[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have started Return of the Jedi. I am watching the Despecialized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: rotj.png (400 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
rotj.png
400 KB, 1600x900
So I have started Return of the Jedi.
I am watching the Despecialized versions.
Was Return of the Jedi ALWAYS called "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi"?
I know for a fact that ANH was originally just called "Star Wars".
>>
it didnt have 6 on the title
>>
>>64601350
wrong

Lucas titled Empire "Episode V" to give the sense that it was part of some grander story. He didn't intend (at that point) to make I - III a reality.
>>
>>64601316
It was originally Revenge Of the Jedi but lucas realized he could save a 1000 dollars a year on ink by renaming to return
>>
>>64601385
Yeah, I noticed this with Empire as well. So, I can trust the despecialized versions in being accurate as far as this goes? People seeing ROTJ in theatres for the first time in 1983 saw "EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI"?
>>
>>64601385
That's so fucking pretentious. Fuck George Lucas.
>>
>>64601316
>despecialized version
Didn't they only despecialize ANH so far
If it has the episode # on open crawl, it's not despecialized
>>
>>64601477
It had the episode number on the theatrical release.
>>
>>64601477
Shit.
Episode V seemed despecialized (I could tell because the special effects were shit/primitive).
That's too bad honestly. The pack came with all three prequel movies. Hm.
I'll just watch it anyway.
>>
THERE WERE NO FUCKING NUMBERS ON THE ORIGINAL OPENING CRAWLS, YOU UNDERAGE FAGGOTS
>>
A New Hope was the only one released without the Episode title.
>>
>>64601462
Yeah. He changed Star Wars to Episode IV A New Hope in 1981 so he already had this in mind when making Episode V and Episode VI.
>>
>>64601523
Yes there were. On Empire and Return of the Jedi there were always numbers.
>>
File: alienwriting.jpg (144 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
alienwriting.jpg
144 KB, 1600x900
>>64601556
Excellent. I'll keep watching.

So, was the writing in ROTJ always alien writing or was it English originally?
>>
>>64601466
derp
>>
>>64601595
Jesus christ what a retard you are.
Yes, that's how it always looked. The only plain text in the original trilogy was the stuff in ANH.
>>
>>64601595
I feel like it was always alien and then they went back to A New Hope to change that to alien in the special editions. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>64601595
always alien writing
>>
File: tewannawanga.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
tewannawanga.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>64601660
I have never seen Star Wars before you fucking cunt. Leave me the fuck alone. I'm asking questions here.

>>64601666
>>64601675
Okay. I ask because ANH had some English if I recall correctly.

By the way guys, TE WANNA WANGA?
>>
>>64601863
Yeah. That was one of the alright changes the special editions made because the english kinda ruins my immersion.
>>
>>64601945
Not me. I mean, they speak English! They also use words specific to us: Yoda has trained Jedi for 800 years (meaningless in a world where travel to other planets is casual).
The exhaust port on the Death Star was 2 meters wide.
Obviously they aren't speaking or reading English - it's just English so we understand them. Third person omniscient. Or, that's how I always saw it.
>>
glad i was born in 87 and didnt really watch star wars until i was 15

if it was born in 67, having a 4 5 and 6 first would have triggered me too much
>>
>>64601588

Yes, Empire and Jedi have always had the episode numbers.

Episode IV: A New Hope was added for the first movie's 1981 theatrical re-release.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_%28film%29#Later_releases
>>
15 minutes in. No questions or complaints so far. This is contrasted with Empire, where I had several questions and problems after the same amount of time.
>>
>>64602181
>triggered
>TRIGGERED
>T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>64602273
How about you just watch the goddamn film?
Nobody wants your commentary
>>
>>64602416
You're welcome to leave this thread and hide it if it bothers you. I'll watch the movie the way I want, thanks.
>>
>>64602273
wow you just marathoned a whole quarter hour?

wish i had your patience
>>
Where is a retard friendly download of the de-specialized editions? Are the ones on TPB/KickassTorrents legit?
>>
>>64602565
Isn't that where everyone gets them?
>>
>>64601477
Original trilogy have all been despecialized.
>>
>>64601316
Episode VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI!... except not really because Luke fucked up and all his younglings were killed by his nephew.
>>
File: skywalker.png (715 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
skywalker.png
715 KB, 1600x900
What is the explanation for Luke coming after either of his droids? Why not come at the same time or just alone? He did not need to endanger any of his friends in order to get Solo back.
>>
File: triggered.webm (772 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
triggered.webm
772 KB, 720x404
>>64602181
>>64602378
>>
File: whynot.png (986 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
whynot.png
986 KB, 1600x900
Any particular reason?
Yoda said last movie that essentially believing = performance. If he was strong enough in the force, believed enough, why couldn't he manipulate any mind, including Jabba's? What makes Jabba's so special? I realize this didn't happen because there needs to be an exciting action sequence coming up, but still.
>>
Why can't he use force powers? Yoda leads me to believe that believing = success. He choked two guards coming in here. Why not choke this big monster? Why not force push it or levitate it? Why not force jump back up, like he did on Bespin? His training is complete now and he's much stronger in the force. Why not... you know, use it?
>>
>>64601595
you just took the fun out of watching star war just stop and kill yourself you don't need a board to tell you how to watch a movie.
>>
>>64602973
In ANH, Obi Wan states outright that mind tricks only work on simple minded individuals
>>
>>64602893
Haha.

You remind of friends who can't wait for the movie to tell the story and just ask questions that will end up being answered.
>>
>>64603087
He probably couldn't levitate it because it's too big and heavy, plus there's not really much time to concentrate and tune into the Force when there's a 12 foot tall maneating monster coming after you. Also the gate's closed so he can't jump back up.
>>
>>64601518
No, it is despecialized. Don't listen to that faggot.
>>
>>64601385
wrong. he had already wrote all 9 parts but took 4 5 and 6 to the studios. he then narrowed it down to 4.
there are also interviews where hamill and fisher are saying that after esb and jedi that lucas intends to do prequels and eventually sequels.
>>
>>64602090
Galactic standard Basic (yeah it's English fuck you)
Galactic standard year (1 year on Corellia)
Metric is based on universal constants like the density of water, retart.
>>
>>64601316
Are yo me I just watch Star Wars for the first time the other day. Despecialized all the way.
>>
Did OP died?
>>
>>64602565
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f89/harmys-star-wars-trilogy-despecialized-2543089/
Make an account and download mega
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.