[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>IGN: Han is fourteen in A New Hope? >Lucas: Yeah. >IGN:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 653819305158063144.jpg (91 KB, 412x594) Image search: [Google]
653819305158063144.jpg
91 KB, 412x594
>IGN: Han is fourteen in A New Hope?
>Lucas: Yeah.
>IGN: As in, he's fourteen years of age?
>Lucas: Well, he's meant to be. We cast Ford because he was in my previous movie, but Han was supposed to be this little kid who's out of his depth. He still is, in my eyes. That's how I wrote him.
>IGN: This is pretty mind-blowing for Star Wars fans.
>Lucas: Good.
>IGN: So Han is younger than Luke?
>Lucas: That was the way I intended it. Obviously Harrison doesn't make a convincing fourteen year old (laughs), but--
>IGN: If you had complete creative control back then, would you have cast a young actor?
>Lucas: If I had my way, I'd go back and re-shoot all Harrison's scenes with a child actor. That's unfinished business in my eyes.

What did he mean by this?
>>
I seriously wanna punch Lucas in his fucking gargantuan neck-flap
>>
>>64613305
Pro-tip friendo, it's b8.
>>
>>64613089
It's obvious Lucas intended these to be an arthouse take -- /tv/-style "patrician", really -- on old pulp serials.

It's not hard to understand what he wanted. He just lucked out.
>>
>>64613089

Do it George.
>>
>>64613089
>the new movie about a young Han takes place when he was 5
>movie is about toddler Han and chewy going on rugrats esque adventures
That would be the cutest goddamn thing
>>
I wish this was true.
>>
>>64613462
Can we have a prequel where Han is just a sperm cell trying to find an egg to fertilize?
And all sorts of wacky hijinks happen along the way?
>>
>>64613089
What is wrong with his neck? Why is it like that? Is he just fat as fuck?
>>
Source.
>>
>>64613089
He means, you moron, that hes an idiot
>>
>>64613089
he clearly despises the Star Wars fan base and loves when they get upset.
>>
>>64613559
I don't blame him desu, since most of them nitpick every tiny detail into the extreme.
>>
>>64613543
old interview transcription
>>
>>64613089
Thank god Disney dumped this fuck. Lesser of two evils.

He had a few good ideas, and then tried to over-explain every single event in the universe to the worst of his ability.
>>
>the only reason Han isn't in the prequels is because he wasn't even born yet in Lucas' mind
>>
I honestly wish Lucas just tore the original trilogy to shreds and made everyone a lizard or gaseous blob somewhere along the way. Just so there was no way Episode VII would have come out.
>>
File: ep2clones_09[1].jpg (26 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
ep2clones_09[1].jpg
26 KB, 440x248
>>64613509
don't you remember his cameo?
>>
>>64613597
Sure.

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>64613089
Can't find any source for this, some anon made it up and most faggots ITT believed it.
>>
>>64613089
fake and gay
>>
>>64613784

Did I ever tell you about the tragedy of Dexter Jettster the wise?

Dexter Jettster was a 50's space diner owner so obese and so wise that he could even prevent his good friends from dying...
>>
Wasn't Han supposed to be a frog?
>>
>>64614216
Canonically.
>>
>>64614216
that's how he wrote him
>>
>I am yoda now
>>
Lucas initiating Samson option.

Must suck do have your biggest work (prequels) be made into a running joke, while people are praising a film you had no say in, which just copies the plot of ANH.
>>
>>64613305
It's how he attracts mates and makes his presence known in the jungle.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.