[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>an old man, a giant dog, a moisture farmer, and a 14 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Charter_negotiations.jpg (177 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Charter_negotiations.jpg
177 KB, 1600x1200
>an old man, a giant dog, a moisture farmer, and a 14 year old
What was so exciting about this again?
>>
>>64598338
that group of unlikely heroes were going to take out the whole empire

how is that NOT exciting?
>>
>>64598338
Nothing.
We all just pretended to like it.
>>
>>64598338
>a battle hardened wizard, a hotshot pilot, an alien berzerker and a dick-ass thief

You can word it the other way too
>>
Real practical effects like that massive sandcrawler, all the aliens in the cantina, the fucking death star trash compactor with an alien lifeform in it, all the ship designs, Han Solo's balking at the whole thing being tongue in cheek and making the movie somehow cool despite being nerdy as fuck. An ending that is somehow as predictable as it is satisfying.

just an awesome, genius movie that kickstarted a franchise that turned to shit with episode 7's rehashfest.
>>
File: 1366060875783.jpg (37 KB, 374x421) Image search: [Google]
1366060875783.jpg
37 KB, 374x421
>>64598338
>14 year old

Han Solo was 14 years old?

Anyway, the old man is basically a superhero, but gets killed off 2/3 of the way through the movie by a supervillain. How many shows do THAT?
>>
>>64598641
canonically

>IGN: Han is fourteen in A New Hope?
>Lucas: Yeah.
>IGN: As in, he's fourteen years of age?
>Lucas: Well, he's meant to be. We cast Ford because he was in my previous movie, but Han was supposed to be this little kid who's out of his depth. He still is, in my eyes. That's how I wrote him.
>IGN: This is pretty mind-blowing for Star Wars fans.
>Lucas: Good.
>IGN: So Han is younger than Luke?
>Lucas: That was the way I intended it. Obviously Harrison doesn't make a convincing fourteen year old (laughs), but--
>IGN: If you had complete creative control back then, would you have cast a young actor?
>Lucas: If I had my way, I'd go back and re-shoot all Harrison's scenes with a child actor. That's unfinished business in my eyes.
>>
>>64598724
Cant be real
>>
>>64598724

He really is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>64598724
What is wrong with him ?? Yikes
>>
>>64598724
Saving this.
>>
>>64598724
jesus I thought the whole lucas being a hack was just a big exaggeration
>>
>>64598724
when will Lucas just die?
>>
People just care about the Jedi and the Force.
>>
>>64598724
oh, there's no source, and google reveals no source either

oh well, enjoy the free (you)s, this was really well crafted bait
>>
>>64598724
It's a fake pasta, r-right? I just imagined the OT with a Jake Lloyd tier kid actor playing Han Solo, oh the horror
>>
>>64599091
it's obviously a transcription of a video
>>
>>64598724

I wish this was real, it would prove just how much George got his rocked off pissing off star wars fan.
>>
>>64599163
you'd think something like this would be spread around
you know
considering the massive fanbase

it's definitely fake, until proven otherwise
>>
File: hansolo.png (29 KB, 696x129) Image search: [Google]
hansolo.png
29 KB, 696x129
>>
>>64599201
I'm pretty sure it was an old interview about one of the EU comics supposedly based off the first draft of Star Wars with Annikin Starkiller and all that. IIRC they asked him this becaise Han's age didn't line up with the movies
>>
>>64598724
what the fuck
>>
>>64599091
>>64599252
>>
>>64598724
>Good.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.