[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ was a mistake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20
File: mKIafm1.jpg (296 KB, 950x1300) Image search: [Google]
mKIafm1.jpg
296 KB, 950x1300
>be you
>in the basement
>The Force Awakens is nearing its release
>you're at home
>you ask your mom if she can buy you a ticket
>she tells you to fuck off
>you hop on 4chan
>start shitposting that whoever sees the film is "LITERALLY reddit" and will get shot in the theater
>Friday rolls around
>people start raving about the film
>"w-whatever"
>start shitposting about the movie as if you saw it nonetheless
>while at the same time constantly refreshing torrent sites to see if a camrip is up
>it's finally up
>you let out a giggle in excitement
>watch the movie in blurry shit quality
>you're entertained for the most part
>go on /tv/
>start shitposting because you suffer from an inferiorty complex so you need to constantly prove that you're different from the herd
>you start making George Lucas appreciation threads
>you think youre fighting the good fight
>but you just look like a fool
>a damn fool
>nonetheless you take on this badge of contranian ism
>start defending lines like "FROM MY POINT OF VIEW"
>this is your life now
>this is what you are

Look, The Force Awakens was a solid entertaining film and it did what it set out to do: reinvigorate Star Wars.
>>
>>64604880
You're correct
/thread
>>
agreed.
>>
Hello Disney shill
>>
>be me
>have low expectations for the new Star Wars movie
>go see it the day after release
>enjoy it
>start analysing it
>notice some flaws
>whatever
>go see it for the 2nd time a week later
>flaws become more apparent and detract from the experience
>analyse it more
>flaws keep piling on
>watch a cam rip
>come to the conclusion that it's an awful movie that conned me into thinking it's entertaining through nostalgia baiting
FTFY
>>
>>64605486
List those flaws and I'll refute each one and expose you as a pretentious contranian fraud.
>>
>>64605486
/thread
>>
>>64604880
Mods need to sticky this shit
>>
>>64605486
>be /tv/
>leave house
>spend $20
>leave house again
>spend $20 again
You're a liar and a terrible person.
>>
>>64604880
does anyone know where to find the force awakens online?
>>
>>64605685
lol
>>
>>64605537
>pace feels way too rushed, no exposition, movie has no time to breathe and let you think because it has to rush to another action scene
>plot ripped off from ANH with tiny bits of ESB and RotJ
>setting and context of the plot completely unexplained
>main character has a boring personality, is good at everything she tries to do and everyone instantly likes her (and if they don't, they're villains)
>new characters are crap (Kylo is the most compelling one and that says a lot, Finn feels like a potentially good character wasted on comic relief, Poe is one dimensional and barely has any screen time, Hux is generic Nazi general v58.0, Snoke is generic big bad guy v176.0)
>constant, hamfisted nostalgia baiting (although Harrison Ford, the biggest nostalgia bait in the movie, might be the best thing about the movie)
>humour often feels out of place that clashes with movie/scene tone and takes you out of the movie
>>
>>64605486
pretty much this
>>
>>64605862
PREQUELFAGS, everyone.
>>
>>64605854
pls ive been searching far and wide i just need some help
>>
>>64606157
>TFA is good because prequels were bad
TFAggots, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>64605486
Disney doesnt care whether you liked it or not or your analysis of its flaws. You gave them $40 to see a "flawed" movie twice. Disney did its job well,
>>
>>64605537
not him but
>shit cinematography
>Why hire Max Von Sydow when he's gonna die in the first five minutes?
>Actors had no charisma outside of Poe
>shitty quippy marvel movie dialogue
>Poe doesn't even interact with Rey at all for the entire movie
>Storm trooper weapons look like shit
>No exposition explaining what the fuck the relationship between the Resistance and the New Republic is.
>Rey is a mary sue, It would have been much better if she'd failed at the Jedi mind trick and had to be rescued.
>literally another fucking death star. People even though it was contrived in RotJ
>Snoke looks like a cartoon
>Maz looks fake as shit.
>The entire "tell that to Kanjiklub"/ Rathtars part. The smugglers didn't even look like they belonged in a Star Wars movie
>No explanation as to how Poe got off of Jakku.
>After Poe got off of Jakku it seems that he just abandoned his mission.
>Domnhall Gleeson overacting scene
>Adam Driver looks goofy and it's hard to take him seriously as a villain.
>If force interrogation exists why didn't Vader use it on Leia during ANH?
>If force freeze exists why didn't Vader or Sheev ever use it?
>Since when do human understand droid beeps? in the OT C-3PO was the only one who understood R2.
>Han Solo dying when he probably shouldn't even have been in the movie at all.
>The awkward as fuck ending scene where Rey just has the her arm outstretched with his lightsaber like she just expects him to walk over there to her to get it. And then luke making mysterious faces at her instead of either of them saying anything. Plus the terrible copter shot.
>>
>>64604880
K reddit
>>
>>64604880
sup reddit
>>
>>64604880
It was average and very flawed. Still leagues ahead of the prequels.
>>
>>64604880
>>64605486
>>64605862
>>64606331
BON APPETITE REDDIT!
>>
>>64605486
>start analysing it
>notice some flaws
>whatever
>go see it for the 2nd time a week later
>flaws become more apparent and detract from the experience

this happened to me
>>
>>64606470
>>64606157
>i'll refute them
>>
>>64606470
Redditing this hard.
>>
File: 1451399678887.jpg (78 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1451399678887.jpg
78 KB, 600x709
>>64604880
Are you retarded? I watched the film day 1 and it's shit.

it makes no sense the potato adores vader, luke definitely told him he was actually a good guy and even beacme a force ghost. they fucking burnt his corpse because he was a good guy, everyone knew it at this point.

he has absolutely no motivations and reasons to join the dark side so far and it's doubtful this will change. meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side.

it makes no sense rey is suddenly this good. 30 minutes earlier ren easily wrecked her. then he can't beat her anymore and she goes from not knowing what the force is to as strong as Luke in VI.

it's makes no sense how deformed vader's helmet is. wood fire doesn't do this.

it's retarded ren freezes plasma shots. they are supposed to be deflected with the sword, this was lucas' vision. if jedi can easily freeze them, there is no reason for not just using regular bullets which are faster and more leathal anyway. now the only reason would be "but plasma looks cooler" which of course is a terrible reason from a world building perspective.

killing off the only charismatic actor.
>>
That lightsaber though, lmao
>>
File: 0451057467092.jpg (338 KB, 1902x787) Image search: [Google]
0451057467092.jpg
338 KB, 1902x787
>>64604880
>>64604932
>>64605172
Millenians at it again.
>>
>>64604880
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
>>64606605
>>64606331
>>64605862

Is this satire? These posts seem legitimately written by a person under 10 years of age.
>>
>be you
>be Disney shill
>enjoy callous coke-bloated lifestyle of raping children and pouring scalding hot water on homeless people
>new movie's coming up, do you jobs you fucking queers
>bitter because you have to work for once in your life
>i-its good right?
>people see it, realize it's shit
>YOURAFUCKINGFAGGOTVIRGINASSWIPEWHONEVERLEAVESHISMOMSBASEMENTDONTBREED!
>despite all of this more people waking up
>fuck the programming of Walt's witchcraft is wearing off
>rape more children
>HAHAHAHAITSOVERAVATARFAGGOTNEWNUMBERSINYOURFINISHED!
>despite all this the freedom fighters begin to push against you
>fuck fuck fuck
>buy out mods and janitors, instantly delete any thread that isn't star wars or shits on the new film
>haha we star wars now BITCH!
>pat yourself on the back because you thought that quip was witty
>get in heated debates with people who actually watch movies and know where they're talking about
>YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING VIRGIN TURD! DADDY DIDN'T BEAT YOU ENOUGH LOSER!
>piece of shit rolls out of your trousers
>it's fine, I live in my own filth anyway

This is all you are and ever hope to become. No one loves, no one wants you and any praise or positive things said about you are sarcastic. But at least you have your meme movie, right?
>>
>>64606697
Hah
All me btw
>>
TFA was the most unimmersive film i have ever watched. After the 30 minute mark i did not feel, for a single second, that i was watching an actual story unfold but rather that i was watching something along the lines of the star wars christmas special.
>>
>>64606724
/thread
>>
>>64606697
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64606735
lol. ok I'm done.
>>
>>64604880
You are completely right.
>>
>>64606735
Literally the worst opinion I've ever read in my life.
>>
>>64606872
classy cop out reddit
>>
>>64606643
>look mom, i posted it again!
>>
>>64606960
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64606922
Good thing it wasnt figuratively
>>
If this movie is bad then so is the OT. There's no way you can have hated this while liking the OT without being a virgin neckbeard contrarian loser. Any slight advantages the OT may have over this movie are more than compensated for by the fact that TFA wasn't made in the 70s or 80s, and thus doesn't have that constant, pervasive element of unintentional comedy brought on by dated effects and terrible 80s acting.
>>
>>64607138
Allow me to put this in terms your pea brain can understand.
Imagine being served a nice italian pasta, complete with all of the bells and whistles, this is the originals.
Now imagine a week later I serve you a plate of shit while trying to convince you that it's just as good, or even better than the pasta you had last time.
No amount of marketing or internet headlocks is going to convince people that a plate of shit is preferable to a nice meal.
>>
>>64607138
>virgin neckbeard contrarian loser

That's 4 buzzwords in a row, congratz
>>
File: 1452036674585.jpg (138 KB, 1023x745) Image search: [Google]
1452036674585.jpg
138 KB, 1023x745
>>64606724
Look how mad you've become.
>>
>>64607260
No, the originals and TFA are the same.
If you dislike TFA, you also dislike OT.
>>
>>64607346
this statement makes my brain hurt
>>
>>64604880
This is the greatest thread I have seen in awhile.

Well played, OP.

>Today OP was not a faggot.jpg
>>
>>64607281

Those aren't buzzwords, and they're all used accurately.

>You haven't had sex
>Provided you can even grow facial hair, you do a shitty job of grooming it because you're an unhygienic shut-in
>You are a contrarian; you form all of your opinions around what you perceive to be contrary to what is popular or common because you're insecure, stupid, and childish
>You are a unlikable loser with no friends, no accomplishments, and no redeeming qualities at all

This describes all OT fan virgins.

>>64607260

The originals aren't good at all though. They're exclusively enjoyed by fat fucking retarded losers. You're a subhuman with an IQ which is half mine at best.

>pea brain

hilarious.
>>
>>64607346
>the originals and TFA are the same.
With the exception of the OT having a better plot, characters, humour, pace and dialogue
>>
>>64607389
ROFLMAO XD
>>
>>64607402
All this tame wasted on a shitpost
>>
>>64607402
You're so brilliant yet you waste your time defending manchild movies on a kid's website.
Fucking pathetic dude.
>>
>>64607409
the humor and dialogue from the OT is cheesy and dated. I still love them but it shows its age. "I'd rather kiss a wookie" "scruffy looking nerfherder" "le gay robot acting silly" it's no different than TFA. which still has most of the same characters and humour anyway. they could have really fucked up star wars but they didn't.
>>
>>64607455

>I type at 5 WPM, therefore everyone else does

I understand your confusion. It probably takes me around 30 seconds to make a post that takes you up to 10 minutes. Since you're a fan of the Star Wars OT it's all but guaranteed that you have the typing speed of a monkey.
>>
>>64606724
make love to me anon
>>
>>64607383
Awwww, that's because you don't use it very often.
>>
>>64607557

I'm not really defending a movie, I'm attacking worthless pieces of garbage. It just so happens that the least intelligent, worst people on 4chan at the moment (after /pol/, which is the unspoken default) are those who whine about TFA. If insulting you and breaking the hugbox-induced illusion that you're humans with worthwhile opinions involves "defending" a space fantasy movie, then that's fine.
>>
>>64607597
pls stop hurting my feeelings :(
>>
>>64607681
>shitting on /pol/

Doesn't get anymore reddit than that.
>>
reminder that whether you liked the movie or not you won't change the opinions of those who feel differently from you

reminder that your like or dislike of the film does not matter to anyone else but you

reminder that arguing about it is trivial because of this
>>
>>64607742
hello reddit!
>>
>>64607681
nah, you're defending TFA lol
>>
>>64607767
>communication between humans is futile

maybe here, but that's because of the art of the shitpost
>>
>>64607681

>spending all this time defending a cheap, generic sci fi rehash
>"I'm not defending it"

you may actually be being paid to defend it lol
>>
>>64607836
>le paid shill meme
>>
>>64607874
>meme

Confirmed for being a paid shill
>>
>>64607742

Regardless of political alignment, /pol/ is nothing but pathologically deluded inbreds with the reasoning skills of young children and the self-awareness of lesser mammals. Even if you're a conservative, identifying with /pol/ means you're far too dumb to be considered part of the species.
>>
>>64607836
>cheap
confirmed for camrip nigger. it looked great.
>>
>>64607922
wrong anon tinfoil
>>
>>64607938

go back to reddit
>>
>>64607957

It's cheap because it had no substance

walls made of gilded drywall
>>
>>64607965
Whatever you say, shill
>>
>>64607922

People use the term "paid shill" without evidence as a cheap way of defending and denying their contrarianism. It's a really obvious case of cognitive dissonance.

>popular movie also got great reviews?
>paid shill paid shill paid shill
>>
>>64608009
>everyone who disagrees with me is a paid shill
stay delusional
>>
>>64607995
honestly, did you pay to watch it or did you watch a camrip?
>>
This world is a mistake, I replied.
>>
>>64608012
People use the term "contrarian" without evidence as a cheap way of defending and denying their groupthink mentality. It's a really obvious case of cognitive dissonance

>popular movie isn't very good?
>contrarian contrarian contrarian
>>
>>64604880
This, ignore the tards.
>>
File: finnkyloren-158621.png (281 KB, 655x315) Image search: [Google]
finnkyloren-158621.png
281 KB, 655x315
>>64604880
Anyone else disappointed by the Kylo & Finn fight? I liked the arc of their rivalry better. The stare he gives Finn at the Jakku Village, the stare they give each other after he kills Han. This trilogy should be about them.
>>
>>64608193
>Dark lord (can't say sith) should give a fuck about some rank and file soldier

'no'
>>
>>64608273
Finn is obviously force-sensitive.
>>
>>64608103

>/pol/ shill makes objectively wrong statement to contest objectively correct statement

I can't even imagine what sort of ugly, deformed trailer park whores give birth to you people. Every single containment boarder... no exception. You are the least intelligent people alive.
>>
I can't say it was worse than the prequels.
I kinda liked it, but my biggest complaint is that it's more like a reboot of ANH taking a few aspects from ESB

>big guy wearing mask and black clothes
>starts of with First Order(literally Empire with different name) massacring alot of people and capturing some person for interrogation
>Droid recieves important information and runs off IN A DESERT
>escape from First Order with Millennium Falcon
>tractor beamed into spooky vessel
>meets up with old friendly man they've never seen before
>small disputes between main characters and criminals
>apparently old friendly man has close relations to big dark guy
>father-son complex, except the dark side is inverted
>DEATH STAR 2.0: Electric boogaloo
>destroying important planets we see for like a few seconds in the movie
>big dark guy is actually an apprentice of spooky looking guy, who tricked him into the dark side
>mission by Rebels to destroy Death Star(can't remember its name)
>old friendly man is kill
>by big dark guy being his son, and falls down bottomless pit
>Death Star is destroyed
>the end
These parallels are undeniable.
I wish they had been more creative.
Hopefully the next will be more unique
>>
>>64608395
Well he's going to be a lot less force sensitive without his spine
>>
>>64608063

I watched it in a theater.
>>
File: 1338215717491.jpg (74 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1338215717491.jpg
74 KB, 480x480
>>64605862
Not promised "refuter" but:
>subjective. disagree. had there been more exposition, you'd likely be complaining about that.
>i've been hearing this, but i haven't watched the original trilogy in years. i do know that people are butthurt that ep VII was simultaneously too similar and not similar enough to the OT.
>opening crawl? plus why do you want exactly where in the story we're oriented spoonfed to you?
>subjective. she didn't bother me, and i can't understand why her being good at stuff is a vital character flaw (or rather, a lack of a flaw that ends up being an even bigger flaw?)
>subjective. I liked Finn and I didn't expect a ton of depth from Poe's character anyhow. Nazi imagery with Hux heavyhanded, but Snoke seems pretty original
>I wouldn't say constant but what the fuck did you expect? including elements from earlier works isn't ALL nostalgia baiting. it's a star wars movie. there was bound to be star wars shit in it.
>disagree 100% about the humor. thought it was sparse and clever enough to be tasteful while not trying not to be completely hammy, if that makes sense.

Let me note that I am not a biased Star Wars fanboy. Haven't seen any others in forever, saw TFA, liked it. Every "flaw" you found with the movie is either a product only of individual bias or unreasonable expectations, namely your seeming expectation that a fucking Disney cash-in be a flawless work of art. For what it is, thought this movie was entertaining. But I went in expecting a space opera/action/pseudo family flick, not high art.
>>
>>64608437
Based Rian Johnson will save us.
>>
>go see TFA with girlfriend that pretends to like Star Wars
>she loved it
>I thought it was mediocre
>>
>>64607389
>>64604880
>>64608116
>>64606892
>>64606922
>>64605575
Now this is shitposting!
>>
>>64604880
what's the artists name? really looks like the guy who draws for the black dahlia murder
>>
>>64608555
>i've been hearing this, but i haven't watched the original trilogy in years. i do know that people are butthurt that ep VII was simultaneously too similar and not similar enough to the OT.
There is no refutation here, I'm complaining about the plot being too similar to ANH with the finale being literally copy pasted (we must destroy the Death Star before it fires at a Rebel base) and you're """refuting""" it by saying "well, some people complain about a different thing"

>opening crawl? plus why do you want exactly where in the story we're oriented spoonfed to you?
We know nothing about the New Republic, we have no reason to care about the New Republic and we know nothing about why the First Order seem to be the most powerful force in the Galaxy after losing the war

>subjective. she didn't bother me, and i can't understand why her being good at stuff is a vital character flaw (or rather, a lack of a flaw that ends up being an even bigger flaw?)
Because having a character who knows everything, is good at everything and is liked by everybody is unrealistic and takes a lot of tension out of the movie while cheapening her character arc. We're not satisfied with her progression because she never struggles with anything and her overcoming every adversity in a matter of seconds gets boring after a while. Writing a character without flaws is objectively bad writing.

>I wouldn't say constant but what the fuck did you expect? including elements from earlier works isn't ALL nostalgia baiting. it's a star wars movie. there was bound to be star wars shit in it.
It's literally everywhere, from reusing old plot devices, to reusing old characters, reusing old models, reusing random items (rebellion helmet, rebel pilot doll, Falcon chess, Luke's training ball) to referencing OT's dialogue (OMG UR HAN SOLO AND THE SHIP MADE THE KESSEL RUN IN 14 PARSECS! GET IT? JUST LIKE THE OT XD)
>>
>>64609195
It's an official IMAX poster.
>>
7/10. Better than the prequels, not as good as the OT, and exactly what anyone intelligent should've expected.
>>
>>64604880
It set out to make money and nothing else. If you think Disney gives half a shit about 'reinvigorating Star Wars' then you're an idiot. They didn't make it look like the OT because of respect, it was because it's what all the fans wanted, and what they would hand over dollarydo's to see.
>>
>>64609197
It's not just the finale that is copy pasted
See
>>64608437
>>
>>64609321

> not as good as the OT

It's better than the OT without nostalgia goggles. You're a moron.
>>
>>64609197
I thought it was 12 persecs. Must re-watch A New Hope, I guess.
>>
>>64609443
It's 12 parsecs (and .5 past lightspeed), but by all means do rewatch the OT
>>
File: Ganjaklub.png (2 MB, 1440x851) Image search: [Google]
Ganjaklub.png
2 MB, 1440x851
>>
>>64605172
>>64604932
>>64604880

17 years old
>>
>>64609340
Oh, please. Disney doesn't care any more or less about money than Fox does.
Of course they're cash machines, but who they hire decides how much love goes into it.
J.J. made the movie as a love-letter to the OT.

Note the distinct lack of any new starships (besides the redesigns of the X-Wing and TIE Fighters). If all the film-makers cared about was the cash, they would've included the Y-Wings, the A-Wings. Hell, probably even invent the I-Wing and the J-Wing for the movie, too.

The studio let J.J and Kennedy do it their way, and then just relied on the Star Wars brand to rake in the cash for them.

>>64609411
Try and formulate an argument without using lazy terms like "contrarian", "nostalgia goggles" or "pleb", and then we'll talk.
>>
>>64609443
It was 12 but Rey gets it wrong and says 14 in TFA
>>
File: f42.png (33 KB, 448x452) Image search: [Google]
f42.png
33 KB, 448x452
>>64609625
>>
>>64604880
I watched it in 3D in a theater and though it was complete shit, reheated ANH faggotry cuck Emo Ren was pathetic just like you don't forget to buy more Star Wars toy you manchildren sick fuck the story was literally Luke being a faggot hiding on a rock and Mary Sue saved him lol this movie is fogotten in 3 weeks by now wether you like or not bye tasteless mangina
>>
>>64604880

And you just took the time to make all that you little insecure dweeb.

Most of the people here are normalfags, they're sick of Force Awakens being shoved down their throat. I think for a lot of people, they saw the movie and thought it was okay, but this overexposure and hype turned them off to it OR, they had a repeat viewing and noticed it wasn't as great as they thought.

See,
>>64605486

The movie does put a different perspective on not only the Prequels, but the Original Trilogy as well. I wasn't the biggest fan of the prequels, but seeing the Force Awakens made me come around to them.

Some things need balance. Only a matter of time before Force Awakens is pulled threw the dirt. Once the next shiny toy comes around and the hype comes in full force, even the people that proclaim to "LOVE" this movie and shout to the heavens that it's "teh best movie evar" will shit on it to put something else on a pedestal. My prediction will be another Star Wars movie or some kind of capeshit. You should check out the /tv/ 1980s thread. There are topics from the 1980s and 1990s that are just like what we're experiencing now for all these fucking blockbusters. It's all in cycles, it's a real eye opener.

Your mistake here is that you're lumping in everyone together as a "hater" and "contrarian" when you yourself is blinded by your love and hype for this thing. Both sides are trying to convince the other that there's something wrong with them and that they're "wrong", when in reality, they're just fucking opinions about another shitty movie made to sell toys.
>>
>>64609729
Why the fuck is it bait? Do you honestly believe that Disney is x greedier than any other studio?
They're fucking studios, they're all the same.
>>
>>64609788
>If all the film-makers cared about was the cash, they would've included the Y-Wings, the A-Wings [blabla]

Are you actually trying to pass JJ showing no space battles, no new ships except the shitty (understatement) landing barges and TIEs/Xwings with new paint jobs as integrity from Hackbrams?
>>
>>64609877
No, I'm simply saying that if the film had literally no reason other than to make money, it would've been crammed full of even more Toy-selling crap than we got.

TFA wasn't a great movie, and Abrams is not a great director, but he's not a hack. He cares about what he does.
>>
File: 4745813-1580223503-chris.jpg (21 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
4745813-1580223503-chris.jpg
21 KB, 360x360
>>64609965
>he cares about what he does
>which is why the world he's describing devolved in 30 years
>>
>>64604880
AGREED OP BUT YOU'RE STILL A FAGGOT
>>
>>64609742
>cuck
Stopped reading right there. Your mind is literally poisoned with /tv/ memes.
>>
>>64610076
>which is why the world he's describing devolved in 30 years
...sorry, what?
>>
>>64610328
In 20 years between the prequels and OT, they went from having precursor TIEs, X-wings, Star destroyers to the actual ships

In the span of the OT they went from having simply X-wings, Y-wings, TIEs (with that one advanced TIE) and SD to interceptors, bombers, SSD, the Executor, transport ships, medical frigates, mon calamari cruisers, B-Wings, A-Wings

In the next 30 years then went back to repainted X-wings and biplace TIEs

Starships and starship battles is one of the core concepts of Star Wars, how the fuck is being the blandest, flavorless possible a good thing?
>>
>>64610669
Sure... and that's fine, and part of the reason why I'm not a big fan of the movie.
It's literally the exact opposite of a hack cash grab, though.
>>
>>64604880
You are getting better at this whole shill thing. I hope they give you a raise.
>>
>>64610843
English isn't my first language so bear with me

I still think this is a cash grab, but they didn't include all those ships that we would have loved to see simply because the general public (ie the filthy normies) simply don't know about them

Ask any normal people what he knows about the Original Trilogy, he'll tell you Tie fighters that make WOOOOO noise, X-wings with the funny wings, Star Destroyers that look menacing, the millenium falcon, stormtroopers that can't aim lol, lightsabers and the death star, maaaybe ATATs and snowspeeders with their funny cables

And guess what, that's about what we see in the new movie
>>
>>64611111
Nice quints.
I agree with everything you're saying except that I think that JJ is one of those normies who isn't very talented and just wants the things he loved in the OT.
You seem to think he is some sleazy second-hand car salesman. That's all we disagree on.
>>
>>64611161
Yeah I don't have any faith in Disney or their employees anymore

To me they're the EA of movies

Also those pieces of shit cancelled Battlefront 3 only to give us the abortion of a game made by Dice
>>
>>64610323
if you don't like memes why are you even here?
does your son's wife forces you to come here
>>
File: abrams-trek-wars.jpg (44 KB, 656x357) Image search: [Google]
abrams-trek-wars.jpg
44 KB, 656x357
>>64611229
>>
>>64604880
STICKY WHEN?
>>
>>64611517
Starkiller should be renomed StarWarsKiller

If some small faction hiding in the unknown territories can build a weapon that can destroy entire star systems from the other side of the galaxy, where does the story go from here? They've written themselves into a corner and the only way to get out of it is to either explain that for some bullshit reason the starkiller uses a rare type of mcguffin only found on 1 planet in the entire galaxy (unknown regions included lol), or conveniently forget everything about this whole ordeal and never mention it again
>>
File: officially_over_star_cucks.jpg (737 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
officially_over_star_cucks.jpg
737 KB, 2688x1520
Star Wars a shit.
>>
>>64609321
The simplest correct analysis right here.
>>
>>64605685
THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS
>>
>>64609321
>intelligent people should have expected black and female lead
k reddit
>>
>>64612141
I don't actually think you need to be intelligent to deduce that from the trailers.
Are you a bit of a special person?
>>
>>64611801
wow that's pretty embarrassing
>>
>>64612173
get used to it ;)
>>
>>64607260
You had pasta twice you dumb virgin imbecile
>>
>>64612702
>dumb virgin imbecile
That's some top mad.
Go punch a hole in the wall and then rape mother, autist.
>>
>>64612702
>star cuck baby mad

Sounds like someone needs a diaper change.
>>
>>64612758
You sound hurt. Sorry if I was too hard with you, I should not have laughed at the fact you are not very smart and ignored by females :(
>>
>>64612825
Nice projection there turbo loser.
I'm not the one butthurt over a fucking CHILDREN'S MOVIE.
Go hang yourself already, you're a week late.
>>
It was a boring, forgettable movie.
>>
>>64612702
go back to school moron
>>
>>64612881
You do sound pretty butthurt though
>>
>>64612918
Wipe your ass homofuck.
>>
File: SAVAGE.jpg (137 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
SAVAGE.jpg
137 KB, 800x432
>>64605486
People are waking up bro. Don't worry.

Metacritic user score dropped to 6.9 from 8.9 in 3 weeks.

DISNEY BTFO
>>
>>
>>64612943
>people criticize TDKR for years; calling it terrible despite high RT score
>user score remains 8.4 on Metacritic

>people start to criticize TFA despite high RT score
>user score down to 6.9 after a few weeks (this WITH the massive influx of shill reviews from Disney)

Yeah, this movie is gonna be seen as terrible in a year and all the critics who gave it raves will start to lose credibility.

I can't wait for the Honest Trailer of it where ScreenJunkies acts like it was a good movie (i.e. check its HT videos for Guardians of the Galaxy and Capt. America:TWS), and they prove once and for all that they have always been nothing but overrated Disney shills.
>>
File: kylo wants to be free.gif (2 MB, 268x149) Image search: [Google]
kylo wants to be free.gif
2 MB, 268x149
>>64604880
L O L @ Disney replacing Kylo's mask and hood in this scene to hide Adam Driver's ugly ass face
>>
>>64612943
>phoned in performance by Ford
I guess someone hasn't seen the last Indiana Jones.
>>
File: beautiful happy couple.jpg (741 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
beautiful happy couple.jpg
741 KB, 2040x1360
anyone else get laid cause of this movie?

I'm black, my girlfriend is Irish. took her to see star wars, she loved it despite never seeing a single star wars movie, we made fun of kylo a lot. night ended up with sex multiple times. she said she wants to watch the original trilogy with me now.

feels fantastic man
>>
>>64613596
Wew I expected to see Saoirse with a nigger

I'm relieved
>>
>>64604880
>a solid entertaining film
that's why i don't like it. I dont' watch movies so i can go brain dead and enjoy a couple hours of mild entertainment. I have much better ways of entertaining myself. If i watch a movie, i want it to be profound in some way. I want it to introduce to me concepts i haven't been exposed to through books, poetry or my peers.
being a piece of consumer trite is not what i want in a movie, and so i didn't like it.
>>
So many god damn redditors in this awful thread

>saw it opening night
>thought it was an ok action flick nothing amazing
>check /tv/
>cumming over ever scene posting traitor everywhere
>realize this movie has spawned awful reddit tier memes
>contemplate suicide
>>
>>64606331
>>Since when do human understand droid beeps?
Since always?
>>
>>64613596
Yeah I took this my gay lover to this movie. We didn't really give a shit about this movie since it's for virgin turds.
The whole time were shouting out memes and giving each other blowjobs.
10/10 movie even though I don't know what it's about.
>>
>>64613596
>>64613901
i guess love really does win
>>
File: Onion_on_White.jpg (3 MB, 2793x2793) Image search: [Google]
Onion_on_White.jpg
3 MB, 2793x2793
>>64613941
Daisy looks like an onion
>>
>>64613718
Wow if peoples posts on tv can cause you to anhero what the fuck is stopping you?
>>
>>64604880

I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
>>64613596
nice my nigga
>>
>>64605685

You are asking for a flagrant, solicited violation of US patent law. This will
not be a case of harmlessly or unknowingly posting material to the net. There
is no legal question here except that of exactly which crimes the prosecutor
will choose to charge you with. So far, the only one that I am aware of is
solicitation of an illegal act. Anyone who assists you will be an accomplice
at best.

hawk
>>
File: 08e.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
08e.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>64614011
Onions have layers. She is not an onion.
>>
TFA is the first and only Star Wars movie I've ever seen.

It was mediocre. It was cringey AF.

>*beep beep boop*
>What's that Lassie? Timmy well down the well?

>It's like the Death Star...but bigger!

>Bigger Death Star blows up for no reason.

Fuck this movie. Fuck this series. Take off your Dad's old nostalgia goggle and see this shit for what it really is: BAZANGA-core bullshit.
>>
>>64613700
>tips fedora and heelies away
>>
File: 1452166993119.jpg (40 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
1452166993119.jpg
40 KB, 700x479
>>64604880
>Be James Cameron
>Be a literal god of cinema
>See The Shit Awakens
>It's shit
>tfw Disney shits thought they'll even touch Avatar at the box office
>tfw i have to carry the industry forward yet again
>>
>>64617690
Thank you,based James
>>
>>64613475
Not even joking I think Disney literally hired people to schill up metacritic. Like a week ago ALL the helpful reviews for the first 2-3 pages were red, now most of them are 10s
>>
>>64617838
>autists on the internet deliberately flood a movie with negative reviews because they're mad it's popular
>get mad that Disney may have done the opposite to make up for the unfair bad publicity

wow literally worse than Hitler
>>
>>64617873
>people not liking a bad movie is unfair bad publicity
Disney shill pls go
>>
Am I the only one who saw the movie multiple times, noticed all the flaws, and still thought the movie was good?

A movie can't "con" you into thinking it's good. It may not hold up very well on repeat viewings and your opinion of it may change over time, but it can't trick you into thinking you enjoyed it when you really didn't. If you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it. The movie didn't warp your mind into liking things that you actually don't. Anyone who thinks that is fucking retarded.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.