[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching. This movie. Thiiiis movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: hateful eight.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hateful eight.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
Just finished watching.

This movie. Thiiiis movie.
>>
>>64614040
did you enjoy the "big blag dangus?"
>>
>>64614067
what a worthless scene that was
>>
spoiler:
a johnson
>>
>>64614114
It helps fuel Tarantino's fantasies.
>>
>>64614040
How come Channing Tatum shot his balls off but didn't keep shooting?

Why didn't he also shoot the Sheriff?

Why did the Sherrif become friends with Samuel after he killed The General? He spent the first 2/3rds of the movie shitting on the union major and idolising the Confederate General.

Why did Quentin have such shit narration?
>>
Copypasting my comment from another thread.

So I just finished watching it.

Why the fuck is Tarantino obsessed with black dicks and black this and black that? I mean I understand it in Django and this movie is after the civil war but goddamn it's obnoxious.

Movie was alright, I was really happy that it began as a "whodunit" kinda movie and then just degenerated into typical Tarantino shoot-out.

He really slipped after Inglorious Basterds in my opinion, but Django was the worst.
>>
File: Unacceptable.gif (957 KB, 375x211) Image search: [Google]
Unacceptable.gif
957 KB, 375x211
>>64614226

also, why the fuck didn't Quentin show us through C I N E M A T O G R A P H Y Gage poisoning the coffee? Laziness?
>>
>>64614226
That diabolical bitch tried to kill him. How the fuck are you going to roll over and make a deal with her?
>>
BIG
>>
>>64614454

>Inglorious his peak
>Django worst
agreed

>degenrated into shootout

it was a bit much. I liked the tension it created but didn't like how the gang was basically moot at that point. The mexican, englishman, and cowboyman were just gun fodder at that point, which is a shame considering how the movie began.
>>
>>64614454
>Inglorious Basterds
terrible flick, he slipped after deathproof
>>
calm down faggot it wasn't even good
>>
>>64614040
>Thiiiis movie
.. is stupid
>>
>>64614040
Just finished reading.

This reddit. Thiiiis reddit.
>>
I like this movie. I enjoy when bad things happen to white people.
>>
Was Daisy supposed to be sympathetic? I don't know, she was devious and coldblooded, I don't know if people are supposed to feel sorry when John Ruth elbows her in the face, I just laughed
>>
>>64614726
So does everyone else but 'Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss movie' was just retarded
>>
He slipped after Kill Bill.

The revenge theme with great visuals and music was awesome the first time around. I still adore Kill Bill when I watch a few scenes drunk, those films are just beautiful. But then he just had to smoke a few blunts too many and turn into a one trick pony.
>>
Is there any possibility as to whether Daisy truly had a gang of 15 men that were going to wreak havoc on the town?
>>
File: channing.jpg (38 KB, 714x252) Image search: [Google]
channing.jpg
38 KB, 714x252
>I have a headache

seriously?
>>
>>64614726
Stay jelly shitskin
>>
>>64614226
Why did Minnie let the Mexican in if she hated them so much?
>>
>>64614805
Didn't matter because they knew they were gonna die anyway.
>>
>>64614805
no she was just trying to con them. if she had 15 men they would have all been there and just shot the fuck out of everyone that wasnt daisy. makes no sense to only have 4 do a rescue when you could have overwhelming odds on your side.
>>
>>64614805
Not that TH8 has a whole lot of logic, but probably not because why not bring them to Minnie's, too? Strength in numbers and all that jazz. Tarantino's a hack who wanted Reservoir Dogs: On Ice too much to give his characters problem solving skills.
>>
>>64614786
I mean Kill Bill was GOAT. Anything after is going to be garbage. Plus, Tarantino has made it his mission to get people into film so he's started putting in Director commentary as plot.
>>
Why is Sam Jackson is nearly all of his movies? Quentin publicly seems like he's pretty adamant at saying nice things about blacks and having him in his movies, but then he peppers them with "Nigger". Is Sam secretly racist against his own kind?

you'd think it would just wear on him or something I guess
>>
>>64614226
Was tatum trying to be stealthy, by only shooting once?

I honestly don't remember if they knew where the shot even came from
>>
I enjoyed the acting and cinematography.
Part of the screenplay were lackluster.
The last act was easily the worst.
>>
>>64614915
THIS
drove me crazy
>>
>those slow-mo shots
Cringed hard
>>
>>64614226
Why?

Because the movie was made by an idiot that's why
>>
File: SamJacksonscowl.jpg (40 KB, 667x375) Image search: [Google]
SamJacksonscowl.jpg
40 KB, 667x375
>>64615264
He's a former Black Panther, you dingus.
>>
Is Tarantino a one-trick pony?
>>
The whodunnit aspect was awful.

So the suspicion is that one of the cabin dwellers is conspiring against John Ruth. But who?!

Well let's not focus on that. Let's not provide any clues. Let's just sidetrack. It doesn't matter who you think the conspirator is, you're right either way because it's FUCKING EVERYBODY, plus one under the floorboards.

Fuck having any kind of twist...unless that was supposed to be it. Pathetic.

Then it draws on from there, just like Django.
>>
>>64616799
>Fuck having any kind of twist.
Uhh that was a twist I'm pretty sure nobody saw coming.
>>
Honestly, I just thought it was boring. Especially the first half. I almost fell asleep.
>>
>>64615816
I'm pretty sure he was lying about that just to make Bob slip up and admit he was a bandit.

It was just another one of his tests to see if he really was a liar or not. He's already been established as a liar, and the flashback just proves how good he is at making things up.
>>
File: 1448145753016.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1448145753016.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
Guys

W-what are the chances he'll cast one of the honorary members of the foot clinic (Emma Stone, Ariel Winter, Katy Perry, Kristen Wiig, Emma Watson, Mila Kunis) in our life time
>>
>>64614040
It felt like a theater show. great film. contrarians can go get fucked
>>
>>64615955
Yeah, no wonder the fucking movie was 3 hours.
>>
>>64614040
I went in really wanting to like it. But i feel like if you're gonna make a western make a western man. It starts like that but then it's a locked room mystery and then it's a fucking action movie for ten minutes.

None of the themes feel like they develop at all, the whole flashback scene to the massacre just dragged on and on, SLOW MOTION SHOTS, fucking dumb ending. Ugh it was just an indulgent piece of shit.
>>
>>64614915
he didn't say anything IIRC so she didn't hear his accent.
>>
i read the script ages ago and wasnt impressed at all

should i still see the movie?
>>
>>64616799
>being mad that the movie was smarter than you
>>
>>64614114

Worthless?

You wot m8?

That scene is not worthless at all.

It made Sam's character and Dern's character deeper.

Was Jackson lying?

Was he telling the truth?

Either way he's piece of shit.

Was his actions justified?

Was Bruce Dern's pulling of the gun justified?

Even though he killed many people he's still a father in heart even though he never (or haven't for a long time) met his son.

Who was the bad guy in this scenario? Both of them? Only one? Did this happen really?

That was a great scene, /pol/ racism aside.

Also...why people seem to hate Django? That movie was amazing, better than this one
>>
>>64618543
It's worth a watch at the least, if you actually give a fuck about decent movies that are not capeshit or shitty teen movies.

Kind of underwhelming, but good dialogue at the very least
>>
>>64614114
It's Tarantino's new fetish.

I miss when he had a foot fetish tbqh familia, i don't like this gay cuck shit.
>>
tarantino is done
>>
>>64618831
>if you actually give a fuck about decent movies that are not capeshit or shitty teen movies.

You're joking right? It is a teen movie
It's worse than that, it's a kids movie. It's Junior's introduction into the action genre, he'd watch it on the weekend and get hooked on crappy shoot'em up flicks.
It's the kind of movie kids used to rent when video stores still existed

The dialogue is simple, basic and modern, it's easy to follow, has tons of edge, action and violence. What more can a boy want? It's really in the same league as what you compared it against but you don't see it. Your upbringing was strictly rated G- Disney and Nick, it's like you skipped your adolescence or grew up in a different era

A while back Tarantino mentioned he wanted to capture the feel of crappy B movies of the past, I think we're starting to see his vision come to light. This is it
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.