[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone constantly talk shit on this scene? And on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Why does everyone constantly talk shit on this scene? And on the prequel trilogy as a whole, for that matter?

The sperm imagery was no less blunt than Luke wearing black clothes when he was becoming darker. In fact I'd argue this shit is way more subtle. The dialogue is fine for Star Wars standards. The OT is full of clunky shit that a normal human being would never say. At least there's some subtext and weight behind this conversation. And the shot itself is fucking pretty, plain and simple.

>inb4 RedditLeltterMemedia OT purists and TFA apologists fag up this thread
>>
>prequels are good
I'm getting really tired of this meme, street term for network of relatives.
>>
>>64613890
Please refer to the greentext in the OP and head on back to Reddit. Thank you.
>>
>>64613785
>>64613974
>>64614161
Here's your reply, faggot.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>64613890
please just accept the fact that the prequels aren't the abominations reddit's made you believe they are
>>
PT needs more scenes of visual metaphors for conception
>>
>>64614218
>reddit
fans have been hating prequels before reddit even existed you fucking nigger
>>
>>64613785
>fucking pretty
>another obvious as fuck blue screen shot
>>
>>64613785
It's the best scene in the series by a mile. There is no OT scene that is even close to as bone chilling, not even when Luke was being shocked to death by the Emperor. Both OT and Prequels are pleb tier entertainment but this scene is the closest to patrician they come
>>
>>64614451
I never cared about the blitzball CGI, but I still love the scene because of Sheev's story.
>>
This is the only good scene in ROTS.

AOTC has a couple.

If you took Jar Jar out of TPM and replaced Anakin with someone less annoying it'd be fine.
>>
File: 1451273738384.jpg (899 KB, 1680x2052) Image search: [Google]
1451273738384.jpg
899 KB, 1680x2052
>being so contrarian you have to pretend the prequels weren't abominations

Getting tired of this.
>>
>>64613974
>>64614218
>>64614895
>>64614971
>>64614992
Is it still trolling when people actually genuinely agree with the OP?
>>
>>64615014
They all are indeed abominations. They were ambitious abominations though. TFA is just pathetically safe fan service.
>>
I have a question regarding the sith which is unrelated to this thread but I'm posting it here anyway because I didn't want to post another fucking SW thread.

What do they usually do? Like in a single year during republic rule if you were to give a summary of the shit they've done what'd you end up with? They just go around killing Jedi across the galaxy or what?
>>
>>64615136
They were in hiding and pulling the strings behind the Senate. They were also helping the separatists to further pull the republic apart and in general putting out bad vibes on the Force.

Or something like that I think.
>>
>>64613785
Who complains about it? It's a good scene. Every other scene? Not so much.
>>
>>64613785
I love that scene, OP. I'd argue that's one of the best scenes of all SW movies
RotS is an okay movie, honestly, but I really don't care for the other two prequels (or TFA, for that matter)
>>
>>64615136
it's not like they're a bunch of joker's scheming to takedown their respective batman's, just think of Sith as sorcerers. What do sorcerers do? They work on their goals, trying to gain more power and shit.

Heck what does any evil politician do? Try to take over the world/universe and destroy his enemies.

That's what they did. Back when there was a ton of sith, they had their own empire and tried to take over more and more

back during the prequel years there was only 1 or 2 sith and they slowly worked behind the scenes on their plan which ended up in order 66 and the creation of the empire

and during the OT, they just sat around trying to solidify their power and destroy their enemies.

It's a living.
>>
>>64615136
they just want to rule the universe and kill some jedi
>>
>>64613785
That scene alone is better than all of TFA.

Revenge of the Sith is painted in broad brush strokes. It is played out a mammoth stage by actors with megaphones. It is Big and Bold. It is outrageously epic geographically and emotionally. The symbolism is grand too and because it is in keeping with the story's sweep it does not unbalance the story.

On the scene, at the Opera House, the Mon Calamari put on a show where sperm-like ribbons float in and out of a massive watery egg. The discussion between Sheev and Anakin about the creation of life cements the visual message.

>"Ironic isn't it? ...He could save others but not himself" - Sheev
>"He saved others, let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One" - Priest Luke 23:35

The director George Lucas uses the language of Christian heritage, words already resonant with meaning, as stepping stones to a greater understanding. In this way he subtly illuminates for us the roles, the motivations and the size of what is at stake.
>>
File: 1451053042169.jpg (106 KB, 736x933) Image search: [Google]
1451053042169.jpg
106 KB, 736x933
>>64615418
Lucas is a motherfucking genius when it comes to imagination and powerful ideas. It's those ideas that have continued to resonate with people for almost 40 years. That being said he really should have had someone else write the dialogue for the prequels.
>>
>>64615418
This is some top shelf trolling.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.