[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it feel to be an american?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: the american shame.jpg (93 KB, 748x650) Image search: [Google]
the american shame.jpg
93 KB, 748x650
How does it feel to be an american?
>>
depends

america is a weird place in that it has some of the most incredible people on the planet and some of the absolute worst scum of the planet

if you're a scum, it's a lovely hedonistic affair
if you're a diamond, it's torture, but that's probably the impetus that makes you hone yourself to maximum gem level
>>
File: foreign plebs.jpg (350 KB, 1870x827) Image search: [Google]
foreign plebs.jpg
350 KB, 1870x827
>>
>>64598152
>domestic

This never mattered before, but now star babies have to move goal posts to make their dumb movie seem relevant.
>>
>>64598322
Minions... Shit
>>
>>64598439

Cameronfags: The only people in the world who think Chinamen are great arbiters of quality cinema.

GTFO Avatarcuck
>>
Star Wars is an extremely American in concept, while Avatar is anti-American schlock. So I'm proud as hell yurocucks.
>>
Why are americans so obsessed with box office success? Why is it always about money?
>>
>>64598152
At least it's better than Avatar.
>>
>>64598439
>implying TFA won't beat Avatar internationally.
kek
>>
People often ask me what it means to be an American. I tell 'em it's triumph. Triumph. Triumph when we nuke our enemies. Triumph when when peer down from the moon and laugh heartily at Russia. Triumph when we depose one dictator after another. Triumph when we break into the homes of terrorist kingpins on the other side of Earth and shoot them in the face. Triumph when we use flying robots to bomb other terrorists in Afghanistan, and other nuclear robots to explore Mars. Triumph when we free Europe from Nazis. Triumph. Triumph. Triumph. But it's not just the the big things, see? It's the way I can set up lawn chairs at my friends house on the Texas Rio Grande and share a toast to freedom while watching Mexicans charge into gunfire to enter my country. It's the way an Italian cabbie sits up straight and floors the gas when he hears my accent. It's seeing the wide eyes and bead of sweat running down the forehead of a German customs agent when he opens my passport. It's the way a French waiter hangs his head when I refuse the wine and ask for Coke instead, in English knowing full well he understands me (and that they have it). The way an Aussie blushes and leans into the urinal next to me in the bathroom, or the scowl that meets my smirk when I tip an English waiter in US dollars covered with Washington's face. The way small mobs of Canadian school children follow me from a distance to see what a free man looks like, or how heads timidly rise and women gather when my accent stops the music in the clubs of Amsterdam. Triumph. Every bit of it, triumph. That's what it means to be an American.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (11 KB, 228x284) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
11 KB, 228x284
>>64598152
BUUUUTTTT no one is likes niggers and women, right? This movie won't make that much money, right?

How can /pol/ be so wrong so often?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.