[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw everyone shits on season 2 of The Walking Dead even though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: The-Walking-Dead-Season-2.jpg (73 KB, 550x395) Image search: [Google]
The-Walking-Dead-Season-2.jpg
73 KB, 550x395
>tfw everyone shits on season 2 of The Walking Dead even though it was the only season that presented interesting moral dilemmas and had more truly memorable moments than later seasons.

>Shane shooting Otis, Rick killing those 2 sketchy guys in the bar, the Sophia reveal, Shane and Rick arguing what to do with the kid they captured and tied up, Rick having to kill Shane.

Everyone complains about the season because of the setting but the show would be bland as fuck if it was only about them surviving against zombies and absurdly evil villains.
>>
>>64614753
Shane didn't shot Otis right, he tripped him so the zombies would get him?

Season 2 was dope though. The last 3 seasons of WD have been shit though.

>opening 3 minutes, something ok happens
>next 37 minutes, nothing fucking happens
>last 2 minutes, something crazy happens

BRAVO SHIT WRITERS
>>
>>64614753
>5 things happened
>in 22 episodes

kk
>>
I want to fuck Carol so bad she's so goddamn sexy.
>>
Dropped it when Merle died.
>>
BRING BACK DALE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: swampgas.webm (150 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
swampgas.webm
150 KB, 1280x800
>Shane didn't shot Otis right, he tripped him so the zombies would get him?

You're right must've been some swamp gas
>>
>>64614784
Pretty sure shane shot one of Otis' knnes out
>>
>>64614960
More like swamp ass with the way he was moving
>>
>>64614753
Season 1 was probably the weakest season to date. Season 2 was considerably better but it's not fun for the audience if they're morally conflicted all the time. If you want to chase ratings, better to write for the absolute bottom-tier intelligence survivalists and zombie groupies who think TWD could actually happen.
>>
>>64614753
literally no one shits on any one season of the walking dead because only fucking tastless plebs watch it at all. it is probably the worst show on television. with out a doubt the most over rated.

i never got past the second episode.
>>
>>64614960
>>64614988
I remembered it wrong. My bad. That's my plan in bear attack situations or zomibe attack situations. Trip your friend and run.
>>
>>64615022
It isn't very good, but how can you make that assumption after only having watched 2 episodes?
>>
File: 1450467748155.jpg (494 KB, 1280x1912) Image search: [Google]
1450467748155.jpg
494 KB, 1280x1912
>>
#150 is out next week

Anyone excited? I'm pretty curious who will betray Rick but I have a feeling he's going to betray himself or the community somehow.
>>
>>64615064
i have caught 10 minutes here and there since then. but when i actually sat down to watch it all i got about 15 minutes into the third episode and said fuck it.

i have never sat down and watched the big bang theory or two and a half men from start to end either. but from the 10 minute snippets i have seen i can judge the quality.
>>
Every season sucks
>>
File: 1410439135616.jpg (40 KB, 452x330) Image search: [Google]
1410439135616.jpg
40 KB, 452x330
>>64615011
got'em
>>
>>64615022
I stopped watching but held on longer because it was so bad, it was like witnessing a train wreck. Season two & three was physically painful to watch, it became an almost masochistic act
>>
>>64614864
gross man
>>
>>64614753
This

5 has some interesting things happen but doesn't get close in my opinion just edgy. S2 is by far the most superior season but the rest were written for the most low level plebs to enjoy it has the circle jerk of being the worse season

That dosen't however remove the fact the season needs to be atleast one episode shorter (namely the well walker episode) and has a few stupid things and character motivations. Plus some odd underuse of certain characters. But most of that can be chalked up to the behind the scenes debacle as Darabont had planned things for the season but not all of it was left with the writers once he was fired so they had to piece it back together.
>>
Too much race mixing, fuck this show
>>
>>64614753
Fuck the bar scene is awesome as he shoots them and the regulator by clutch starts playing.
>>
File: melissamcbride.jpg (231 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
melissamcbride.jpg
231 KB, 500x600
>>64614864
same
>>
File: 7653.jpg (4 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
7653.jpg
4 KB, 160x120
>>64614864
Def. this everytime
>>
>>64614753
I've really liked all of it. Just the right amount of everything if not just a little slow at times.

Its a show about zombies, its hokey fun. I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape about it. Its a fun show.
>>
>>64615072
havent laughed that hard all week
>>
Sophia barn scene was still one of the best
>>
It always feels like this show thinks it's really deep but when it gets down to it, it doesn't deliver.
Some really nice acting though, sometimes verging on over-the-top but it feels sincere? You can tell the actors are way into it at this point.
>>
Shane shooting Otis was fucking retarded. They spent like a month fighting on the floor. He shot him so he could get away, when they both were easily getting away anyway.

Bar guys were cool, only good episode that season.

Sophia was 4 episodes too late.

Shane and Rick arguing about the kid never went anywhere, there were so many arguments about the same thing and at the end of each one nothing had changed.

Rick killing Shane was a joke. That scene itself was so much balls (especially Carl), the setup barely made any sense, and then suddenly horde. Ok then.

Atrocious season, one of the worst of any television shows ever. We're talking Dexter ending levels of bad.
>>
>>64616535
would you say that s3 or 4 are better you pleb?
>>
I liked the prison, I wish they'd spent more time there.

Overall the series feels rushed I think
>>
File: 1452205662783.jpg (14 KB, 310x464) Image search: [Google]
1452205662783.jpg
14 KB, 310x464
Does the contrarianism know no bounds?
>>
>>64616744
it's legitimately not contrarianism for me. I knew people would have problems with season two but i was shocked to find people truly believe season 4 and 3 are better
>>
>>64616673
Been a while since I saw them, but I found S3 and 4 slightly more interesting, but not that much better.
>>
>>64614753
Shane shot Otis, Rick shoots Shane, Rick shoots guys in bar, Daryl hallucinating hanging out with his brother and gets shot in the head mistaken as a walker, Michonne mysteriously shows up at end of finale. These are the only badass moments, rest of season was shit.
>>
Season 2 was the last season we had where it was mainly about the internal struggle amongst the main cast. Since then it's been all about the "big bad" of the season; i.e. the governor, the terminus cannibals, the wolves, and soon-to-be Negan.

The show is better when it's not a clear-cut "good guys vs bad guys" storyline and more about different ideologies clashing.
>>
>>64617007
This. Contrary to plebs opinions, the governor would have worked so much more as a conflicted gray villain.
>>
>>64616744
reminder that /tv/ embraces Adam Sandler now that it's cool to hate him
the contrarianism will never end
>>
>>64617066
People here embrace him because he makes terrible movies and doesn't give a fuck and openly admits they are paid vacations. Dude's an absolute mad man. It's not contrarianism, the small group of people that defend the prequels here are contrarians
>>
>>64617038
But he was a conflicted gray villain
>>
>>64617230
no, the walking dead beyond s2 is not capable of presenting conflicted gray characters. He has a few moments where he's humanised a bit but its not much (mainly the daughter thing) from the get go he's murdering innocent people with no remorse
>>
It feels like these later seasons the main cast is all split up. I miss them being together.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.