[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the objectively best order of JP movies, from best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: Jurassic_Park_poster.jpg (50 KB, 269x400) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic_Park_poster.jpg
50 KB, 269x400
What's the objectively best order of JP movies, from best to worst, and why is it:

JP > JW > TLW:JP > JP3
>>
File: 1381287447527.jpg (3 KB, 199x254) Image search: [Google]
1381287447527.jpg
3 KB, 199x254
>>64601394
We're marathoning all of Jurassic Park movies, come hang out with us:

comfy dot zone
>>
>>64601394
Id say u got it in the right order op thread closed
>>
>>64601394
Jurassic World is shit

JP > TLW > JPIII > > The Land Before Time > > > Jurassic World
>>
>>64601460
this TBQH
>>
File: 1451840817088.jpg (283 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451840817088.jpg
283 KB, 800x1200
>>64601394
Absolute garbage ranking. How anyone thinks that Jurassic World is better than any other of the sequels is beyond me.

JP>>TLW=JP3>>JW
>>
>>64601460

The Land Before Time is a better movie than TLW and that piece of shit JP3
>>
>>64601701

Those nostalgia goggles tho.

JP3 is absolute shit and TLW isn't much better.
>>
>>64601394
You already posted the objective order, OP.
If you don't agree with this, you are literally retarded.
>>
>>64601394
3 is better than 2 by a mile.

>little girl uses gymnastics to fight a raptor

What the hell was Spielberg thinking? This scene alone makes it the worst JP movie.
>>
>jurassic world
>second

this is the biggest piece of shit from last year
>>
>>64601736
They were both very flawed and overall pretty bad, but that doesn't hinder JW from being complete insufferable garbage.
>>
>>64601999

this

also trips

thread closed
>>
JP > LW > JP3

Shitty fanfiction soft-reboot: JW
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 540x270
>>64601394
JP>TLW >>JW>>Jp3

I'll never understand the hate for 2, it was spielbergo's last funish movie before he became to old to have fun. It had great set peices, the cast was solid and Roland was fantastic, the score is one of Williams best and it wasn't afraid to be darker than the original and wasn't afraid to be different

Jp3 felt like it needed 20 more minutes and a last act to feel like a worthy movie
>>
File: bobbyrage.png (409 KB, 787x594) Image search: [Google]
bobbyrage.png
409 KB, 787x594
>mfw people don't like Lost World

Fuck you all, Lost World is awesome.
>>
What's with the intense hatred for 3? It was just a cheap movie where people run and get attacked by dinos..
>>
>>64602525
i don thate it, but my problems with it were
>they set up an arc in the beginning about grant's lifework being useless now that comes to no fruition
>tea leoni
>the navy/marine ending felt like a cheap cop out. it felt like the movie needed about 20 more minutes for another act to have some resolve
>the rest of the cast minus billy felt disposable at best

it really needed more time to resolve more things to feel like a worthy sequel. also, the t rex fight shouldve been longer, its already a b movie you might as well give us a good decently length monster battle
>>
>>64602657
oh yeah it wasn't good at all, but people act like it's the worst thing ever when it wasn't THAT bad.
it was unambitious as fuck
>>
>>64602840
its a decent B-movie, like something like a big budget roger corman movie, but i think alot of comes from the changes it does to retroactivly affect the first. i know making alan and elle break up ina sense kind of makes that arc he had with the kids moot
>>
>>64601394
JP>TLW:JP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jw>jp3

sorry but TLW had way better production and casting than the other souless products.
>>
>>64602927
>TLW
>not soulless
muh aminals. and dr. grant will always be better than malcolm, no matter what shitty movie they're in
>>
>>64602981
Roland is the best tbqh
also the parent and son t rex scenes were pretty great and adorable
>>
>>64603060
>Roland is the best tbqh
true
>also the parent and son t rex scenes were pretty great and adorable
if you're a dumb kid
>>
>>64603242
it showed a more emotional caring side to the creatures that didnt just make them monsters, come to think of it they did the same with the stegosauruses.
>>
>>64603284
you don't watch many nature documentaries
>>
>>64603361
i watched jeff corwin as a kid
>>
>I'll never understand the hate for 2,

On paper it all worked great, but Malcolm was ruined, FX were disappointing, the pacing and dialogue/delivery were awkward as fuck sometimes and some plot points didn't make sense - and no, pointing out that the first one had plot holes too doesn't help TLW's case.

The music and the mood saves it though, it's well above 3 and JW.

>>64602912
You have no idea what retroactive means.
>>
>>64603395
your an dumb
>>
>>64603508
>fx were disapointing
i dont get this, i watched it recently and it looks alot better than anything out in 2015
>>
>>64603508
>FX were disappointing
that's funny, cuz the FX are the only things I can stand about 2. The music and mood were what killed it for me because it was so goddamn cheesy
>>
JP3 never happened
JW is fanfiction

JP and TLW are the only canon. Have some fucking respect for the memory of Chrichton.
>>
JP > Petes dinosaur > Land before time > ice age dawn of the dinosaurs > the lost world > jurassic world > jp3
>>
>>64603625
>Have some fucking respect for the memory of Chrichton.
>respect for the memory of Chrichton
>Chrichton
lol
>>
>>64603625
>books
>being canon over movies

Said no one ever
>>
>>64603625
>Have some fucking respect for the memory of Chrichton.

It's Crichton, dumbass.

Also, the guy couldn't write a single likable character in his life, with JP he was ripping himself and Westworld off big time, and was obviously phoning it in with TLW. Yet it's still better than the original book.

Watchogonn' do?
>>
File: 221.jpg (248 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
248 KB, 2048x1365
>>64603625
Spielberg bugged Crichton into writing the second book so he could direct The Lost World.
>>
>>64604212
I like how he ended up using literally one scene from the book.
>>
File: rex.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
rex.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
Which is the best dinosaur movie and why is it The Valley of Gwangi?
>>
File: sad_ghost.jpg (55 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
sad_ghost.jpg
55 KB, 800x800
>>64604336
Harryhausen farn!

>tfw bronies ruined the midget horse scene

You just keep thinking all the interspecies rape they would suffer today.
>>
>>64604280
All I can think of is the scene where the little girl gets attacked on the beach, and that's from the first book.

>>64604336
Because it's King Kong set in the Old West with stop motion effects by Ray Harryhausen.
>>
>>64604567
Muh nigguh. Harryhausen is king, he gave life to his special effects in a way no one else could. I see Phil Tippet as his successor.

>>64604667
You forgot the part where Gwangi is an ancient fucking demon wrecking carnage for the thrill of it. Best monster, best villain.
>>
>>64605247
>believing gypsies
>>
>>64606669
That's the thing though, no one believed her. The cowboys, the scientist, they brought him to civilization thinking he was just a big animal. When Gwangi escapes he doesn't hide or flee or even predate, he wrestles the elephant to death before moving on to the next thing to kill. He is not driven with any instincts of self-preservation, but of malice for all things alive. Clearly he was not just some animal.

Not to mention he was brought down by being trapped inside a burning cathedral.
>>
>>64602166
i like it breh, dont worry
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.