[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give up trying to like TFA As long as you like it, or the general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: des1070_jpeg_4k_pub_1dc59ce6.jpg (250 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
des1070_jpeg_4k_pub_1dc59ce6.jpg
250 KB, 768x431
Give up trying to like TFA

As long as you like it, or the general public likes it, the people on /tv/ will never relent about it until you hate it. They will keep making threads and coming up with new ways to push the hate as hard as they can. It's the nature of 4chan; everything is predicated upon contrarionism. TFA will never be loved on /tv/ until everyone hates it.
>>
Tell that to KANJIKLOOB
>>
>everything is predicated upon contrarionism

Not on the more down to earth boards.

But I agree the majority of boards are like this.

That having been said, I didnt like it because its a clone of the film where they blew up the death star the first time.

srsly
>>
>>64615143
Perfect response.
>>
I probably won't watch it again until the torrent's out anyway
>>
>>64615113
Or maybe because it's a terrible movie.
>>
just don't post in threads, I saw the movie, made my own mind and had a few conversations with /tv/ anons and that's that. don't know how people still have it in them to want to talk about it, what more can be said?
>>
It was fun but honestly Rian Johnson's sequels are going to be more grounded, spend more time humanizing the characters, and unless it's mandated by Disney won't be color corrected into candyland. Literally right after seeing Looper I thought "this guy should do Star Wars".
>>
it's more fun to shit on things than praise them when you're anonymous I'm afraid.
>>
Why do plebs constantly chalk up disliking something or having a negative opinion on something that has mass appeal to "being contrarian"?

>"Oh, you don't like this thing that the majority of people like? You're just being contrarian!"

This isn't even close to being a good argument. People have different opinions on things, especially things like movies. Claiming that 4chan just tries to be "contrarian" is a shitty argument, because then people could just as easily argue that you're just trying to agree with the masses.

Oh you LIKED Star Wars? Well you just like it because everyone else likes it. See? That's a stupid, pointless shitty argument.

I enjoy /tv/ and /mu/ because people offer different points of views on movies and television that you're not going to see expressed on other websites where people are afraid for whatever dumb reason to go against the masses and form negative opinions on popular things.

If you want a hivemind, literally go to reddit. You will love it and never have to make a shitty thread like this again.

TLDR: Go to reddit, but seriously.
>>
>>64615379
>Rian Johnson's sequels are going to be more grounded
Grounded in retread like Jurassic World was. Only he'll retread the prequels as well as the original trilogy.
>>
>>64615413
Support them claims
>>
File: The Respect That Matters.gif (317 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
The Respect That Matters.gif
317 KB, 320x224
>>64615403
You can be my wingman any time.
>>
>>64615413
ep 9 is gonna be the second retread, not 8. RJ likes the prequels but he'd be a nut to retread those in 8.
>>
File: 1274158989361.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1274158989361.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>64615403
>Why do plebs constantly chalk up disliking something or having a negative opinion on something that has mass appeal to "being contrarian"?

Because only plebs deal in absolutes. Almost all the negative posts about TFA are typical troll-eqsue "it's the worst thing every" kind of bullshit.

It is clearly NOT the worst thing ever, unless you've only seen a few dozens movies in your lifetime.

All of the reasonable threads discussing it's flaws and fortes go to instant page 10, because nobody here actually wants to discuss film. "We" just want to meme-spout and shitpost, and contrarianism is an easy way to do that.

Spoiler alert: Not only does Han Solo die, but the people praising the movie as the greatest thing ever are also trolling you, so you can say idiotic stuff like "go back to reddit." And you're dumb enough to actually fall for it.
>>
>>64615113
Any sane person can see TFA was a very very average movie. Yes it was fun because it was star wars, but its still average as fuck. Ant-man was more memorable.
>>
>>64615403
>TLDR: Go to reddit

Thanks for proving my point. Anything opinion that coincides more with popular opinion than 4chan opinion is "reddit".

There's a difference between recognizing a movie is flawed but liking it anyway, and all the threads here that treat it as though it's literally the worst thing on earth
>>
>>64615515
Be patient, 7-9 will just be an interim trilogy. The good stuff will happen in 10-12. You only need to wait 4 years before 10 comes out. It's all part of the grand plan.
>>
>>64615338
How do you explain love for Lucas and the prequels all of the sudden?
>>
>>64615588
>Thanks for proving my point. Anything opinion that coincides more with popular opinion than 4chan opinion is "reddit".

Not at all what I was getting at. OP is upset that other people and probably the majority of /tv/ dislike shitty nostalgic reboot of space soap opera movie that you liked when you were 12.

I am saying that if you have trouble dealing with negative opinions of things you like, Reddit might be better suited for you because people tend to either 1. Have the same exact opinions on things, per subreddit or 2. The most popular opinions get voted up and the least popular opinions get hidden.

SO, what I am telling you is that if you HAVE AN OPINION SHARED BY THE MASSES (what's another word for the masses? Oh yeah, the plebeians), it will MOST LIKELY find common support on a website where people upvote things that are generally popularly supported.

I am literally telling you why you may like the website Reddit better than 4chan, where you seem to be getting your feelings hurt. It's not an insult to say go to Reddit, it's a suggestion.
>>
>>64615588
>All the threads
>Worst thing on earth
It's like you have no concept of the words you're using.

There are people who are being little shits and treat it as the worst thing ever, for the sake of trolling, yes. Big surprise. Real important PSA you have there.
>"There are Trolls on 4chan!"
Good job, now we know! And knowing is half the battle!

The issue the Anon takes with you, is that you automatically act like everyone who talks about how the movie is bad, is a contrarian. Maybe you just don't know how to properly express yourself, and you actually think there are people with reasonable opinions who dislike this film, but the way you establish yourself, it just sounds like you find it absolutely impossible for anyone to dislike this film, based off of the fact that some faggots overdo it.

Looking at what you're saying, it makes it look like you are incapable of discerning criticism from trolling, and in that case, without sarcasm you really shouldn't be here, or at least you should start taking a step back before responding to things here.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.