[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The recent thread discussing Qui Gon Jinn had me interested in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
The recent thread discussing Qui Gon Jinn had me interested in revisiting the prequel trilogy just to learn a bit more about the universe and the ideas Lucas was trying to fit in.
Are the fan recuts / edits worth watching, or should I stick to the official editions?
>>
>An iconic image is chosen for each of the prequels
>Episode 3 gets a character who only got 30 seconds of screen time
>>
>>64591342

The episode is about the looming shadow of Vader
>>
>>64591342
>he's not wearing the suit the entire film
>how dare they use him on the cover
>>
>>64591370
By that logic, Episode 7 would get Luke, right?

Could you justify that?
>>
>>64591407
Episode 7 wasn't about the looming shadow of Luke
It was about the adventures of a spineless coward traitor.
>>
>>64591301
I would stick to the originals. The fan edits are opinions about what the editor likes and doesn't like, and I have found a single edit that I agree with 100%.

For instance, some people think the senate scenes are boring, but I personally love them. Squabbling in the galactic senate is one of my favorite aspects of the prequels. But I also watch a lot of C-SPAN. If Herschlag went on Capitol Hill and started arguing for giving Obama a 3rd term while wearing this outfit, I think I'd support her too.
>>
>>64591438
Luke was the only thing any of the characters could seem to talk about in that movie.
>>
File: SWTFA.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
SWTFA.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
>>64591407
>>64591438
It was about finding Luke, so having a shadow/silhouette of Luke looming in the background with Rey and Kylo in the foreground would fit perfectly. It'd be better than this crap.
>>
>>64591301
Watch the original official editions once and for all so you never have to again.

I did it before TFA because I haven't seen them in a long time and somewhere around that part in Attack Of The Clones where Anakin is eating a fucking pair I nearly died. Just what the fuck
>>
>>64591438
>spineless coward
>took on a dark user with a weapon he wasn't trained to use knowing he might die
>lead a team into hostile territory to save a cunt mary sue that ends up doing everything by herself at the end
>>
>>64591498
>in this outfit
>not this one

homo?
>>
>>64591407

Maybe, but Disney has no creative spirit probably just decided to spit everything out onto a poster
>>
>>64591637
Only fought Kylo because he would die if he ran
Only went to do that mission to avoid being shanked in the lunchline by the real rebels
>>
>>64591560
>And whenever Luke's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Luke?"
>>
>>64591342
Screentime doesn't matter, all the movies are about his transformation to the dark side, which is what the image symbolizes. You are either being a contrarian douchebag or are genuinely retarded.
>>
Maybe all Skywalkers go to the dark side, it's just a matter of time? Luke is Snoke. Wake up, banthas!
>>
>>64591792

Lol what is this a reference from, I can't remember. Simpsons?
>>
>>64592595
Poochie
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.