[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back from a screening of Anomalisa. What are your thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: anomalisa.jpg (24 KB, 523x275) Image search: [Google]
anomalisa.jpg
24 KB, 523x275
Just got back from a screening of Anomalisa.

What are your thoughts /tv/? I thought the visuals, voicing and pacing were good, but the film felt really small, if that makes sense. By the time it was done I got the message but it still left me with a feeling of "that's all?". Still was worth seeing in theaters though.
>>
File: copy.jpg (58 KB, 960x885) Image search: [Google]
copy.jpg
58 KB, 960x885
>>
Should've just been a Moral Orel movie tbqh
>>
life is a meme
i just want to scream
expressions of guilt and anxiety
>>
>that's it?

This tbqh f a m

I absolutely love Kaufman and went out of my way to see this opening day, and I felt disappointed. I guess I expected an epic like Synecdoche, New York and got more of a short film. I got the message but I kind of wanted something more.

MAYBE THAT WAS THE POINT

MY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A METAPHOR FOR HOW DISAPPOINTING MY LIFE WILL BE

BRAVO KAUFMAN
>>
I went to the Landmark screening with Kaufman and Johnson for a Q&A.

I still don't know how I feel about the film, but what I do know is that Michael is not a good person at all.

He's very narcissistic and that's apparent with the characterization of everyone having the same voice. What that says about Michael as a character is that he himself feels superior to everyone else.

The dream sequence near the end only confirms that, but the biggest point on why Michael is selfish is his treatment of Lisa.

If you watch the interactions between the two of them you can notice when Michael asks her to do the various things like speak or moan during sex, it's only for his benefit. He doesn't know that much about her, but when he learns more information about her or notices her "bad habits", she becomes like everyone else in his mind.

To Michael, Lisa is just like that Robo-Geisha he bought, singing on command and pleasuring him for his service. It's a one-sided relationship and the only reason Michael is alone is thanks to himself.
>>
>>64613296
>the only reason Michael is alone is thanks to himself

yeah that's basically it. that's the whole movie. it should've just been a 5 minute YouTube video
>>
>>64613058
>life is a meme

Oh come on, it's 2016
>>
>>64613350
but it's really obscene!
>>
I liked that it was a small and relatively simple film. It makes the weird things that happen even more potent for the viewer.
>>
If it had been the 40 minute film it was originally meant to be I would've liked it more
But yeah, I was left with a feeling of "why did he waste a feature length on something so simple?"
It was almost the opposite of Synecdoche where he was packing so much stuff into 2 hours
>>
Morel Orel movie when?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.