[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did everyone hate this? It's what TFA should've been.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 22
File: qbj4LedG.jpg (381 KB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
qbj4LedG.jpg
381 KB, 1700x1700
Why did everyone hate this? It's what TFA should've been.
>>
>>64595780

its soulless

not going to lie, it was fun, but it was soulless

I'm actually terrified when the director takes over episode 9.
>>
>>64597086

This.

Also annoying and useless kids.
>>
>>64597086

why?

Jurassic World is quite literally the Jurassic Park series equivalent of TFA
>>
>>64595780
I agree. It had plenty of "soul" without being a complete rehash. Its a solid 9/10 compared to TFAs 2/10
>>
JW is the archetypal generic action blockbuster cashing in on an iconic predecessor. So, it's very much like TFA. (both utterly mediocre at best)
>>
Personally, I expected a lot more out of the park. It's the first of four movies to actually have the park operational and full of bystanders, yet most of what we see is just that main drag and the 50k visitors vanish into thin air after the pterosaur scene. Also everything involving the I-Rex was insultingly stupid. The movie doesn't even finish, the good dinosaurs just team up to kill the big bad evil dinosaur and the credits roll. Are we supposed to believe every other dinosaur returned to their cages and fall asleep?
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1280x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1280x639
>>64595780
I saw no problem with it
>>
>>64597174
>its soulless
>Jurassic World is quite literally the Jurassic Park series equivalent of TFA

You're only reinforcing his claim.
>>
>>64595780
It was basically Jurassic Park 3 pretending to be Jurassic Park 1
>>
No idea why people hate it. I think people are just stupid. People who hate it liked Terminator Genyses, Spectre and The Force Awakens. I don't think this gay earth deserves good movies anymore.
>>
File: jurassic park.jpg (197 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
jurassic park.jpg
197 KB, 750x750
>>64595780
I must watch this again. When I saw it at the cinema I thought it was a cynical uninspired pile of dookie, but I haven't watched it since.

I can say this though: Both TFA and JW suffer from a severe lack of vision.
>>
>>64597192
>>64597450
>>64597195
TFA and JW were both clumsy, but JW was a lot better.

>Movie features callbacks to the original, but the story isn't a complete rehash
>Only one original cast member returns and his role doesn't eclipse the new characters
>Aunt Claire > Rey, she ends up saving the day in the end, but she has many flaws and seemed like an actual person

The only truly bad parts of JW was the Mercedes product placement, Zara's death, and the family plot.
It made sense that there'd be restaurants and shops on the island, but the car was too noticeable, especially since there were Jurassic World trademark cars.
Zara's death was random and went on for too long.
And Aunt Claire should've just been their mom.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 264x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 264x243
>>64595780
It's good, but it's not the best

Jurassic Park > The Lost World
>> Jurassic World >> Jurassic Park 3

It did have many redeeming qualities though
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
>>64595780
>Why did everyone hate this?

Shitposters on /tv/ are not "everyone." If you leave your house once in a while, you'll learn that there's a world of people out there that actually enjoy having fun.
>>
>>64597424
You really suck man
>>
>>64597366

I mean with regards to the director for 9, wouldn't be any different

>>64597424

bait
>>
best movie of the year desu senpai

>based oldschool adventure feel
>working park
>great themes of living with and allowing nature to be itself
>dinosaurs actual characters, not just monsters
>great cast

It's at least as good as the original Jurassic Park. Can't wait for the sequel.
>>
>>64597174

Shit characters. Shit plot. Dumb as fuck action. Everything happened only because people in charge of park were retarded.

It was much worse than TFA.
>>
>>64595780
>all this samefagging

because its shit
>>
>>64597467

Stop. Action was completely fucking retarded.
>>
It was fun, not the best film of last year but as a Jurassic Park fan it done its job. I wouldnt even say its better than TLW but I dont get how people can put 3 above it.

Had dinosaurs running around fucking people up.
>>
how did she run about so easily in high heels
>>
>>64597474
It barley got a 70 on RT and a 59 on Metacritic.
>>
>>64597472
Let me correct your ranking

JP>>TLW=JP3>>JW
>>
>>64597562
She's probably used to it.
>>
Movie would be over if the ACU team had real weapons and not fucking sticks and nets.

Who the fuck would go hunt something like this without real weapons?

Shit, it would be over if they had airguns with tranquilizers instead of fucking dog catchers equipment.

And then a bunch of mercs armed with SMG's goes to hunt dinos in a thick jungle at night. Just...
>>
>>64597607
>let me incorrect your ranking
>>
I only liked that one scene. You know the one.
>>
>>64597467
That's really generous. I just didn't care what was happening in JW or who it was happening to, the characters were quite cliched, and they were often downright stupid (which we're supposed to "forgive" cuz it's a summer blockbuster, or whatever). I think I was able to sit through the entire movie, but you could really just turn it off 1/2 or 2/3 of the way and it'd be fine.
>>
Jurassic Park is a better movie, no doubt about that, but it gets boring around the middle.
I enjoyed Jurassic World a lot more. It's better entertainment.
>>
>>64597424
literally all 4 of those movies suck assholes.
>>
>>64597655

Kids were fucking horrible in every way. Jesus, I'd start clapping if they got eaten.
>>
>>64595780

TFA was worse, but Jurassic World was still bad.
>>
>>64595780

JW and TFA are essentially the exact same type of movie. They are both soft reboots disguised as sequels that mix old and new characters to reestablish a fictional setting so that more movies in this reestablished setting can be made off of the story line set up in this first film.

They both try to bring in old audiences with nostalgic imagery and characters and try to win new audiences with new characters, updated effects, and more modern streamlined storytelling in the vein of other modern blockbusters. Both films are full of nostalgic "hey you remember this!?" callbacks such as as old visitor center and the jeep in JW, and things like the holo-chess table and the training sphere in TFA.

Both films are bridge movies and are more or less a marketing tool to jumpstart an otherwise dead but highly profitable franchise. I don't hate either of them.
>>
>>64597638
Helicopter webm?
>>
>>64597655
Maybe I just don't watch a lot of cliche movies.
>>
>This isn't a Jurassic Park anymore....it's a Jurassic World

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>64597691
>Jesus, I'd start clapping if they got eaten.

I genuinely wanted them to die. In this kind of movies, I usually don't mind these shitty characters, but the movie would have greatly benefited from their death.
>>
>>64595780
/tv/ loved it when it came out. There were a lot of threads. Anybody who hated it Didn't get the message, or understands how to have fun anymore.

It was way better than TFA. and actually had memorable moments and a GOAT score
>>
>>64597697

Other then the theme and the ten minutes spend in the visitor centre I dont get where people are claiming all this nostalgia from JW.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 500x250
>>64597759
>what did she mean by this
>>
>>64597697
I really do like the philosophy of a soft reboot with new characters in the same universe as a sequel than all the straight up reboots and remakes and get made while trying to ride the coattails of of the old movies they're trying to supersede.
>>
>>64597673
(You)

>>64597638
The assistent?
>>
>>64597829
Yes
>>
>>64597512
>It was much worse than TFA.
They were both equally dumb
>>
>>64597697
This, how did you not notice the similarities?
Although unlike the above poster I do hate both of the films, for they represent everything wrong with the film industry.
>>
>>64597778
Credit where credit is due, Michael giiachano did a better John Williams score in 2015 than Williams himself
>>
>>64597697
>I don't hate either of them.
I liked TFA, I really did.
But it's a theater movie.
The more I think about it the angrier I get.
Some of the "jokes" I laughed at didn't even make sense.
Like Finn asking Rey if she had a "cute boyfriend" and then later showing no physical or romantic interest in her.
And you can't soft reboot Star Wars, it doesn't work, there's too much lore.

With Jurassic World, the first two sequels were erased from canon and JP in general isn't as loved as Star Wars.
And even if you are going to soft reboot Star Wars TFA did it incorrectly, Jurassic World did it right by focusing on new characters and a new story.
>>
>>64597619
And TFA would have been over if the First Order wasn't so incompetent that they couldn't stop and destroy a single tie fighter from leaving the Star Destroyer.

So fuck you dumb shit
>>
>>64597809

I think it's smarter than just a shameless "do over" reboot, but I do understand why people don't like them.
>>
>>64597877
I know it's bizzare.
>>
>>64597848

Nope. JW was many times dumber. The entire movie relied on every character being stupid as fuck.

Indominus would never even escape in our main hero wasn't a retard.
>>
>>64597883

>And you can't soft reboot Star Wars, it doesn't work, there's too much lore.

They already did by wiping out 80% of the existing lore, the old EU. Even if that stuff was never "film" canon it was canon enough for other material to use. Almost all of the star wars video games up until the new battlefront were based off of the old EU and a lot of people took that material as canon. I mean there are a ton of people out there that still cant figure out that KOTOR isn't canon.

And you can certainly soft-reboot star wars, they just did it.
>>
>>64597939
>Indominus would never even escape in our main hero wasn't a retard.
Claire? But she saves the day in the end. Her being a retard is what makes her a good character.
>>
>>64597939
>The entire movie relied on every character being stupid as fuck.
You can say that about the first Jurassic Park too.
>>
>>64597688
Except Jurassic World.
>>
>>64597885

They were not expecting one of their own to betray them. Ship's guns and shields were offline.

They even talked about quickly heating that one turret to bring them down.
>>
>>64597467
Zara's death was hilarious
>>
>>64598026

Nope. In the first movie the fat fucker ruined everything.
>>
>>64598035
And the ACU didn't want to kill a multi million dollar dinosaur they just made. So we can do this all day
>>
>>64597778
>and actually had memorable moments
Such as..?
>>
>>64598094

So why not use fucking tranquilizers? That other guys in the movie use later on the flying dinosaurs?
>>
File: 2016-01-07-23-43-17.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07-23-43-17.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>I just got the best tracking device for I-rex
>>
>>64598124

They do use tranqs on it and stun rounds.

They dont work
>>
>>64598074
Which one?
>>
>>64597939
Nigger everything in TFA required everyone to just convinently be in the right place at the right time. And when they needed the skills to do something they magically learned the Power.

At least JW was playing it very tongue in cheek. TFA was trying it's hardest to be serious.
>>
>>64598116
>>64598116
Not him, but moments I honestly remembered
>the Owen and raptor scenes
>the hamfisted acting of the military guy
>the final fight
>the scene with the raptors going to get the I Rex
>the final roar
>Aunt Claire's sweaty tank top

That's just me though
>>
>>64598141

They only use nets and rubber bullets. For some retarded reason not even one of them had a tranquilizer gun.
>>
>>64597655
While I disagree I respect your opinion and can certainly see where you're coming from, but you better not like the force awakens if you feel this way.
>>
File: image.jpg (487 KB, 1280x1763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
487 KB, 1280x1763
It had kind of a lazy script and 30% of cgi looked like shit. The rest of it looked great...and then all of sudden crap

Was it two different special effects teams? Did they run out of money? Why not cut the scenes where cgi looked bad?
Do directors care?
Does anyone rewrite scripts in Hollywood anymore? Or is it "first draft" is good enough
>>
>>64598146

The fag who wanted to sell the dino DNA and turned off their electricity.
>>
>>64598178
>TFA was trying it's hardest to be serious.

Oh come on, I have read many criticisms of TFA on this board but this is the first time I have saw it was trying to be serious.
>>
>>64598251
There wasn't any really great cgi that I remember in 2015 tbqh, everything seemed run of the mill or average this year
>>
>>64598251

They no longer care. All studios think it's enough to have a brand name and throw 200 million $ at special effects.
>>
>>64598124
It's skin was to thick. We see that when even a blow from an ankylosaur tail doesn't even really hurt It.

Regarding Star Wars how was poe even able to leave the hanger bay? They had shield generators to prevent that kinda shit. Even made a big deal about it in the first movie. And what about tractor beams? Hans shitty junk ship was able to disable the falcon to retrieve it, but the empire can't do the same to a shitty TIE? Cmon
>>
>>64598178
and it didnt have a 3rd fucking death star
>>
>>64598270
It was both of the fat guys really.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 716x896) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 716x896
>>64597467
>make MemeLord the dad
>aunt Claire is the mom
>she goes to work on the island (straining the relationship)
>the dad is kind of a big kid/slob type
>he becomes a hero and the mother realizes that her family is more important than her job

Yea it would have made a lot more sense than the kids randomly being upset their aunt (they never see) not taking them on the tour of the coolest place on earth.

Id also add, the I-Rex should have been the military project (it's an invisible Frankenstein killing machine) and the raptors being trained animals like lions at the circus. (Could probably just cut them out completely but whatever)
>>
I know it must be some kind of trope with another name, but I hate the kids instantly remembered matrix tier superpower
>Shit how are we going to scape?
>Remember when we used to fix that other car? *winks*

as a truck mechanic, that gave me instant cancer
>>
>>64598228
>Aunt Claire's sweaty tank top
Only one I can relate to desu. Each to their own I guess.
>>
i love this movie

there are goofy lines, and the conclusion is anticlimactic but it's good
>>
>>64598430
Why is the fat guy always the bad guy? Are they weightist or something?
>>
I went in expecting dumb panicky people getting eaten by ridiculous over the top dinosaurs and I got dumb panicky people getting eaten by over the top dinosaurs

And it even managed to be a clever girl here and there with some bits of self realization about audiences that want bigger better attractions (or movies...) are going to regret what they ask for.

And it managed to stick the the man vs nature themes without being overly preachy or retarded about it.

I went in with lukewarm expectations and wound up maybe a little pleasantly surprised.

>>64597787

>Epic fire doors into the park shot
>Based Mr DNA
>Flare to attract the t-rex to the goat chained to a pole
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 540x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 540x250
>>64598495
The only one that matters tbqf
>>
>>64598432
>MemeLord the dad
Actually, I was thinking Claire would be their mom they never see because she's been on the island working.
The two kids are raised by their dad.
Claire's job demanding job has created a rift in her marriage, he wants a divorce, but is still willing to let the kids see her.
And because of the divorce the Owen romance could still work.
>the I-Rex should have been the military project
That would've probably been really good.
>>
>>64598513
You mad, fatty?
>>
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't good as 1.

I'm just happy it was ok.
>>
>>64598634
Doesn't anyone think of Gomer Pyle's problems?
>>
It's a shitty movie. Worst than TFA.
>>
>>64598643
>but it wasn't good as 1.

I dont think anyone was expecting that

As long as it was on par or better depending on your opinon with the sequels I think whoever liked it was happy
>>
>>64598708
>Worst than TFA
TFA fan in a nutshell
>>
>>64597086
>it was fun
It was fun when it wasn't utterly retarded or dull as fuck, which means not too often.
>>
>>64597331
>It's the first of four movies to actually have the park operational
And it's an idea that doesn't work.
>>
>>64598851
You won't kill my dream, anon
>>
>>64598813
All Jurassic Parks were shit, and so was this one. But that's my adult opinion, which I know believe is irrelevant.

This movie is clearly for kids, I fucking loved Jurassic Park as a kid, scary and I actually laughed at the jokes, I bet the kids loved it, if they did it was a success.
>>
>>64598943
Your dream was dead before being born anon.
>>
>>64599006
>All Jurassic Parks were shit
First one is excellent though.
>>
>>64595780
they both sucked
>>
>>64599006
How big is your fedora collectionm
>>
>>64599156
>not accepting the fact that hollywood doesn't give 2 shits about your cynical adulthood

take the pill and put on the fedora faam
>>
>>64599217
Thats why I never grew up anon. It's a beautiful thing, especially now that I've got a son getting old enough to play vidya with.
>>
File: 1436724490463.jpg (1 MB, 864x1728) Image search: [Google]
1436724490463.jpg
1 MB, 864x1728
>>64599006
>All Jurassic Parks were shit
How can your taste be so terrible?
The first one is God creates dinosaurs tier
>>
File: Gt+pepe+gt+Saïd -biches.jpg (204 KB, 1025x1000) Image search: [Google]
Gt+pepe+gt+Saïd -biches.jpg
204 KB, 1025x1000
>>64598131

>tfw no one look at your elaborates jokes.

It's a fucking 100$ swiss cow bell and a fucking 400$ just to pull this off.
>>
>>64599521
Is that concept art? Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>64599596
Holy hell... why are people paying that much for fucking cpw bells? I thought that was in jest too, but its not after checking
>>
File: jurrasic-girl.jpg (63 KB, 938x599) Image search: [Google]
jurrasic-girl.jpg
63 KB, 938x599
>>64597472
>tfw you will never have hot sweaty sex with Aunt Clair after being chased by dinosaurs

Had to pause the movie and rub one out because she was so fucking hot.
>>
>>64599678

Really he did it look on Google images reverse.

Y
O
U

L
O
Y
A
L
>>
File: 1377991689887.gif (2 MB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1377991689887.gif
2 MB, 245x250
>>64599616
I think it's just fan art
>You will never sit in a field and watch your life's dream walk in front of you
>>
>>64599792
With the amount of sweat she produces you'd likely drown in it.
>>
>>64599792
>she will never give you a sweaty tit job or ass job
>>
I thought Indian not-hammond was pretty fun. I was kinda upset they killed him off, he was the most interesting character, considering he was all about fulfilling Hammond's dream and all enthusiastic and shit.

the whole military subplot was really kind of stupid though, Donofrio's character wasnt the best, and arguably the weakest part of the movie.

I thought the return to the original visitor's center was pretty tasteful, I liked that they escaped it with one of the old staff jeeps.

the biggest gripe I had was that it was all CGi when even the originals, which were all about using CGI, still used mostly animatronics for realism.

the marketing was brilliant though, the mock website was fantastic, and I like that the movie is literally set it's own exact timeframe apart from the original, which realistically speaking, IS enough time for people to forget about the original disaster and stop caring about it.

the discussion between the indian guy and the chinese doctor guy where he tells him that they are basically genetically engineered theme park monsters and not real dinosaurs, was pretty neat, but again, chinese doc's departure with the military guys was sort of weird and unnessecary.
>>
Its actually worse then TFA
>>
>>64600357
probably cum in less than a minute from all that lube
>>
>>64600156
I didn't ask for these feels today anon...
>>
File: 1363712396204.png (110 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1363712396204.png
110 KB, 300x300
We're marathoning all of the JP movies. Currently watching the original and then JW after then, then the other two.

Come watch and chat with us:

comfy dot zone
>>
Book was better

Oh and Hammond and Malcolm die whereas the warden I and the lawyer live

The lawyer wasn't a faggot either
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 540x270
>>64599792
>>64600357
Wew lad

She increased this movies profit by AT LEAST 45%
>>
it tried to copy the first too much

two kids with divorcing parents
one of them is intelligent
family gets them access all areas
they dont do as they are told
their vehicle is attacked by the main dinosaur
>>
File: af.gif (2 MB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
af.gif
2 MB, 300x204
>>64599792
i would run through that whole park to have sweet sweaty sex with that goddess
>>
How can you people be so stupid? I literally didn't even know this movie existed until I saw all these posts about Bryce Dallas Howard. Who is, admittedly, very attractive. But come on. Don't you realize your sexual compulsion is basically creating free advertising for a terrible movie?
>>
File: JP2.jpg (35 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
JP2.jpg
35 KB, 610x407
>>64602376
i thought it was kinda comfy tbqh. it isnt a great movie and it has a ton of faults, but its an entertaining B-movie with some over the top acting and a good hammy performance by gomer pyle
>>
are JW threads just a thinly veiled excuse to post pics of the hot redhead? not that i mind
>>
>>64602844
yes dubsman
>>
>>64602844
Not enough assistant posting 2bh
>>
File: 3_071.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3_071.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
>>64603014
shes good shes no sweaty auntfu though
>>
>>64595780
I feel like JW was completely self-aware and focused on fun but it wasn't suppose to be taken seriously.

Jurassic Park was a follow up to a book from a pseudo intellectual. The series had the potential to be thought provoking but they dropped the ball with TLW by making it a monster movie. JP3 made this much worse.
TLW actually destroyed lore versus the prequel films which added in brand new ideas and settings.

The characters in TLW and JP3 make no sense and die for the audiences convenience. I understood why Anakin was a shitbag but Sarah being a world renowned scientist was something that was lost on me.
>>
>>64602967
Goddamn. Dat ass tho
>>
>>64603370
not bad from the front either could use more dirt and sweat tbqh
>>
>>64603168
she should blow on her thumb real hard to inflate those tits.
>>
>>64599792
Yeah it must be my inner caveman speaking but the sweatier and dirtier she got the hotter she was
>>
>>64595780
It doesn't have the showmanship in action set pieces that the Spielberg movies had.
>>
>>64601834
There was a book of Jurassic World?
>>
>>64595780
It's what TFA is.
>>
>>64603552
there is jurassic park and the lost world, the rest are from scratch though jp is only 60% like the book while lost world is like 30%
>>
>>64595780
I liked that they brought back the Chinaman yet didn't kill him off.
>>
>>64603660
thats a story for another time
>>
So do people have a problem with rehashes because they want new ideas or because Hollywood just doesnt know/care to make old ones good?
>>
>>64603594
But we're talking Jurassic World. Saying the book is better is meaningless.
>>
>>64603780
i never said the books were any better, i was giving you the fact of the matter. no opinion on what is better
>>
>>64600156
More like
>You will never sit in a field and watch women with huge asses walk in front of you
Kill me now.
>>
>>64604533
you can just sit on a bench and people watch m8
>>
>>64601937
>two kids with divorcing parents
That was part of the first?
>>
>>64603698
I want new ideas.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.