck? It's literally the other way around. People on here try so hard to get others to hate the film and everyone that likes it is called a shill / manchild / jew / bait etc. If you genuinly think it's the other way around, you must be blind.
>>
>>64625549
What if that guy has his own house, a gf, and a good job? Doesn't that make you a fucking retard for spouting nonsense that projecting at best?
>>
>>64625549
>people with refined taste have no life so I can disregard them! People who spend all their time listening to different music should be ignored in favor of people who listen to Hotline Bling at parties because the former have no friends!
Fuck off retard. Posts like yours are why /tv/ is a joke of a 4chan board.
>>
>>64625606
you can have all that and still be a complete tard.....as you are proving to be true
>>
>>64625619
butthurtintensifys.jpg
>>
>>64625619
>>64625606
No, the reason /tv/ is a shit board is because people try to be edgy as fuck disliking everything that is popular. It is a neckbeard board..
>>
>>64625695
this!
>>
>tfw baneposting was fun
>tfw TFA started a civil war
>>
>>64625695
Most 4chan boards are elitist enough to develop some underground sensibilities and recommend a catalog of things that most people have never heard of. This is a good thing, because it means it is beneficial to browse here instead of just keeping up with ads and conversations and finding out what everybody is watching. /tv/ is perhaps the worst board at doing this because of retards like you who don't understand that 4chan is all about feeling superior to other people.
>>
>>64625777
>4chan is all about feeling superior to other people.
>>
>>64625822
Of course it is you dumbass, you're trying to feel superior to me right now. Why do you think you come here?
>>
>>64625647
>ask a question about why you need to be so salacious

>you are proving to be true

Nah fuck you
>>
File: General_Grievous_conquers_Duro.jpg (59 KB, 281x450) Image search: [Google]
General_Grievous_conquers_Duro.jpg
59 KB, 281x450
>>64625515

Grievous was recified in the Clone Wars.

He killed an army of darkside witches; among other exploits.
>>
>>64625846

>Why do you think you come here
he has small dick complex like most people here and need to feel superior being a keyboard warrior
>>
>>64625695
I gave you legit reasons why it sucks and you are saying im just hating because its popular. That literally doesn't make sense.
>>
>>64625864
>extreambuttrage.divx
>>
>>64625846
To discuss films, laugh and find new shit for me to watch tbqh..
>>
>>64625886
(not the same guy) but it very much makes sense, its the nature of the people on /tv/ to act exactly like that
>>
I knew Daisy Ridley when she was younger

Not well by any means, she probably never really paid much attention to me, but I couldn't take the movie seriously because all I could think about was how much of a bitch she was
>>
>>64625886
You didn't give me a reason at all.
>>
>>64625958
They made another easily destroyed star destroyer

Only humans in the Empire (literally doesn't make sense anymore there are no clones anymore)

Sending a Janitor on a mission or murder people?

Rey learning the force without any training
>>
Because its shit and JJ Abrams is a hack. Instead of developing a story its just a hazy miasma of chase scenes and gunfights.

The original trilogy wasn't some action frenzy. It was a well told story of a young boy with a dull, sheltered life discovering the vast wonder of the universe. The first portion of the film shows Luke's life on Tatooine, and makes the viewer empathise with decision to leave and become a resistance fighter.

In TFS they spend about 30 seconds showing the audience who Rey is and never truly show why she decided to jump on the Millenium Falcon and become a Jedi. The characters and story are superficial and hollow.

I will never understand why people say 'It feels like a Star Wars film'. Its nothing like a Star Wars film. This shit is so soulless it's making people nostalgic for the prequels ffs.
>>
>>64625340
>>
>>64624423
While I wouldn't say I loved TFA, I do believe anyone who claims the prequels were better are lying.
>>
>>64626172
>They made another easily destroyed star destroyer
without inside info it wouldn't be easy
>Only humans in the Empire (literally doesn't make sense anymore there are no clones anymore)
They decided not to use clones ..so what?
>Sending a Janitor on a mission or murder people?
janitor...that was his side job as a storm trooper..
>Rey learning the force without any training
who says she had no training? popular opinion is she had some but mind wiped after the jedi temple massacre by her pops luke
>>
>>64626197
>bait detected
>>
>>64624931
All of this is moot, when Attack of the Clones has shit like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tLf1JO5bvE
>>
>>64625777

This, desu.

Its always bugged me that literally every other 4chan board embraces counter culture but this one.

Why is /tv. different? Does anyone have a theory?
>>
>>64626278
helloreddit.jaypeg
>>
>>64626278

>Well reasoned argment
>bait
>>
Fact: The Phantom Menace is a better movie than The Force Awakens

The plot makes more sense.
The characters have better motivations.
The movie isnt laden with sequel bait, instead its teases are respectful of the audience.
>>
>>64626333
hello9gag.mpeg.exe
>>
>>64626393
>Fact: The Phantom Menace is a better movie than The Force Awakens
False
>>
>>64626393
>The plot makes more sense.
>The characters have better motivations.
>The movie isnt laden with sequel bait, instead its teases are respectful of the audience.
This is the funniest thing I've read on /tv/ all week.
>>
>>64626369
dont post stupid bait then /tv/fag your bait is as bad as this >>64626393 guy
>>
>>64624423
I hate TFA because they killed Han and it made me cry becasue I am emotionally disturbed.

I just wanted to go watch a movie with my childhood hero and feel good for 2 fucking hours of my miserable life.
>>
>>64624800
this is bait
>>
>>64626445
>>64626420
>>64626442
These losers dont even have counterarguments

Le prequels are so bad XD
Tfa is epic!
>>
>>64626313
There is nothing bad about this. It's a monk in training trying to flirt.
>>
>>64624939
Everyone person I asked watched it because it was the hip thing to do. My buddies gfs wanted to watch it too. Guess what though none of those women had ever watched the first six movies. And one of the girls even fell asleep within the first 10 minutes.

This movie was ANH 2.0 pumped fill of memes to appease normies. I watched it with my dad and he felt ashamed that jj just copied 4 (he watched the OT when they came out in theaters).
>>
>>64626393
Generally disagreed, but...
>The movie isnt laden with sequel bait, instead its teases are respectful of the audience.
I agree with this. TFA was full of fanservice that detracted from the film.
>>
>>64626250
>without inside info it wouldn't be easy
They had inside info every time

>They decided not to use clones ..so what?
They kidnap children to use in their army. Why not capture an alien race that is stronger than humans and use them as troopers or smarter aliens and use them for science or something

>janitor...that was his side job as a storm trooper..
That doesn't sound fucking dumb?

Ill wait for the second movie, pirate it and see if they talk about her ever training or if the vagina just sucks in the force and makes you better at it naturally.
>>
>>64626278
>i have nothing to challenge this well written statement
>>
>>64624896
Shave your neckbeard
>>
Apart from Jedi, the OT is fucking rubbish. The acting's shite, the effects look shite; it's turgid story-telling that only survives because the children that watched it back then are still around. TFA is just as bad.

The prequels are finally getting the love they always deserved.
>>
Time for a reboot of the prequels!
chn.ge/1K2NzZd
>>
>>64626476
Those aren't arguments, they're claims. There's no evidence or expanding on the ideas. Why would I have to disprove something that wasn't been proven? That's not how that works.
>>
>>64627391
Wew, now that's some fresh b8 hot off the press!
>>
>>64627391
I just rewatched ep4 its literally a good movie that doesn't need any prequels or sequels to exist.
>>
>>64624617
>>64624423
this shit was not true SW.

It was a marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
>>64624423
2 cents have been deposited to your account
>>
>>64627873
I think you're confusing what feels like 'star wars' with what feels like 'late 70s early 80s standard movie making'

Of course that aspect is gonna change and that's fine because Star Wars is more than the trends of the time it was made in, that's the point. Empire is filled with jokes that were really obvious for their time, seems like your real complaint is that the action and humor elements have been increased. It's a Star Wars movie made for today's audience. It's not inherently worse because the humor is more overt in comparison, especially when it isn't so dramatically different taking into account when the movies were made.
>>
File: 1452204997005.jpg (143 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
1452204997005.jpg
143 KB, 600x881
Is /tv/ the most pathetic userbase on 4chan? The contrarian mental gymnastics regarding Star Wars: TFA is incredible and at the same time absolutely loathsome.

The constant denial, backtracking and moving the goalposts.

>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"I-it'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>"FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR

The mouthbreathing basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
>>
>>64628032
>false flagging pasta this hard
That's the level of shitposting that'll finally destroy /tv/
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.