[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this be worth going to see?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11
File: rev.jpg (81 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
rev.jpg
81 KB, 720x1080
Would this be worth going to see?
>>
>>64593445

I'm going to see it. Excited for it, actually. So...welp, see ya later.
>>
>>64593445
Looks like an episode of planet earth.
Hardy was good, as expected.
DiCaprio grunts and makes many wide-eyes.

It's worth the price of admission, but I'm not gonna watch it again.
>>
yes, it's pretty good, even if the actual structure of the story is pretty expected the execution of it is great
>>
>>64593445
Yes, amazing special effects and good nature shots.
>>
>>64593445
It's long and boring, you have to be one of "those" to really enjoy it. No oscarino for leonardo
>>
>>64593445
torrent is out for weeks now, but i guess its an experience in the cinêmá
one of the best movies from last year. especiially cinemetographariaay-wise
>>
>>64593445
I will wait for the yify rip, if I feel it deserves to be seen on big screen then i will think about it
>>
the bear did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1446539525637.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1446539525637.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>64593950
Found the transformers fan
>>
>>64594434
found the grifter fan
>>
>>64594384
I felt bad for the cubs.
>>
>The Revenant, the new Leonardo DiCaprio western, bids to be also the last western. That once-quintessential Hollywood genre has lost its popularity to sci-fi and comic-book flicks that trendily dramatize social tensions — along with offering escape into perpetual adolescence. The Revenant reworks the older westerns’ exploration of American history, and of the issues arising from the clash between civilization and perceived wilderness, into a spectacle replete with contemporary social distress. That makes it an Obama western.

>DiCaprio’s Hugh Glass, a guide and hunter for a fur-trading expedition in the 1820s, humbly embodies the country’s humane, multicultural hopes, yet he’s stuck amid venal, weak-principled countrymen. Burdened with the racist legacy of European settlers, Glass is haunted by the killing of his Pawnee wife and guards his biracial son. Glass’s ambivalence and fortitude are tested by his trouble with John Fitzgerald (Tom Hardy), a low-life among the government-sanctioned trappers. The unhinged, Bible-quoting carnivore Fitzgerald is a lying, killing incarnation of America’s evils.

>The epic, overlong murderous opposition between Glass and Fitzgerald reveals perfidious man in nature, and nature as alienating as it is “red in tooth and claw.” Their conflict symbolizes the war between civility and savagery, though it is not the classic sheriff-vs.-outlaw antagonism. In this End of the West western, the greed, selfishness, and brutal cynicism come straight out of our contemporary paranoid atmosphere. The Revenant portrays the U.S. as a ghost of its once idealized, rough-hewn self, a nation troubled by its treacherous past while slogging through an onerous, deadly present — thus, an Obama allegory.
>>
File: 1439720905981.jpg (134 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1439720905981.jpg
134 KB, 750x1334
>>64594474
not a fan of anything, I just don't have ADHD and aspergers and grew out of puberty a long time ago.

Can you say the same?
>>
>>64594544
can you?
>>
File: The Time Has Come.png (63 KB, 1000x920) Image search: [Google]
The Time Has Come.png
63 KB, 1000x920
>Oscar-winning Mexican director Alejandro González Iñárritu doesn’t apologize for American history; he even avoids the Mexican–American War and the policies of European colonization that might specifically explain Manifest Destiny. Yet, by playing a Clooney–Damon–Pitt game, Iñárritu uses the western genre for a simplified critique of American temperament: Glass always physically conflicts with threatening forces, including bedrock, redneck conservatism.

>His virtue is lamely represented by romantic memories and race-conscious fatherhood. (“They don’t hear your voice, they only see your skin,” he warns his teenage son.) His struggle is epitomized in a showpiece battle with a grizzly bear. It’s like a superhero origin myth via computer-generated F/X. Glass is left nearly dead, prey to Fitzgerald’s ruthlessness. Fisheye close-ups of DiCaprio in agony recall A Clockwork Orange’s cynicism, and his snowy travails repeat that Quaalude crawl in The Wolf of Wall Street. After relentless melodramatic setbacks, phenomenal resilience wins him revenge.
>>
File: White Man's Burden.png (49 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
White Man's Burden.png
49 KB, 300x207
>Remember how Vietnam-era westerns (Little Big Man, Soldier Blue, Bite the Bullet, High Plains Drifter) expressed liberal American guilt? Well, the trendy ISIS-era politics of Iñárritu’s western fantasy prohibit cathartic heroism. This frustration and reticence add to The Revenant’s Obama aspect. DiCaprio and the prodigious Tom Hardy sink into their characters’ obstinacy to show white American moral descent (while the knowing Native Americans bide their time stereotypically — a millennial flip of their passivity in Dances with Wolves). After ear-chewing combat with Fitzgerald, similar to Laurence Olivier and Gregory Peck’s mauling each other in The Boys from Brazil, Glass stares at the audience with a look of “This is not who we are” hopelessness.

>The Revenant is an accusatory western. Iñárritu forces the audience to judge imperialism, starting with Emmanuel Lubezki’s preening, relentless camera (just as in last year’s dreadful Birdman) weaving among the corrupt characters. Lubezki’s photography is pellucid, as always, but whereas he achieved a newly discovered, paradisiacal look for Terrence Malick’s The New World, the American wild here seems inhospitable, dangerous. Before the mano a mano brawl, a Bierstadt-worthy sun ray moves through a mountain pass. The fleeting, stunning sight suggests a dying of light, a nation’s coming eclipse.
>>
File: 1434282965229.jpg (30 KB, 286x291) Image search: [Google]
1434282965229.jpg
30 KB, 286x291
>>64594565
I just did
>>
>>64594614
for you lol
>>
>>64594521
>>64594569
>>64594597

Uh oh.
>>
>>64594569
>>64594597

save us Armond
>>
>>64594614
But the way you post contradicts all of that
>>
>>64593872
concur
>>
File: UHOh.jpg (23 KB, 300x276) Image search: [Google]
UHOh.jpg
23 KB, 300x276
>>64594658
>>64594521
>>64594569
>>64594597
>>
File: gif31191.gif (735 KB, 378x305) Image search: [Google]
gif31191.gif
735 KB, 378x305
I have a very big cock, yeah. It feels good walking around, knowing that I have the biggest cock at any given time. In a room full of 1000 different people, my cock is larger than 999 of them, statistically speaking of course.

*sigh*

I just love the feeling of my big cock ramming womens pussys, it's so large that they can barely fit it into their mouths. My cock is so veiny and thick and hard that women would laugh at your dicklet if it was naked and you were standing beside my massive cock. Even when I'm not erect my penis is still larger than yours. I measured my big cock this morning, 9 full inches of hard 100% pure canadian meat. Girls love BIG fat canadian cocks more than anything in the world, more than diamonds or golden treasure buried under the sand in the Caribbean. My thick juicy cock is larger than any black Caribbean cock too, but that's besides the point. My cock is larger than yours, wow.. you dicklets will never know this... feeling, the feeling of stuffing a girl full of BIG cock meat. Or the feeling of possessing such power between your legs. ha. ha. ha.

yours truly
-Big Dick Master
>>
>>64594521
>>64594569
>>64594597

Pretentious dimfuckwitted crap. This is why I hate reviewers
>>
>>64595084
>it's an "Anon doesn't know what pretentious means" episode
>>
>>64593445
Sure, if you'd like to see two and a half hours of toxic masculinity on the big screen
>>
>>64595269
what compells you to make these facetious posts?
>>
>>64593950
>one of "those"
What? A patrician?
>>
>>64593445
I so the screener, and regreted it. might go see in theaters again for the visuals alone. It's fantastic
>>
>>64593872
>hurr grunts
stop parroting and come up with actual criticism
>>
>>64596908

Fuck off, Reddit.
>>
>>64594569
>>64594597
How the fuck did he shoehorned Obama and ISIS in there? damn, that nigga's delusional and project his politics way too often
>>
>>64594670
what? no it does not.

Its terminal then
>>
File: rust wut.jpg (9 KB, 251x229) Image search: [Google]
rust wut.jpg
9 KB, 251x229
>>64594731
>>
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 278x181
>>64593445
anyone else notice the huge internet hype everywhere? Articles constantly everywhere about how hard it was to film? Really pushing the viral marketing on this one
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.