[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the world underestimate Lucas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: lucas_web_2010_a_l.jpg (61 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
lucas_web_2010_a_l.jpg
61 KB, 675x380
How did everyone, including all of you, underestimate George Lucas?

Did the world really think that simply hiring directors such as JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson, as well as passing writing duties between such amateurs, would fill the shoes of an auteur like George Lucas?

Regardless of your opinion, Lucas was indeed an auteur, and perhaps the most important one in the last few decades, however misfortunate some may find that.

Remember that this man's peers and close friends have names like Coppola, Spielberg, Scorsese, Zemeckis, De Palma....and you pass on his legacy to whichever hack happens to land the job next.

Anyone who's basically not ignorant can see that Stars Wars is done now, or at least that the Force Awakens is a farce and terrible start to what hopefully might be an OK era of new, Disney-made Star Wars. The shit writing has already done permanent damage, but that's a story for another day.

The only way for Star Wars to be good again is to use the old and traditional filmmaking formulas seen throughout Episodes I-VI and in Lucas' generation of Directors, or auteurs. In other words, hire people who are actually talented to write and direct to fix this mess left behind by JJ.
>>
File: anakindark.png (869 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
anakindark.png
869 KB, 1440x900
RIP Star Wars
>>
File: 3POskyline.png (701 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
3POskyline.png
701 KB, 1440x900
You were a grand Space Opera
>>
7 films and Spielberg still hasn't tackled one. They should give him 8 or 9.
>>
>>64609301
>>64609373
coruscant was amazing
>>
>>64609813

Maybe he can have the scrubs who are next in line killed.
>>
>>64609373
Anon, you're breaking my heart!
>>
Love this meme
>>
>>64609171
christ

look at all those jews
>>
File: shieldshall.png (893 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
shieldshall.png
893 KB, 1440x900
Like no other
>>
>>64609373
For you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.