[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This had a really bad ending. It started so well too.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: adaptation.jpg (20 KB, 360x513) Image search: [Google]
adaptation.jpg
20 KB, 360x513
This had a really bad ending. It started so well too.
>>
here's your reply
>>
>>64597434
Seriously, the twist in the third act is fucking terrible and I don't care if it's a meta commentary on how hard it is to end things. The movie was about a failed writer and it should have stayed that way.
>>
>>64597477
he kinda did fail though as he was forced to write about himself rather than the orchid thief
>>
>>64597477
No it's not it's really good. It doesn't matter if you don't care about the meta commentary because it has artistic value and is good
>>
>>64598217
But none of it matters because his brother is dead and more important things happened than his failed career. It was fairly realistic up to the last 30 minutes.
>>
>>64597390
You missed the point mate. The idea was that he couldn't finish the movie. He failed.
>>
Adaptation is crap, but it has one of my favorite scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVqxD8PNq8
>>
>>64598328
That scene is cringeworthy shit. This is the best scene https://tdf165.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/charlies-frustrations-manifested-in-adaptation/
>>
>>64598426
>That scene is cringeworthy shit
>proceeds to post a link to his site for a cringeworthy shitty video
>>
>>64597477

>the twist in the third act is fucking terrible and I don't care if it's a meta commentary on how hard it is to end things

max pleb you are
>>
This is one of my favourite movies. Kaufman's best film for sure.

It's a mobius strip of a film.

Kaufman sets out to make a film where there's no massive epiphany and nothing is resolved.
He fails, and the third act of the film, as noted by some anons here, is a mess. It's an absolute purposeful mess that hits every cliche that Kaufman had been avoiding all film.

The beautiful part is that by creating a film where he has to resort to every cliche in the book, he's actually accomplishing what he set out to do. He's made a film about a man who fails and nothing is resolved. By giving up and resolving everything, he has in theory resolved nothing, and made the film he wanted to make
>>
>>64598276
>his brother is dead
>his brother

lol
>>
>>64597390

>Not understanding that third act actually wrote his "dude twist ending lmao" brother.
>>
>>64598328
What a great monologue.
>>
>>64598576
Exactly this.

So REAL Kaufman actually succeeded, by writing a film where CHARACTER Kaufman, failed and learned nothing.
>>
File: 1451171539125.jpg (388 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
1451171539125.jpg
388 KB, 1803x1351
>>64598328
>>64598426
>no one ever made a movie about flowers
>what about Flower for Algernon?
>that's not about flowers and it's not a movie
>oh sorry I've never seen it
>>
>>64598647

Yup. You got it, anon.
>>
>>64597390
Did you actually watch the film? That's the fucking point.
>>
>>64597390
>Reminder that the Nic Cage is a terrible actor-meme still is alive and well on this board

Absolutely astounding desu
>>
I love this. Tfw, Charlie is actually autistic af

http://youtu.be/bUwrIeEB9-Y
>>
Imagine me and you I do ...
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.