[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Is the most powerful jedi ever >Even in the EU >There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 5
File: Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg (57 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg
57 KB, 768x431
>Is the most powerful jedi ever
>Even in the EU
>There's a prophecy about him bringing balance to the force
>His story is supposed to be the most significant in the setting, he's basically the jesus of Star Wars
>Brings balance to the force, empire is destroyed, everybody is happy
>Only for thirty years
>Sith come back
>What is basically the empire comes back
>Everything goes to shit

Why even make sequels? It's as if the saga about the biggest VIP of the galaxy never happened. Its significance is meaningless.
>>
>>64615520
>Is the most powerful jedi ever
>Even in the EU
>There's a prophecy about him bringing balance to the force
>His story is supposed to be the most significant in the setting, he's basically the jesus of Star Wars
You're forgetting to forget about the prequels anon.
>>
Darth Over-Rated-As-Fuck Vader
>>
>>64615520
>Sith come back

When?
>>
File: images-3.jpg (19 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
19 KB, 313x470
The prophecy was really about Rey
>>
>>64615597
The prequels just emphasize what I said.
>>64615643
That's like saying Hercules is overrated. He's supposed to be significant. The Chosen One isn't just a random title.
>>64615656
Kylo Ren and his super giant buddy.
>>
>>64615520
Good question. Did Lucas have the prophecy in mind before he made the prequels? If so, what was the Lucas sequel trilogy going to be about?
>>
>>64616038
The "Chosen One" prophecy was Lucas making Darth Vader the most important character in the setting because he was the most important character in the marketing. absolutely nothing in the OT suggests that Vader was anything more important than a normal Jedi who fell to the darkside. Seriously, forget about the prequels.

Snoke and Kylo Ren are not Sith, anyway. There's more to being a Sith than wielding a red lightsaber and using the darkside
>>
>>64616077
Same shit, really. Lucas said something about SW being a soap opera and it should always focus on the Skywalker family.
>>
>>64616091
It's literally a religion. This guy just got trained in the force, that's it.
>>
>>64616091
>>64616149
Ok, then. But the point still stays, the dark side came back. Anyways, Anankin was supposed to be significant, I don't see how I'm wrong on this one. The films are focused on him and they are the essence on the franchise. He's supposed to be a "Chosen One", he's born from the force. However dumb you consider the whole midi-chlorian count thing it's there forever and according to it Anakin had the most out of any person ever. Even if some jedi in the books, comic books or games had all the cool super powers and diablo-tier skill trees while Vader moved like an old man in the films he's still more powerful than them.
>>
>>64616038
>Kylo Ren and his super giant buddy

....are not sith. They are of the first order. Just because they use darkside force powers and have a red lightsaber doesnt make them sith. The Sith are a different group all together. The fact there are 9 Knights of Ren are a big thing against the rule of 2.
>>
Thats why Kylo Ren is not a sith lord. He is desperately trying to be like Darth Vader but the light is literally pulling on him presumably because the force is balanced.
>>
This bothers me somewhat.

I assumed The First Order WAS the resistance. Sure, the Empire was huge and there are probably a lot of military elements that preferred being fascist pricks- but with the destruction of the Deathstar #2 and the death of both Sith Lords, what exactly was stopping the Rebel/Republic navy and administration bring back the Senate? Why did the Senate not reconvene? In Episode 4 it's suggested that the Senate still sits despite the fact they don't do much- why wouldn't they seize power?

Why was the 'Resistance' fleet about 24 X-Wings? No Y or A wings during a bombing run? How is it the First Order has access to Empire resources when all the systems in the galaxy are free from the troubles of having their planet blown up or the Emperor blockading their entire system?

I have a feeling that they'll ret-con this 'prophecy' and make it so that there will always be a few Jedi and always a few Sith. His actions were a primary catalyst to the events that will occur in 7, 8, and 9, which will bring some semblance of balance to the force.

Prophecy's bullshit anyways- no one ever said who made it or where it came from or how old it is.
>>
>>64616685
The prequel trilogy focuses on him. The prequels are regarded as shitty and JJ isn't really drawing from them.

If we take 7 as a sequel to 6, there was no long lasting peace promised and no balance to the force brought. It was the good guys beating the bad guys and more bad guys came back in 7.

>Tl;dr 7 is a prequel to 6, dont go by what happens in 1,2 or 3
>>
>>64616897
>Prophecy's bullshit anyways- no one ever said who made it or where it came from or how old it is.

Only in the movies. In the EU its explained.
>>
Rey is a chosen one too!
>>
Not even close.
Palpatine, Dooku, Yoda and Mace could all beat him in a fight. Obi Wan beat him in a fight, but their skills are probably about even considering how long the fight lasted.
>>
>>64616784
Ok, you're being picky and this has no barring on what I spoke of. The dark side comes back.

It's as if the apocalypse of st. John mentioned the kingdom of heaven coming but only for 30 years. Or if the Greeks conquered Troy for only 30 years.
>>
>>64616911
>dont go by what happens in 1,2 or 3
That's retarded.
>>
>>64616897
>what exactly was stopping the Rebel/Republic navy and administration bring back the Senate?

Nothing, because that's exactly what happened. The New Republic was formed from the ashes of the Empire, and the Imperial remnants were driven into the uncharted regions of the galaxy. Frustrated with the new Senate's refusal to wipe out the remainders of the Empire, Leia and other former Rebellion leaders formed the Resistance from their own political and financial power to hunt down and oppose the First Order
>>
>>64616989
this shit makes no sense. Dooku always rag dolled Obi Wan like a bitch but somehow loses easily to Anakin? Shit is so retarded
>>
>>64616145
Thank god hes out
>>
>>64616989
That doesn't have any bearing on anything. You're talking stats and tree skills. Anankin was literally born from the force, he shook the foundations of the galaxy both politcally and metaphysically. He was prophesized and in the end he was the one that defeated Palpatine and brought power to the force.

That's how prophecies work, the heroes maybe stumped on, mutilated and enslaved but in the end they there's a destiny or fate that leads them to victory.
>>
>>64616991
Youre being naive. There is always going to be a dark side. I believe Yoda even says that. There cant be a good without an evil.

The prophecy was about the Sith. You cant just ignore an entire part of the lifeforce of the universe. The darkside exists in everyone and everything.
>>
They should never have made him Jedi Jesus. Instead just make him a skilled Jedi knight like Obi-Wan.
>>
>>64616989
Vader at his peak was much more powerful than all of them, even Sheev said so.
>>
>>64616989
>Dooku

Anakin fucking Handcuffed Dooku and assassinated him with his own Saber...
>>
>>64616897
>what exactly was stopping the Rebel/Republic navy and administration bring back the Senate?
The Senate came back they just change the location to the system currently heading it. This time it was Hosnia.
>Why was the 'Resistance' fleet about 24 X-Wings? No Y or A wings during a bombing run?
Because the Resistance is not a official part of the Republic they get money and resources from black channels to fight the Remnants but thats it.
>How is it the First Order has access to Empire resources when all the systems in the galaxy are free from the troubles of having their planet blown up or the Emperor blockading their entire system
Apparenlty the Republic just holds the most of the core world while the Empire Remnants dick around the outerrim where they can do what they want because the new Senate doesnt want to fight a War, they just sanctioned the shit out of them like cant recive weapon from Republic territory thats why Blastech and that other Firm threw together and joint and put it into Empire territory
>>
>>64617111
>Youre being naive
No, mythology is naive. Star Wars was always an ancient epic under the aesthetic guise of a space opera. Obviously realistically it wouldn't work that way, but we're talking about magical knights in space here with one of them having a super prophecy surrounding him.

It has nothing to do with what I think or I would hope for. The tone and structure of the series is consistent with it being a story of triumph of "good over evil".

If Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the force and he did it just for 30 or so years than how is this any different from the hundreds of jedi that defeated the dark side in their time. Often for much longer periods of time.
>>
ROTS was the profecy fulfilled, not ROTJ, at the end of ROTS, there's two Jedi, two sith, as his actions lead to the death of so many Jedi.

2x2, = balance. At least it's the only theory I've heard that makes sense
>>
>>64617343
No, the light side is balance. The dark side is corruption of balance.
>>
>>64617342
The idea that "balance to the force" means "only light" doesn't make any fucking sense.

People like Mace Windu exemplify balance. He actually utilizes both sides of the force.
>>
>>64617529
The Force was always the natural balance of the universe and the dark side was a corruption of that. you're letting EU videogames tell you that the Force is a dichotomy of two equal and opposite sides

the "mace windu uses darkside" stuff is EU nonsense too.
>>
>>64617529
How doesn't it make sense? Do you know any religion in the world that says yo should find a balance between good and bad? Even in dualistic religions despite the bad being powerful and often equal to the good, people still were supposed to aim for the latter.
>>
>>64617553
Fine. "Disregard the EU" is argument since they're already drawing shit from it like Rakata Prime, but sure. Let's ignore all of it.

The Father keeps the Daughter and the Son in balance. And that's completely canon via the clone wars.
>>
>bring balance to the force
>became evil in the PT because of to the extinction of the Sith and prevalence of Jedi
>became good in the OT because of the disappearance of the Jedi and rise of the Empire

poetry
>>
>>64617594
>Do you know any religion in the world that says yo should find a balance between good and bad
Daoisim

And have you considered that the Force is more than a religion since it actually fucking exists in-universe?
>>
>>64617607
>because of to the extinction of the Sith
The Sith established the rule of two themselves.
>>
>>64617598
>Rakata Prime gets mentioned in a map so suddenly KOTOR is canon

and Clone Wars may be "canon" for marketing purposes but do you really think the writers of the sequel trilogy give a flying fuck about what the cartoon series for 5 year olds said about the Force? When Ahsoka Tano shows up in the movies get back to me
>>
>>64617632
>Everything in the EU is not only not confirmed, it's patently false
>Even things that are confirmed as canon are not actually canon to me!

Why wouldn't they just make TOR canon as well if it was just a marketing ploy to make Clone Wars such? It's a property that's still on-going with content actually being created, even.
>>
>>64617632

Nice goalpost move.
>>
>>64615520

1-6 story of anakin skywalker
7+ new disney movies you can take them seriously if you want or read the EU instead or accept nothing and leave it to your imagination
>>
>>64617679
because all that matters to the series of movies is the movies, and that's all that mattered and all that ever will matter?

I guess we gotta complain about Yoda and Obi-Wan warning Luke not to face Vader before he's ready because a new comic book showed they had already fought and Luke did just fine. God, Lawrence Kasdan is such a hack for not predicting a comic book that would be released 35 years later! Just like how he's a hack for depicting the Force as an abstract energy field connected by all living things, when Dave Filoni showed us it's actually Christianity with a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!
>>
>>64617610
No, daoism is not about finding a balance between good and evil, ying and yang doesn't equate to moral and immoral.

And every religion establishes itself to exist in-universe. It still won't convince you to be a bit evil.

Not to mention how would this work with the OT then. Darth Vader came back to the light side and destroyed Sidious. That's how he brought balance to the force.
Also this:
>>>64617607
>>
File: 2016-01-08 05.22.46.jpg (609 KB, 1439x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08 05.22.46.jpg
609 KB, 1439x1060
>>64617610
>actually fucking exists

kek
>>
>>64617725
Considering the plot holes that already exist because of the prequels like nobody recognizing R2 or 3PO, this wouldn't really be the first time different parts of canon barely make coherent sense. And no matter how much it bothers you, if Disney says it's canon. It's canon.

>>64617732
>ying and yang doesn't equate to moral and immoral.
And neither does light and dark. The dark side is just about focusing on emotions and the light side is about detachment from them like Buddhism. The Sith and Jedi assign them moral standards. The Force does not exist as such.
>>
Why didnt the just force push the Deathstar into a sun?
>>
>>64617769
That wasn't my point at all and you know it. The fact is that nobody is going around committing public miracles for the world to see with the power of Christ. The force is extremely salient and before the OT was well-known across the galaxy.
>>
>>64617904
to clarify:

Religion relies on faith to believe the higher power exists. You can literally just watch someone force choke you in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>64617624

> The Sith established the rule of two themselves.

No that was all Bane.
>>
>>64617904
Not a lot of people even know of the existance of the force. Its a pretty hidden secret.

Its not like they use the force to entertain everyone.
>>
>>64617959
He was a big friend.
>>
>>64617865
The fact that Disney was able to just throw out 30 years of Expanded Universe material should be enough evidence to show how fickle and immaterial the expanded universe is and always will be

Unless it's in the movies, it doesn't matter. They're just labeling the new stuff as "canon" to make people buy it.
>>
>>64617992

Crashing this republic with no survivors.
>>
>>64617974
Yes, the force works exactly like religion in our world.
>>
>>64617974
And those people are to the force as atheists in China are to American Presbyterianism.

The actual adherents of the so-called religion all know that it does have real power and can actively show the power to anyone at any time. If you went up to a force user and said "prove the Force exists", they could. The same can't be said for any real-life religion.
>>
>>64618010
To civillians in the Star wars Universe, it does. To the viewers of the movie, we know it exists.
>>
>>64618027
Before Sheev took over, the Jedi were basically space cops. Considering they have the fucking news and cameras and holograms in-universe, there's no reason why the average person in a developed world wouldn't see the force being used in-person or on hologram.
>>
>>64617998
>The fact that Disney was able to just throw out 30 years of Expanded Universe material should be enough evidence to show how fickle and immaterial the expanded universe is and always will be

The EU hasn't been thrown out it is still around as Legends.

> Unless it's in the movies, it doesn't matter.

None of it matters unless you make it matter see >>64617723
>>
>>64618027
There was an actual jedi temple in the capital where you could bring kids to play. You're trying to hard to justify your shitty meme.
>>
File: revan.png (715 KB, 489x600) Image search: [Google]
revan.png
715 KB, 489x600
>>64615520
>Even in the EU
>Revan
>And if by Jedi you mean force users in general, then also Kreia, Sion, Darth Nihilus, The Exile, and the ancient nameless Sith Lords to which Kreia called herself and everyone else mere children in comparison to.

I'd kill for a Revan movie.
>>
File: Darth_Bane.jpg (303 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane.jpg
303 KB, 700x919
>>64618113
Rather see this guy get a movie.
>>
>>64618106
>One jedi temple
>on one planet
>that had 100 billion people on it
>in a galaxy with millions of star systems and quadrillions of people
>this temple was common knowledge and visited by everyone in the galaxy

it's not like the temple was open to the public
>>
>>64618106
And still Anakin knew about the jedi but not the force... I know of priests and can go to church, doesnt mean I believe miracles can happen
>>
>>64618130

Nah

I think reven is pretty cool guy. eh loses memory and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>64618091
The thing that I wish people on /tv/ would realize is that the EU exists in the same fucking way it always has.

Lucas always had established that the movies were the official canon adn everything else published by Lucasarts was secondary and anything that conflicted with a movie was false.

Saying things like KOTOR aren't canon doesn't mean they didn't happen in-universe. Only when the events of a movie directly or indirectly conflict with the events of KOTOR does it become untrue in-universe. It's why "Legends" is a much better term for non-canon. Legends are often based on things that actually happened.
>>
>>64618156
Bane kills his dad. They've never done that bef...
>>
Did I just complete misunderstand the plot of Star Wars?

I thought they just misunderstood the prophecy and that it was Luke who was the true chosen one in the end.
>>
>>64618164

top lol
>>
>>64618146
You think Coruscant just existed without ever inventing any sort of media? That every time a news report came on with footage of a Jedi averting disaster by force-pulling some shit the average viewer just said "eh, I don't beleive in any of that religious mumbo-jumbo"
>>
>>64618178
No Anakin was. In the end it was Anakin who destoyed the sith by Killing Sheev and then himself to save Luke.
>>
>>64618178

Ignore the "prophecy" in the PT.
Only reason PT is still cannon is because of the deal with Lucas, even then, they're barely using anything from it.
>>
>>64616685

>the dark side came back

Why do I even bother reading the half-baked thoughts of casuals?

e chu ta, bitch nigga
>>
>>64618200

Oh yeah that makes sense I guess.
>>
>>64618192
yes because clearly there were war correspondents all over the Battles of Geonosis and Utapau to show people the cool jedi tricks

>inb4 hurr durr eu thing said this
>>
>>64618178
>>64618178
>>64618200
In the end it's just a shitty prophecy that some idiots who didn't even manage not to die (or even prevent giving over control of the galaxy to a single Sheev) made. Why anybody expects it to be correct is beyond me.
>>
>>64618178

"You have got to remember this is one movie and its meant to be seen one through six and I think if you watch the actual movie in order the story will become very clear that Anakin is the chosen one" - George Lucas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgBpoiC8qGA
>>
Isn't Darth Nihilus like the most powerful Sith ever in history?
>>
>>64618237
>You can't even assume a highly-developed civilization has the fucking news unless it's explicitly mentioned in the movie

Well lucky for you not only is HoloNet News feature multiple time in the canon Rebels cartoon show, but this website exists and is also confirmed canon.
http://holonetnews.com/
>>
>>64618113
I don't even care if they adopt the entire plot, the casual movie goers wouldn't know about it. Main guy with amnesia turns out to be the evil big bad turns good etc.
>>
>>64618328

Fun fact: Never in the history of anything did amnesia make anyone forget who they are.
It only makes you forget recent things.

So let's call what happened to Revan what it is.
Jedi Magic Memory changer (TM)
>>
>>64618301
Darth Vader and then Darth Sidious are the most powerful Sith's ever. Palpatine is unimaginably powerful. I thought Mr. Plinkett's point about how "the Emperor only did the lightning for show, he probably could have just stopped Luke's heart from beating if he really wanted to" and Luke is supposed to be very powerful too.
>>
>>64618391
Is RLM gonna do a Force Awakens Plinkett video? or is it too good of a movie for that?
>>
>>64618113

Or Exar Kun, Tulak Hord.....

But we got a girl and an recycling of Episode 4
>>
>>64618404

No. Apparently they are JJ Abrams fans.
>>
>>64618404
they already did a 42 minute discussion with nothing negative to say about it. same with jurassic world
>>
>>64618156
jesus, that was a great counter-meme. got him right in the fat pussy.
>>
Familiar terms, perhaps, but I reiterate: no gunrunner is going to say, "I made
the Miami-San Salvador run in fifty miles!"
>>
>>64615520
He was a big guy
>>
>>64618364
I recall reading an article about someone with full amnesia. Couldn't even remember the language and how to talk. Remastered it in two years.
>>
>>64615520
>in the EU

thats Luke m8

Also George said Sheev and Luke were both the most powerful
>>
>>64617723
>1-3 story of anakin skywalker
>4-6 story of luke skywalker

ftfy
>>
>>64619606
>movies named after Vader in OT: 1
>movies named after Luke in OT: 0
It was all about Anakin, the OT was his redemption arc.
>>
>>64619642
>return of the jedi
>not meaning both of them
>a new hope
>not meaning luke

what the fuck anon also vader did jack shit in ANH
>>
>>64619656
>calling Star Wars "A New Hope"
don't do that, anon
>>
>>64616685

You don't get rid of the dark side, numb nuts. Holy fuck, you missed the entire point.
>>
Obi Wan is the most powerful jedi
>>
>>64619829
no it's Yoda
>>
>>64616989
They could beat Anakin, Vader in the suit when he's mastered the dark side would wreck all of them except Sheev
>>
>>64619656
>ANH

just nys fampai
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.