[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tropes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: i have made a terrible decision.png (752 KB, 954x718) Image search: [Google]
i have made a terrible decision.png
752 KB, 954x718
>gets shot in a non-lifethreatening area
>gets hospitalized and doesnt wake up for several days.
>>
>sitcom
>father is a bumbling moron
>wife and children are voice of reason.
>>
>couple kiss each other in the morning when they wake up.
>>
>Zombies show up
>Police, military, etc. never aim for the head
>>
>>64611319

>get shot in the shoulder or thigh
>they walk it off like its nothing
>>
File: 1450473133040.png (78 KB, 198x217) Image search: [Google]
1450473133040.png
78 KB, 198x217
>young adult male character doesn't spend most of his day posting on image forums
>>
File: bury me with my minerals.jpg (148 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
bury me with my minerals.jpg
148 KB, 1366x768
>>64611319
>faceless enemy dies instantly from single gunshot wound anywhere on the body, from any caliber of gun
>hero gets a chest full of lead
>"its just a flesh wound"

>modern day fight scene
>somehow everyone loses their guns
>hand to hand fighting insues, half a dozen 6ft 200lb redshirts get knocked out with single punches from 100lb soaking wet female lead
>no blood anywhere
>somehow all this is so quiet that the next room over with more bad guys doesn't hear a thing

>ancient sword fighting scene!
>nevermind that just about nobody carried swords in 1300 BCE Egypt or even 800 AD Britain, they were literally wall hangers and could cost more than a fucking farm
>sword fight is equivalent of retards swinging wildly at each others swords (instead of each other) in completely stupid fucking motions that make zero sense from even a biological standpoint
>no shields in sight
>no one fights in formation
>everyone fights one-on-one
>sword strikes go right through heavy plate or maile like it was nothing, armor is completely useless despite making you a fucking tank in reality
>sword slashes kill instantly
>except when it's the protag, then "ITS JUST A FLESH WOUND BRAH"
>>
>get bashed over the back of the head
>wakes up 5 minutes later with no injuries
>>
>>64611319
>Gets shot with 9mm
>Dies
>>
>>64611455
also every commercial set in a middle class household
>>
>protagonist having sex with love interest
>she doesn't get after him for trying to stick his finger in her anus for the 7th time after she keeps telling him to stop
>>
> shot with an arrow anywhere: instant death
> stabbed/slashed anywhere: instant death
> shot anywhere: instant death

The proliferation of go-pros in syria and iraq has really been eye opening on how wrong this is. Its kinda disgusting how long it takes people to die. Very unnerving to watch. Most of the time when I'm watching I'm thinking "fuck, just shoot this guy and put him out of his misery already"
>>
File: quit stalin rea.gif (3 MB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
quit stalin rea.gif
3 MB, 291x300
>character gets out of car
>doesnt role up the windows or lock the door
>>
>gets stabbed in stomach
"don't worry, it didn't hit anything major"
>>
>gets shot and is about to die
>blood starts dripping from their mouth
>>
>>64616299
name one movie where this even happens
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.