[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hard Eight - film >Boogie Nights - movie >Magnolia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Paul-Thomas-Anderson-As-a-011.jpg (35 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Paul-Thomas-Anderson-As-a-011.jpg
35 KB, 620x372
>Hard Eight - film
>Boogie Nights - movie
>Magnolia - movie
>Punch-Drunk Love - reddit
>There will be Blood - kino
>The Master - reddit
>Inherent Vice - kino
>>
>>64618769
Someone needs to explain all this shit with cinema, films, movies, and flicks. Aren't they all just movies?
>>
>op - pleb
>>
File: 1444641059014.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1444641059014.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>64618808

>cinema is used by neckbeards trying to sound cool that they watch movies for a deeper meaning

>films is used by neckbeards trying to prove they're not neckbeards trying to sound cool that they watch movies for a deeper meaning

>movies are movies

>flicks are /tv/ neckbeards trying ironically to prove they're not neckbeards trying to sound cool that they watch movies for a deeper meaning
>>
>>64618895
desu I prefer to use "film" instead of "movie", mostly because it's identitcal to what it's called in my country.

also I think movie sounds dumb compared to film.

put a bullet in my head if I ever refer to them as cinema though.
>>
>>64618769
Djdjdu
>>
>>64618769
>Punch-Drunk Love - reddit

Spotted the redditor. PDL is his best movie
>>
>>64621585
This, family.
>>
>>64618769
Why kino instead of cinema? In what language is that supposed to be?
>>
Magnolia is kino
>>
>>64621641
Austrian
>>
>>64619005
>also I think movie sounds dumb compared to film.

This.

Fucking americans
>>
>Punch Drunk Love - Reddit

It's Kino as fuck.
OP is a pleb motherfucker
>>
>>64618769

>Hard Eight - flick
>Boogie Nights - kinosynthsensograph
>Magnolia - cinemus superbus
>Punch-Drunk Love - cinema magnifiqué
>There Will Be Blood - reddit
>The Master - reddit
>Inherent Vice - kino
>>
>>64621884
Punch drunk stands out among yhe hack worthy dreck he's done
He's overrated as fuck
>>
>>64621641
All slav languages.
>>
ITT: No one knows what kino actually means

Also how is The Master reddit? It's his least catch phrase filled film full of questions with little to no answers.
>>
Magnoli - Kino
Rest - shit
>>
Magnolia is crap, the kind of crap you make when you're sad and regret, the Master is basically PTA making Barry Lyndon/Barton Fink. Essentially his most complicated and challenging film which people won't recognized for the Magnum Opus it is at least another two decades.

If you can find a way to live without a Master, please tell the rest of us.
>>
>>64621641
German and slav languages.
>>
File: themastercollage2.jpg (2 MB, 2160x1920) Image search: [Google]
themastercollage2.jpg
2 MB, 2160x1920
>>64624440
Freddie is a bad dog. He keeps running away from home. He stumbles on a new master who loves him very much and tries to teach him to behave. Freddie loves his new master very much too, and tries to learn new tricks for him. Unfortunately, the call of the wild proves too much for Freddie and he runs away again. After a time, he returns to the master he loves so much only to find that his master has made the very difficult realization that Freddie will never be happy on a leash. And so Freddie's master has to let Freddie go. Freddie is sad to leave, but realizes that he can survive in the wild. Freddie is loose, Freddie is happy, Freddie is his own master now.

Magnolia > The Master > TWBB > PDL > Inherent Vice > Boogie Nights > Hard Eight
>>
>>64624683
I quite liked that. Good boy. Now here's my take.

The Master isn't real. It's just an idea that Man created to fit his own narrative. However it is a powerful, intoxicating idea that dulls ones grasp of reality.

The most powerful force in the universe, even more than love, is man's own ego, able to rip through all physical boundaries and leap across time, bringing back loved ones in only a moment. Freddie is basically God is his own mind, every woman he sees stripped bare for his own enjoyment, but God is just dog backwards
>>
The Master is the greatest American film since Eyes Wide Shut. Magnolia, There Will be Blood, and Punch Drunk Love are all 10/10 movies. Inherent Vice and Boogie Nights are good flicks. Hard Eight doesnt count.
>>
>>64619005
what country are you in that uses the word film but not cinema?
>>
>>64618808
It's a meme you dip
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.