[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Constantine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: PhotoGrid_1452214486334.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1452214486334.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1920
Who was the better John Constantine, in your opinion?

Which was better with plot and characters, the show or the film?

Obviously Hellblazer comics were the best, but let's keep this to the screen.
>>
>reading comics
>any year
>>
>>64604061
Keanu. Shame the movie was such a mess.
Granted, not as much a mess as the tv show.
>>
Keanu is always shit and I don't understand how people like him

That said, the movie was better except for a few concepts changed. Matt Ryan in the movie plot and tone would be GOAT
>>
>>64604259
I feel like both actors did a different version of the character really well. Both were Constantine in different ways.

But I do agree neither series could write worth a fuck.

Why was this?
>>
>>64604061
The moment in the ending where he switches from cigs to gum in the movie is one of the worst things I've ever seen and an insult to the original character.
>>
The movie was GOAT but thanks to autistic basementdweller comicbook faggots we never got a sequel
>>
>>64604432
Also casting shia labeef as chas.
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Was the dude who played in the show at least British?
>>
File: zed.webm (3 MB, 712x398) Image search: [Google]
zed.webm
3 MB, 712x398
I wish the show went on longer
>>
>>64604410
Well, both had the misfortune of being products of the industry.
Cable TV is still to soft for something like Constantine so it has to be watered down and Hollywood has so few talented directors and writers that the movie didn't have much of a chance.
If either were to be any good they'd have to be somebody's project. Someone's baby.
>>
>>64604488
Welsh, close enough.

He did a fine accent though.
>>
>>64604528
As do I. I didn't like the chick Zoe, but Chaz was perfect.

The angel in the movie (Gabriel) was better, but that was my only real qualm with mythological figures in the TV show.
>>
>>64604465
But people loved him in I Robot so he must be good.
>>
>>64604545
How come NBC was brave enough to show awesome, gruesome shit in Hannibal but faltered with Constantine?
>>
>>64604632
Fuck autocorrect and phone posting. Zed.
>>
>>64604545
Constantine wasn't on cable
>>
>>64604683
>How come NBC was brave enough to show awesome, gruesome shit in Hannibal but faltered with Constantine?
Hannibal got cancelled... Thanks for the reminder...
>>
>>64604793
NBC is a cable network anon.
>>
>>64604873
It's a broadcast network
>>
>>64604807
After 3 seasons and Red Dragon.

How come this survived just one season?

Yes I share your dismay. I also was sad Pushing Daisies was cancelled. That director just cannot catch a break.
>>
>>64604528
Wonder Woman material
>>
File: DO IT.jpg (24 KB, 634x262) Image search: [Google]
DO IT.jpg
24 KB, 634x262
How many of you didn't know there was a post-credits scene with Shia being resurrected as an angel?

I didn't until last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvyBseaXNw
>>
>>64605258
Cringeworthy.
>>
>>64605258
Wish you hadn't showed me this to disappoint me further.

I rather liked the TV show giving him 47 lives to work with. They made it make sense in the Hellblazer universe.
>>
>>64604061

I don't read comic books, so the one on the right.

Tilda Swinton nailed it.
>>
>>64605539
I asked about the superior John Constantine, not angel.

I do agree with you that she pulled it off loads better than the black dude in the series.
>>
>>64604240
> I'm so patrician
*tips fedora*
>>
File: heh.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>64605258
Holy shit this is real.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.