[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did J.J. give them smiles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1452150538681.png (619 KB, 952x534) Image search: [Google]
1452150538681.png
619 KB, 952x534
Why did J.J. give them smiles?
>>
>>64608092
to differentiate themselves from the empire, it shows they are a happy army of volunteers. it also raises moral if everyone looks happy
>>
Service with a Smile
>>
More importantly. If that armor does literally nothing to shield from a blaster, what the fuck is the point of it?
>>
gotta represent, yo
>>
Honestly, JJ ruined stormtroopers forever. Now they are literal memes.
>>
>>64608092
Now I can't unsee it.
Thanks a lot, asshole!
>>
>>64608414
The only time they haven't been memes is in the intro to Empire
>>
>>64608457
You mean A New Hope.
>>
>>64608414
>Honestly, JJ ruined stormtroopers forever. Now they are literal memes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_LFI8CBW4
>The
meme is dead.
>>
>>64608414
In ANH there were troopers chatting about the latest T-16. They've really never been all that serious when they've had lines.
>>
File: better.jpg (131 KB, 800x645) Image search: [Google]
better.jpg
131 KB, 800x645
>>64608092

uh no they're crying
>>
>you are now remembering the first TFA trailer that showed the Storm Troopers amping up to do something kick ass

>you are remembering how good that big sweeping riff of the main John Williams theme felt as the Millenium falcon swept past the screen

>you are realizing that it was all a fat, blatant lie to make you watch some adolescent mary sue shit all over everything that was established to be cool about star wars
>>
:3
>>
>>64608092
I really hate these outfits. the original storm trooper armor was neat because it seemed like it had a function. it was for soldiers who fought in spaceships. it had controls and air connections, it seemed real and purposeful. sure it didn't protect them from weapons, but that could be excused because of the genre. this new stuff is just a pale imitation that has no purpose whatsoever and looks like shit. they have a little flashlight on their face for no reason. it doesn't look sealed in the slightest. the shape makes no sense and looks stupid because it mimics the original's form without any reason since it lacks the connections. It was supposed to be a space helmet. no one would actually design a helmet like that for any other reason.
>>
>>64608636
I think you ended up watching Episode 1 by accident tbqh Dan.
>>
>>64608636

i hated that falcon tracking shot
>>
>>64608092
To resemble the Guy Fawkes mask. Millennials love it because they love "ANONYMOOOSE", so they kept that in mind when designing their helmets.

I'm not even joking. You heard it here first.
>>
File: ugly shits.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ugly shits.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>>64608092

Disney designed them, not Abrams
>>
>>64608724
Autism everybody.
>>
>>64608414
MEMETROOPERS!
>>
File: 2016-Toyota-Prius-Redesign.jpg (80 KB, 1920x1039) Image search: [Google]
2016-Toyota-Prius-Redesign.jpg
80 KB, 1920x1039
I really hate these cars. the original car was neat because it seemed like it had a function. it was for drivers who drove in roads. it had spokes and gear connections, it seemed real and purposeful. sure it didn't protect them from weapons, but that could be excused because of the genre. this new stuff is just a pale imitation that has no purpose whatsoever and looks like shit. they have a little flashlight on their face for no reason. it doesn't look sealed in the slightest. the shape makes no sense and looks stupid because it mimics the original's form without any reason since it lacks the connections. It was supposed to be a road vehicle. no one would actually design a vehicle like that for any other reason.
>>
>>64608724
Exactly this.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.