[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is what passes for entertainment in america?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: n9llRw8xxtAu9Bua.webm (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
n9llRw8xxtAu9Bua.webm
3 MB, 500x281
this is what passes for entertainment in america?
>>
>>64611295
Beyonce is so sexy
>>
No.
>>
File: lkjhgtg'.png (991 KB, 755x692) Image search: [Google]
lkjhgtg'.png
991 KB, 755x692
>>64611537
>>
I know you're a false-flagging American trying to stir shit up because tv in every country in Europe and Latin America has half of their airtime dedicated to stuff that makes your webm look like church
>>
>>64611649
japan too

japanese regular tv is the worst offender of them all. it's at least 3x as mindless as anywhere else.
>>
>>64611637
>Spike
So like 20 people more are watching?
>>
>>64611696
Japan tv is a lot less lewd except for their cartoons but just as vapid, yes
>>
>>64611295
Do people actually watch this instead of exploring dank memes?
>>
Those boobs flopping around are pretty entertaining
>>
>>64611714
Women are watching. Spike normally only gets woman watchers during movies.
>>
>>64611295
Channing Tatum used to be a rent boy.
>>
>>64611295
Lip Sync Battle feels so fake and fabricated.
>>
>>64611837
Really? I figured the complex, choreographed musical numbers complete with stage effects and backup dancers were spontaneous.

Of course its fucking fabricated you dumbass.
>>
>>64611295
It's a little better with sound.
>>
>>64611499
No.
>>
>>64611295
unfortunately, yes, we're simple minded fuckwits. please nuke us.
>>
>>64611837

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/04/07/lip-sync-battle-has-anne-hathaway-and-emily-blunt-aw-isnt-it-so-cuuute-when-celebrities-goof-around-ugh-enough/

>Celebrity desperation for public approval has reached its peak. The proof: Spike TV’s “Lip Sync Battle.”

>When Hathaway’s video hit the Internet on Monday, it came with with many assertions that this video would be the best thing you’ve ever seen. But for those of us who have grown awfully tired of Jimmy Fallon’s celebrity game schtick, it was just another cause to cringe. Please, make this thing stop.

>Sure, celebrities should obviously have a chance to let the public see their more casual side: It’s the way they connect with fans. But the problem with “Lip Sync Battle” is that by staging these elaborate lip-sync sets, it takes all the fun away. The best part about an impromptu karaoke challenge should be the surprise factor. But when John Krasinski strips down to a dress and Anna Kendrick brings out Jennifer Lopez to help a performance, it’s just too staged to be anything but a desperate bid for your attention and love.

>“Look! I’m cool! Like me!” is the unspoken message that we get from the latest celebrities on the show, who naturally have movies to promote (The Rock) or images to repair (Hathaway). And they’re getting rave reviews. But our first thought seeing The Rock’s routine was “Ugh, he’s just trying to get a tweet from Taylor Swift.” With 54 million followers, a Swift tweet is a very powerful thing. And of course, the pop star soon retweeted a link to his performance.
>>
>>64611649
Or a shitposting Aussie.
>>
>>64612015
> le ironically gay meme

>>64612149
Why do people hate Anne Hathaway so much?
>>
File: 1427672147155.jpg (50 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1427672147155.jpg
50 KB, 512x397
>>64612149
>ugh-enough/
>>
>>64611499
The sexiest
>>
>>64612342

u mad your lip sync show was BTFO?
>>
>tfw my normie friends watch this shit and I have to pretend to like it or they think I'm having a bad time or depressed
I seriously don't get the appeal, this and Dancing With The Star is the television equivalent of watching paint dry.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.