[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Everyone liked the prequels when they came out. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
>"Everyone liked the prequels when they came out. You just pretend to hate them because it's cool to hate them because of REDDIT LETTER MEMEIA!!! xD REDDIT!!!!!"

If this is true then why was there a South Park episode about how much The Phantom Menace sucked literally less than a month after it was released?
>>
>op didn't "get" it
damn...
>>
Watch/listen the south park movie commentary they trash the prequels and were one of the few in Hollywood that did.

But the RLM thing did change a lot of views for normies
>>
Good goys have always hated South Park
>>
I always thought the prequels were decent. Not 10/10 masterpieces but neither was the OT.

People overrate the OT because muh nostalgia when really there's nothing exceptional about them
>>
Easy, South Park were contrarians. Everyone liked the prequels so they felt the need to shit on them
>>
File: Star Trek_ Mirror, Mirror.jpg (84 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek_ Mirror, Mirror.jpg
84 KB, 800x598
BIG
BLACK
COCKS
>>
>>64616105
>and were one of the few in Hollywood that did.

Hahahaha no. They were released to a shit ton of negative reviews
>>
>>64616219
South Park was basically 4chan before 4chan. They still are largely in line with the views around here at the time when episodes air.
>>
>>64615885
South Park is mainstream contrarianism
>>
>>64616265
Disney paid them off because they predicted they would buy the license in 2015. It was the only way they could get the masses to turn against our beloved george
>>
I remember reading an old Boondocks comic strip where they shat on the prequels.
>>
>>64615885
Even the Simpsons were making episodes about how bad the prequels were. This was years before RLM.
>>
>>64616105
The fucking kid from TPM got teased in school until he hated the movie and wished he had never done it, he said it ruined his life.
>>
>>64615885
>>64615885
RedditLedditCuckia wasn't born the day he released that shitty review. He could've easily met with the writers of South Cuck and influenced them.
>>
I guess im a minority on /tv/ now but i was alive when the prequels came out and people hated TPM and AOTC
>>
>>64617515
Stfu the prequels are pretty GOAT
>>
>>64617527
THIS I always liked the prequels and no reddit kuk can tell me otherwise
>>
>>64617527
>>64617548
this.
everyone I know loved the prequels until disney shills changed the narrative
>>
>>64617527
>>64617548
>>64617565
This
>>
Reminder that only Redditors and Disney shills hate the prequels.

I say we all chip in and buy the franchise back for based George
>>
I was 12 when Episode I came out and I loved it at the time. If anything I didn't really understand why it was bad until I became old enough to realize it was a movie for a 12 year old. George literally did nothing wrong. He kept the movies in the demographic he intended them to be in.
>>
>>64617613
I was 11 and thought it was stupid. You're just a natural born pleb.
>>
>>64617319
to be fair, Jake Lloyd has a host of mental illnesses. The teasing probably exacerbated them, sure, but he's a diagnosed schizophrenic with bipolar disorder
>>
>>64617515

Nah, i remember the universal disappointment when they came out.
>>
File: mL65WBW.gif (997 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
mL65WBW.gif
997 KB, 500x230
>>64615885
>obvious reddit cunt
Do you not actually watch south park? they make fun of everything and anything, including stuff the creators like, this is well known to anyone thats not a fucking retard
>>
>>64615885
What r u stupid?

It's only a shitty newfag millennial meme to pretend the SW prequels were good.
>>
I wasn't into star wars as a kid and only watched them all at the same time when I was older. All my friends who watched the prequels as kids love them due to nostalgia, but they're objectively inferior.

I definitely remember, from a non fans perspective, people were shitting on the prequels. When Revenge came out, people were saying it was the only good one except for "the stupid no".
>>
>>64617756
I honestly still don't think Revenge is terrible. Certainly more enjoyable to watch than cg clones and jar jar.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.