[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could somebody explain to me what Dooku's motivation for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8
File: dookuv-beheaded-by-anakin.jpg (27 KB, 800x341) Image search: [Google]
dookuv-beheaded-by-anakin.jpg
27 KB, 800x341
Could somebody explain to me what Dooku's motivation for being part of Sheev' plan was?
The endgame was for the CIS to be defeated and for the the Clones to kill all the Jedi, then declare the Empire. What would Dooku do after that? His army is gone and if there was an Empire Dooku would be a hated figure, he couldn't be part of the Imperial government.
And why did he help his plan to turn Anakin to the Dark Side? Why would he help Sheev replace him?
Why did he never betray his master despite having many chances to do so? He could have killed Sheev at the begining of Ep. III when he had him at his mercy, like a Sith should.
And Sheev is lucky Dooku didn't spill the beans just before Anakin killed him.
>>
>>64619965
Dooku was betrayed, he didn't anticipate it because dooku wasn't sith, he was just a dark Jedi.
>>
>>64619965
Whoa Whoa Whoa. You're probably wondering how i got here
>>
File: man.gif (445 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
man.gif
445 KB, 500x206
>>64619965
>man
he desired power above all else
>>
stop posting about these shitty movies
>>
Because lucuck is retarded.

Seriously, that is the reason.

Non of it has ever made sense, even the orig trig.

>join me skywalker
> even though im a person you don't like
> and together we will rule the galaxy
> something which you have never expressed any interest in doing
> kill your father
> who you came here to save
> then replace him at my side
> even though he is objectively better than you in every way.
- sheev

Star wars is a great universe with based on some schlocky movies with cool effects. Prequels excluded.
>>
>Could somebody explain to me what Dooku's motivation for being part of Sheev' plan was?

Learn from a Sith Lord, become the Sith Lord

>The endgame was for the CIS to be defeated and for the the Clones to kill all the Jedi, then declare the Empire. What would Dooku do after that?

Kill the Sith Lord, become the Sith Lord

>His army is gone and if there was an Empire Dooku would be a hated figure, he couldn't be part of the Imperial government.

Sith Lord, master of the Dark Side of the Force, heir and restorer of the Sith empire.

>And why did he help his plan to turn Anakin to the Dark Side? Why would he help Sheev replace him?

Become Sith Lord, find new apprentice.

>Why did he never betray his master despite having many chances to do so? He could have killed Sheev at the begining of Ep. III when he had him at his mercy, like a Sith should.

Can't grieve the Sheev

Can't rock between the Palpatine

Can't get riddious the Siddious
>>
>>64620003
>he didn't anticipate it because dooku wasn't sith, he was just a dark Jedi.
Wrong, he was Sheev's aprentice and he was repeteadly refered to as a Sith Lord, his title was Darth Tyranus
>>
File: poetry.jpg (70 KB, 401x500) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
70 KB, 401x500
you just don't understand
>>
>>64620088
The entire Luke vs Vader/Emperor ending was retarded, it literally had 0 affect on the outcome of the battle.

Even if Luke did succumb to the dark side, he'd have been blown up with Sheev when Lando took out the death star
>>
>>64620141
the death star was actually destroyed when sheev was tossed into the reactor, the space battle was just a sideshow
>>
>>64619965
Sheev probably talked about immortality, Dooku was pretty old. Also he might have been tempted to get out of the dogmatic bullshit of the Jedi. He didnt really seem like he was that into the Sith, it just served his purposes at that moment and a good way to expand his knowledge of the force rather than limit himself only to the light.
>>
>>64620018
First we gotta rewind a bit!
>>
>>64620088
>Son, I wasn't there when you were growing up. Let me try to make it up to you by giving you the galaxy.

Vader and Sheev knew Luke would surpass them in power if he was given the training to do so. Vader's power level is at about half it was pre-Mustafar and Sheev admits in RotS Vader would surpass him and Yoda.
>>
>>64620165
[citation needed]
>>
>>64620228
How hes supposed to do that? Record office blew up when bits of sheev got stuck in the ion generator
>>
>>64620228
did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>64620275
Yes, the Death Star clearly starts to blow after Lando hits it
>>
Even worse, in the Clone Wars TV show he plans to betray Sheev by taking on a secret aprentice of his own (Darth Maul's brother), but then doesn't actually go through with it and keeps doing whatever Sheev tells him to
>>
>>64620474
It's because Savage sucks giant dick and isn't ready to face Sheev yet.
>>
>>64619965
He was tricked, Sheev literally was mind controlling everyone. The whole trilogy is Sheev putting on a show for himself because he loves it.
>>
File: petry.jpg (480 KB, 774x1000) Image search: [Google]
petry.jpg
480 KB, 774x1000
>>
>>64620018
>>64620193
What movies actually do this?
>>
>>64620564
None, it's just a meme.
>>
>>64620564
Look up tvtropes under how we got here

The movie they referring too is probably Goodfellas or some mob movie.
>>
>>64619965
I also gotta wonder what General Grievous thought the plan was too. He didn't know that Sidious was Sheev, so why didn't he kill Sheev, Anakin and Obi-Wan when he had the chance?
Did Sidious specifically instruct him not to kill them beforehand?
Why does Grievous even obey Sidious anyway? Why does anybody?
>>
>>64620659
>Why does anybody?
literally this
>>
File: 1404485294904.jpg (69 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
1404485294904.jpg
69 KB, 650x400
>>64620113

>Can't get riddious the Siddious

You motherfucker
>>
>>64620659
Sheev really know how to put a spin on stuff
>>
>>64620659
heck what was did the CIS think the plan was ?
they are a group of people that can fund an army that almost can bring the whole republic on it's knees and they are taking orders from a man they don't know that is sending them telegrams
what reason do they have to obey sheev ?
>>
>>64620729
What did they even gain out of the war? The guys in charge of the CIS like Nute Gunray were rich people specialized in TRADE and BANKING, not in weapons manafucturing. They were bankrolling the war, they weren't getting paid by Dooku to wage war.
They're wasting quadrillions of credits on a war that made trading impossible and they thus lost a huge source of revenue by not being able to trade with the Republic, and I don't know how they expected to make their money back
>>
File: 1451902096071.png (37 KB, 468x441) Image search: [Google]
1451902096071.png
37 KB, 468x441
>>
>>64620820
>The victim of Anakin Skywalker's first cold-blooded murder
So Sand People don't count?
#tuskenlivesmatter
>>
>>64620820
>Dooku then realises that his only chance to live is to tell Anakin the truth, but because he read the script, he knows he can't do that
>>
Why does nobody ever take pictures, samples, and videos whenever they're going before the Republic? The Trade Federation invaded and blockaded Naboo, yet somehow the Holonet isn't absolutely flooded in pictures and videos?

Why bother going to war with the Republic in the first place? They clearly don't really give a fuck about protecting members anyways, they have no military, and the CIS is fucking loaded anyways. Is galactic war really cheaper than just paying off people, buying elections, and massive PR campaigns?
>>
>>64620729
>are taking orders from a man they don't know that is sending them telegrams
>what reason do they have to obey sheev ?
It gets worse. In Attack of the Clones, Gunray went to Dooku because he felt betrayed by Sidious' betrayal making him the fallguy.
But then in RotS he still takes orders from Sidious and seems to genuinely believe that he would bring "peace". Why did he suddenly want peace?
And what hapened to Gunray wanting to kill Padmé? Why did he never try again?
>>
>>64621075
Yeah, that made no sense to me either, you can't blockade a planet with nobody noticing. Demanding "proof" that there is an invasion should be as simple as "try and radio in Naboo and ask literally anyon". "Send literally anyone to go to Naboo for 5 minutes".
It would have made more sense if the Republic was simply unwilling to help even though they knew there was a problem.
>>
>>64621075
>send 2 jedi knights to investigate the blockade
>They return and tell them what's going on
>"NO EVIDENCE, WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!"

retarded as fuck
>>
>>64620088
Sheev is so power hungry and selfish that he assumes everybody is tempted by power. Sheev became emperor and dark side because he fucking loves power. To Sheev the temptation of power is enough.

Rule of two didn't exist in RotJ so Vader isn't going to be pushed out. Also Luke has already defeated Vader at this point and is younger so either way Luke is a more appealing apprentice.

More importantly, how did Vader lift Sheev with only one hand?
>>
>>64621595
>Rule of two didn't exist in RotJ

Why wouldn't it? Sheev was a pretty traditionalist desu
>>
>>64620141
It wasn't supposed to effect the battle, it was a separate event. Luke's goal was to face his father again and try to save him, he was sure there was still good in Vader and says so several times. he wasn't there to do anything else. You should have followed the story more carefully m8.
>>
>>64620474
>>64620518
Also because Savage was Ventress' plan to fuck Dooku up for abandoning her. Savage was meant to kill Dooku, not help Dooku kill Sheev.
>>
>>64620088
Tempting Luke with offers of power is perfectly logical, especially from Sheev's point of view. He was hoping to appeal to Luke's greed, who was still only human after all. I guess making him angry was an attempt to force his hand and hope the emotion and power of the dark side would poison his mind.
>>
>>64619965

I always thought Sheev kept Dooku in the dark about his major plot, Dooku believing the CIS would win. They faked a hostage attack to lure Anakin and Obi onto the ship so they could defeat them together.
>>
>>64621595
His mechanical arm gave him a tight grip, also Sheev wasn't a big guy like Vader.
>>
>>64621117
>Why did he never try again?
Padme almost gets killed quite a few times in the Clone Wars tv series.
>>
>>64619965
Dooku's character would have been infinitely better if they had introduced him in Phantom Menace as a supporter of Qui-Gon, only for them to ignore his request for aid against Darth Maul. Then at the end with the funeral, show Dooku clearly disillusioned that the council let his favorite apprentice die because of their inability to act.

Would have made for much better dynamic between him and Obi-Wan/Yoda
>>
File: JZr0onT.jpg (82 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
JZr0onT.jpg
82 KB, 500x453
>>64621871
Daily reminder that in all 6 movies, only Luke truly made Sheev anally devastated.

>You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me
>>
>>64621697
I think he meant that George Lucas hadn't invented the concept of the Rule of Two yet
>>
>>64621957
Wasn't Dooku suposed to be a political idealist?
That aspect of the character never seemed to surface
>>
>>64621595
This reminds me of Star Wars Legacy. Darth Krayt tries tempting Cade with power, but even though Cade is a pretty dark character with several vices, he doesn't care about gaining more power or dominating others. Krayt and the rest of his Sith are baffled, since they can't understand this mindset.
>>
>>64621890
Dooku engineered the Clone Army and Protocol 66, he also known Sheev was Sidioious and almost told it to Obi Wan. He knew everything, he was just retarded.
>>
"He is a political idealist"
Thats it
>>
>>64620141
It's almost like Luke went there for the sole purpose of saving his father, not destroying the Empire alone.
>>
>>64622612
>>64623072
What exactly were his ideals other than thinking the Jedi Council sucked?
>>
>>64621075
>Is galactic war really cheaper than just paying off people, buying elections, and massive PR campaigns?
>missing the entire point
Sheev wanted the entire Galaxy to yearn for unification and a new system of government because the Senate was a bunch of self-entitled twats going after their own interests.
He wanted people to actually WANT the Republic turning into a dictatorship.
>>
>>64620945
Those were clearly hot-blooded murders.
>>
>>64623562
You midunderstand. He's not asking why Sheev didn't do it, he's asking why the Trade Federation and the other rich people bankrolling the Seperatists didn't do it.
>>
sheev probably could have freed himself if he wanted and would kill dooku anakin and obi wan and make up some bullshit that anakin and obi wan gave their lives saving him from evil count dooku
>>
>>64623746
They wanted the status quo to remain because they profited from it. Sheev mind controlled and extorted them to do his bidding.
Sheev wanted to rule the galaxy.
>>
>>64623818
>They wanted the status quo to remain because they profited from it
If they wanted to maintain the staus quo, then why declare war on the Republic which would completely change the status quo?
>>
>>64620564
Raimi's spider-man
>>
>>64623848
>Sheev mind controlled and extorted them to do his bidding.
My point was that they didn't do it without Sheev.
>>
>>64623895
Did Sheev actually mind control them? It sure didn't look like it, especially since he only appeared to them as a hologram
>>
>>64620088

>even though he is objectively better than you in every way.

But he's not. Anakin's potential dropped like 50% when he got BBQ'd and was made half metal
>>
>>64623746
probably because they WERE making money off the war somehow, as most corporations can do today *tips fedora*

also they probably thought that if they won, which seemed a pretty sure thing early on, that they could get pretty good terms on all future business dealings without dealing with the corrupt senate
>>
>>64620564

Fight Club
>>
>>64620115
Dooku wasn't even evil though, must've been a poor Sith. He could've kill Anakin and Obi Wan (on two occasions)
>>
>>64624288
Yeah, but he can be a really scary hologram.
>>
>>64624575
>probably because they WERE making money off the war somehow, as most corporations can do today *tips fedora*
Corporations make money off of war because they'r payed by governments. The Seperatist Council wasn't getting payed, they were the ones bankrolling the war in the first place.

>on all future business dealings without dealing with the corrupt senate
But the senate was corrupt precisely because of these same corporations.
Corporations LOVE corrupt politicians, they're easy to bribe and you can dictate them to do your bidding if they want that re-election money or those free dinners at 5-star hotels.
>>
>>64624733
>The Seperatist Council wasn't getting payed, they were the ones bankrolling the war in the first place
pretty sure (inb4 not canon) that they were making money off the banking clan planet, who seemed to be bankrolling both the CIS and republic

>Corporations LOVE corrupt politicians
True, but why bother with corrupt politicians when they could just BE the politicians? plus they get rid of do-gooders like amidala and the Jedi
>>
>>64620707
Can't upheave the Sheev
>>
>>64621595
>Rule of two didn't exist in RotJ so Vader isn't going to be pushed out
it was never stated but I think it did. Bear in mind that Vader wanted to turn Luke and defeat the emperor, while Sheev wanted to replace Vader with Luke
>>
>>64624862
And how did the Banking Clan expect to make its money back?
And how does one Bank have enough money to finance a Galactic-Scale war?
>>
>>64625325
well i mean let's take a look at the Swiss for example.

If they one day decided to steal all of the money they've got, they could beat us the fuck out pretty easily.

You should be wary of Jews.
>>
Yeah, they wasted so many scenes having Dooku conspire with the Seperatists, but failed to explain what thy actually wanted
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivd7CITbunI
>>
>>64620184
>Sheev probably talked about immortality, Dooku was pretty old
How old was Dooku suposed to be in-universe? Christopher Lee was older than Ian McDiarmid. It would be weird if Dooku was actually older than Sheev
>>
>>64620715
I see what you did there senpai
>>
>>64624428
*citation needed*
>>
Dooku wanted power, he was already a very powerful jedi master turned dark. He also was planning to betray his master when the chance presented itself. He was too arrogant to assume his master would dispose of him.
>>
>>64620088
The force is supposed to be magically seductive, like the One Ring.

That was one of the things the prequels fucked up, trying to give a "plausible" reason for Anakin's fall. When actually "the dark side did it" was more believable.
>>
>>64623535
Politicians shouldn't act like politiciaans.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (292 KB, 1600x836) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
292 KB, 1600x836
Did Dooku have any memorable lines?
>>
>>64632871

>im a big guy for you
>>
If I remember correctly his motivation is that the republic is corrupt. He is a noble from serrano who probably believed in sort of an elitist view of the galaxy. He thought creating an empire with sheeve would create a more stable galaxy with less corruption. Of course as a sith his end goal would gave been to remove sheeve but he got on board with sheeve because he was disappointed with the jedi and the republic.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.