[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wes Anderson pitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 14344.jpg (99 KB, 1024x866) Image search: [Google]
14344.jpg
99 KB, 1024x866
I have an idea for a wes Anderson movie.

>takes place in Austria in the early 1910s
>man character is average looking artistic type male
>finds quirky girl that goes to Vienna art school
>he attempt to enter with his paintings but is continually rejected
>sees girl hanging out to sons of bankers and industrialists while he sits ouside the circle
>main themes are love and the search for artistic voice
>movie ends with the main character sitting on the steps of the Vienna art school with a friend (really quirky)
> the friend puts his hand on his shoulder and says "don't worry, Adolf. You'll find your place."
>just then a newspaper boy runs down the street saying that WWI began.

I think it would work really well with Wes's usual narrative structure and aesthetic.
>>
epic I like it
>>
what will be the roles of Bill Murray and Tilda Swinton?
>>
>>64610192
Murray plays the misanthropic Dean of admissions.
Swinton the rigid director of the painting program.
Schwartzmann plays Hitler.
>>
hitler literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>64610352
i thought this was a stupid thread but you completely sold me with jason schwartzman as a young hitler
>>
>>64610400
You're missing the point if you believe that.

The point is that the film would be a critique the Wes Anderson narrative form and his sensibilities that tend to trilialize everything down to cute dialogue and primary colors.

This is about how even one of the most hated figures in history can be treated with an innocuous and whit washed portrayal and how you really on a fundamental level are not a good person just because you don't get the girl.
>>
>>64610585
like half his movies end up with someone getting the girl tho
>>
>>64610633
The end is different though. His stories are for the guys that don't have the girl and want to think they're in the middle of the narrative and that by the end of the movie they will get the girl. It makes a virtue out of pursuing unrequited love.

Mine is a subversion so he doesn't get her. He becomes a mass murderer.
>>
>>64610077
looks like Greg Turkington
>>
This now an anvil thread
btw,I too,enjoy the films of pic related.
>>
>>64611971
I bet you enjoy the films of Francios Truffaut too.
>>
>>64612045
I liked Farren Height four fifty one. I would be a fireman in future utopia. Any movie like that where there are no knee grows is acceptable
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
51 KB, 685x567
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.