[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I thought you guys might like to see this letter I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 9
File: netflix-making-a-murderer.jpg (52 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
netflix-making-a-murderer.jpg
52 KB, 620x420
So I thought you guys might like to see this letter I'm sending to Andrew Colborn and James Lenk from the Making A Murderer documentary:

>To Andrew Colborn and James Lenk,

>I wanted to write this to let you know that there are people out there who support you and don’t believe the slanderous claims made against you in Making A Murderer. I figure that you may not be getting many letters of this nature, although I hope that I’m mistaken in that belief.

>Like many, I saw all the outrage online against your department and decided to watch the “documentary.” I kept an open mind while watching it. I am not someone who is blindly supportive of law enforcement. I have had unfavorable dealings with my own local law enforcement, but I believe I am a fair-minded person.

>However, as the “documentary” went on and the physical evidence against Steven Avery began to pile up, I became mystified that so many people were supporting this man. It’s one thing to suggest that law enforcement mishandled a case (which, I think, it would not be unfair to say happened with the Beerntsen case). It’s even another thing to suggest a law enforcement officer staged a piece of evidence or lied about something.

>But it’s a whole other thing to suggest that law enforcement officers would jeopardize their own lives and freedom taking the insane risk it would’ve required to plant the massive amount of physical evidence that was found against Steven Avery. And for what? To prevent a lawsuit that none of them would’ve been personally responsible for? That’s the motive I’m expected to believe a handful of law enforcements risked everything for?
>>
>But life is not a Hollywood movie and I don’t believe the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Department are a bunch of ninjas who are capable of pulling something like that off. I don’t believe for one second the accusations that you or anyone else in your department were toting around cremated remains, squirting DNA all over the place and moving vehicles in the dead of night. In fact, I am flabbergasted that anyone takes the accusations seriously at all.

>The bias of the “documentary” left a very bad taste in my mouth, so after watching I began looking into the case further and I was horrified to discover all that they had deliberately left out of it. The things they found on Avery’s property that they never mentioned (the palm pilot and phone, the license plate), the receptionist at Teresa’s office who said that Avery came to the door in a towel and unnerved her, the sweat-based DNA they found under the hood of the Rav4, etc.

>Worst of all, was the statements from the two women that claimed Avery raped them at his bail hearing. I was absolutely disgusted when I discovered that that in particular was omitted from the “documentary” and it’s what finally drove me to decide to write this letter.
>>
>This letter has gotten too long as it is, but I just wanted to tell you that I do not believe that you are the villains Making A Murderer made you out to be. I realize that James Lenk is no longer with your department, but if there is any way you could get a copy of this to him I would appreciate that greatly.

>I’m sorry as hell that you’ve been placed in this position for helping to put a cold-blooded killer behind bars where he belongs. I hope that with time the truth comes out and your reputations are exonerated.

>Sincerely,

>Muh Real Name
>>
what the actual fuck
>>
File: 1449536985588.png (386 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449536985588.png
386 KB, 600x600
>>64590468
>>64590494
>>64590526
Tldr
>>
File: 1444746939472.jpg (94 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1444746939472.jpg
94 KB, 650x488
>I saw a documentary so it must be true

Are you really this credulous? Do you believe every Michael Moore documentary too?
>>
This is well-crafted bait. Nice job, OP.
>>
>>64590908

Maybe you should take your ADD meds and actually read what I wrote.

I'm writing this letter AGAINST the hordes of people who blindly believed the documentary, not in support of it, dummy.
>>
>>64590919

Not bait. (Well, I admit, I'm going to enjoy seeing what you guys have to say.) But I literally am going to send this letter. It's COMPLETE horseshit the way those two officers are being demonized for a guy who has raped at least three women and killed one.
>>
>/tv/ being contrarian, the letter

In all seriousness though, although I don't doubt he did it, those two were fishy as fuck. You should ask Colborn to finally explain why he called in Teresa's car days before it was found.

And I don't think these two are being demonized NEARLY as much as Kratz or Brendan's original lawyer. I'm quite sure Colborn and Lenk don't give a shit about this doc since they know he's never getting out and i doubt it's affected their careers or lives very much, if at all.
>>
>>64591294

Lenk's retired apparently. And Kratz is a piece of shit and Lenk and Colborn shouldn't be lumped in with him.

I could take a guess about why he called in the car. I imagine Manitowoc found the car on the Avery property, but didn't want to call it in themselves for fear of the very accusation they got thrown at them (that they planted it), so they tipped off the search party where it was at.
>>
>>64591002
Hahhahahahhaahaahahaahahahaha this has to bait or you are the most retarded motherfucker I seen in a sec. You being this convinced of their innocence is very alarming and shows your inability to critically think or do any research - not to mention that you're being just as bad as blind Avery sympathizers. I urge you - no I implore you to use Google search and actually gather legitimate credible information instead of a very poorly written letter about a topic you seem to know fuck all about.
>>
>>64591413
Confirmed bait where the logic bro. endthread
>>
>>64591413
You do know that would mean they searched the property illegally, right?
>>
"its a /tv/ contrarian thread"
>>
>>64591503

No, it wouldn't. They were being allowed on the property at that point.
>>
>>64591425
>I urge you - no I implore you to use Google search and actually gather legitimate credible information instead of a very poorly written letter about a topic you seem to know fuck all about.

That's literally what I did.

So you think it's more likely that the super-ninja Manitowoc sheriff's department planted a MOUNTAIN of evidence...

Than a guy who has signed affidavits from two other women he raped saying so (presented at his bail hearing), who poured gasoline over a cat and threw it in a bonfire, who put a gun to his own female cousin's head in the middle of the road, that he was just the poor little victim of a massive police conspiracy to plant more evidence of a murder on his property than anyone could possibly do?

Yeah... I think it's pretty obvious which one of us is not using logic here.
>>
the bait is too easy to spot. you use correct grammar, big words and punctuation.
Its very obvious that the only people who would be on their side are too stupid to write a letter of this kind.
>>
>>64591577
Why would they care about accusations if it was legitimately found there? They could have just called it in well before it was found. The property would have become a crime scene that much sooner. It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>64591524

Believe it or not, I actually though 4chan would be less blindly believing the documentary than it's turning out so far.

I expect that sort of retarded shit from Reddit, but 4chan is usually at least a little better at being logical.
>>
>>64591641
Was SA convicted of those two raped women? The documentary left that information out, as you said
>>
File: 0591 - kl4vBcB.png (87 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
0591 - kl4vBcB.png
87 KB, 300x299
>writing someone a letter that does fuckall but remind them of the massive shithole they are in and will likely never get out of
>>
>>64591693
>Why would they care about accusations if it was legitimately found there?

People were raising a stink about them railroading Steven again right from the get go. Considering that he was likely guilty this time, they probably didn't want to do anything that would potentially jeopardize the case.

Or, there may be some completely innocuous explanation for calling in the license plate.

Him calling in a goddamn license plate sure as fuck doesn't outweigh the mountain evidence on Steve's property that would've taken some Hollywood style villains to plant without getting caught.

Or, you know, the fact that Steven Avery is confirmed to have raped TWO other women before this by their own signed affidavits.
>>
>>64591641
>MOUNTAIN of evidence...

A key, some bone fragments, a car, a palm pilot, some little spurts of dna, and one bullet? That could easily be done by just a few cops with all the time the had searching that property.

Not trying to argue with you, but saying its a MOUNTAIN of evidence and that the cops have to be 'super ninjas' makes you sound just as biased as those who are convinced he's innocent.
>>
>>64591750

No, charges were never even pressed. Both women claimed to be afraid of him and one explicitly stated in her affidavit that Steven told her he would kill her if she tried to press charges.

These rapes also happened before Steve was wrongly incarcerated for the Beernsten rape and is a large part of the reason the Manitowoc sheriff's department was so stubborn about not realizing Steven's innocence in that case, because they already KNEW he was a known rapist.
>>
>>64591793

You think it's reasonable that at least a handful of cops and forensics wonks were transporting human remains, moving vehicles, spraying blood and wiping sweat on items, and putting their lives and careers at complete risk with that insanity.

This is not something that could be done by one or even two persons. I hope you understand that. The bullet alone... It was confirmed ballistically to be fired from Steven's rifle. That means they had to somehow find a .22 bullet that Steven had shot on his property, take it and confirm with the techs that it was Steven's, then plant Teresa's DNA on it, then hide it back in Steven's garage and hope that the deputy who found it (who was from another county and didn't even work for Manitowoc) would find it. Either that, or you have to believe both counties had officers in on the framing and planting of evidence as well the forensics wonks.

It's just not believable. At some point you have to face reality and go, "Hey, you know what's way more likely? That this confirmed rapist killed this chick and burned her fucking body then stuck hid her SUV in the back of his salvage yard because he's an idiot with an IQ of 70 and didn't have a plan for dealing with it."
>>
>>64591786
Didn't say it outweighed any evidence. It's just extremely strange of a thing to do, it's definitely not standard operating procedure, and they could have potentially had evidence that would have otherwise been on-site destroyed or removed in the days between the plate call in and the vehicle actually being found.
>>64591831
That doesn't make him a "known rapist" if he wasn't convicted. It makes him a reasonable suspect, yes, but that's not how the justice system works. You have a dangerous level of thinking, if you think that accusations equate fact.
>>
>>64591793
Man, the "cops framed me" defense is pretty solid.

Bloody knife found in your house? Cops framed me, they put it there. Bullet casings on the floor of your car? Cops framed me, they put them there. Pipe bombs in your shed? Cops framed me, they put them there.

Doesn't matter how unrealistic it is, the cops COULD have done it.
>>
>>64591939
>>64591939
>confirmed rapist

wut. Face it, the cops were still corrupt as fuck. Why even have them search the property when there's such a massive conflict of interest in them doing so?
>>
>>64591955
>Didn't say it outweighed any evidence. It's just extremely strange of a thing to do

Well, again, we don't know why he called it in, and he claims to not remember. Who knows. It doesn't mean he was definitely looking at the car by any stretch, though.

>That doesn't make him a "known rapist" if he wasn't convicted. It makes him a reasonable suspect, yes, but that's not how the justice system works. You have a dangerous level of thinking, if you think that accusations equate fact.

It's not a lone accusation.

It's two accusations from two separate women, against a criminal who's known to burn animals to death for shits and giggles and who's own cousin said he was waving his dick at her from the side of the road. So yeah, I think it's credible.
>>
>>64592039
he burned one cat when he was a stupid kid. Everybody makes mistakes lol
>>
>>64591991

Don't necessarily disagree there. They almost blew the whole case by sticking their noses in.

I imagine, though, knowing that he had raped before (which the documentary conveniently leaves out) they were probably just a little too fucking eager to make sure this piece of shit got locked up this time.

But again, I agree, they should've stayed the fuck out of it and let Calumet County handle it.
>>
>>64591939
>It was confirmed ballistically to be fired from Steven's rifle.

Ballistics showed it was from a .22 rifle.
>>
>>64592083

He poured gasoline on a cat and threw it in a bonfire at 20 years old.

20 fucking years old.

That's not being a "stupid kid." That's a fucking psycho.
>>
>>64591939
I do think he did it, but I'm in the camp that believes the cops 'helped' him along to be convicted. I think he was definitely targeted and the department really wanted to make sure they seized the opportunity to make this lawsuit go away. As in didn't outright frame him, but planted or tampered with at least some of the evidence to ensure a conviction.

But mostly I think that, whether Avery is guilty or not, the police department is corrupt as fuck and that Colborn and Lenk don't deserve your sympathy.
>>
Someone actually wrote all that shit just to be an edgy contrarian on /tv/

I've got some advise for you, stop watching TV and films, it's clearly having too big of an effect on you, the documentary is entertainment. Yes it might ruin lives but who cares? peoples lives get ruined for entertainment all the time.
>>
>>64592139
>He poured gasoline on a cat
source?
>>
>>64592139
meh. It's wrong, but it's just a cat lol who cares
>>
>>64592039
I didn't say it's not credible, either. It's still not a conviction, he's not serving time for it, and it doesn't make him a known rapist. I suspect, however, you will continue to call him a known rapist, which shows a level of bias no different than a "steven dindo" supporter. All things aside, Steven really did probably do it, but the entire case was a circus show that brings to light shady shit that cops can do.
>>64592179
He admitted to burning the cat at a bonfire party. I think someone else actually poured it, he just tossed it in.
>>
How did colborn know about the license plate.
>>
>>64592139

Kerosene not gasoline
>>
>>64592133

No, that is incorrect. It was matched specifically to Steven Avery's rifle in particular which the police had in evidence from just a few days after Teresa died.
>>
>>64592099
and so that makes them bad and likely corrupt cops and your letter pretty darn autistic and stupid
>>
>>64592139
He's white, so we make a bunch of excuses for him.
>>
>>64592179

He literally talks about it in the documentary, dude. It's not a point of debate for anybody on either side.
>>
>>64592222
>It was matched specifically to Steven Avery's rifle

Nope. Just a .22 rifle. Don't know where your getting your information from but it's wrong.
>>
>>64592222
>have rifle in evidence
>impossible for it to have been "test fired" and the bullet recovered then planted
it was found months later bro
>>
>>64592216

The entire department had her vehicle make and license plate. The oddness was just that he called it in. But there may be some totally innocuous explanation for that.

Lenk claimed he didn't really remember but that he thought he was confirming it because he had just been given the plate number from Fassberger (who was from a different county). Not implausible at all.
>>
OP, do you think it is CERTAIN that Avery killed her or just "likely" that he killed her? There is a huge difference.

I think its unlikely the cops framed him but I cannot eliminate this possibility. From the perspective of due process, I think the jury trial on police in this case need extra scrutiny.
>>
>>64592256
It also has nothing to do with the case. That's like using Kratz's sexting shit as an argument against the prosecution
>>
>>64592246

That makes them idiots, not corrupt. I don't believe they planted evidence. Nor is there any evidence they did that. Just a bunch of fanciful "Well, it COULD have happened this way..." if the stars aligned just right and magic were real.
>>
>>64592323
>tfw kratz won't sext u back
>>
>>64592256
I don't recall him every saying he poured gasoline on it.
>>
It's amazing people are still fighting for these people to get new trials when all appeals have been exhausted AND the governor Cunt Walker won't pardon him. It's a lost cause yet you still put time into it.
>>
>>64592282

Again, there were two counties involved here.

Manitowoc had the rifle in evidence. A Calumet officer is the one who found the bullet.

So, now you're bringing in even more officers in on this little frame job.

And that's just this one thing. Can't you see how that strains credibility?
>>
>>64592323
>It also has nothing to do with the case

Burning a cat alive is pretty clear sign of psychotic behavior.
>>
>>64592337
What about the lack of her dna on the key?
And the fact that they missed its obvious placement, even after it fell from behind the cabinet?
>>
>>64592307

I don't have any reasonable doubt and I would have zero problem convicting him.

Do think the murder necessarily happened like Kratz said? Nope, not at all, but Steven clearly killed her. It's not plausible for them to have planted all that evidence. It's just not.

Then you have the circumstancial and character stuff, and the fact that there were statements from two other women that Steven raped.

I mean, if he's not guilty, he's the guiltiest looking innocent man on the entire planet.
>>
>>64592385

No kidding. All these armchair activists signing petitions and tweeting as if it'll do anything. This shit's gonna die down before too long and Steven and Brendan will still be rotting in prison with everyone having forgot about them

Free Brendan[/spoiler}
>>
>>64590468
>>64590494
>>64590526
tl;dr fuck off m7
>>
>>64592438

It was a spare key so it's possible Teresa had never (or very rarely) come into contact with it. And as the lab tech said, not everyone is a "shedder" when it comes to DNA from their skin.
>>
>>64592476

Steven and Brendan are the new Kony 2012

>StevieBree2016
>>
>>64592427
And sexting a rape victim whose case you're prosecuting is a pretty clear sign of a very low moral standing. But neither have anything to do with the case.
>>
>>64592323
>burning a cat alive
>statements from two other rape victims
>not relevant

well hello reddit
>>
>>64592545
>talking about the defendant
>bring up prosecution

top fucking kek m80 way to shift the argument
>>
>>64592514
Do you think brendan was just a low iq retard who dug himself in a hole, or did he try to save face at the end.

Also how would Steve of gotten her spare key/why would he even keep it next to his bed/why would he place evidence so close to his house. Assuming hes not a retard of course
>>
>>64592545
>burning a cat alive
>nothing to do with a case about a psychopathic crime

hello there reddit
>>
>>64592469
>the fact that there were statements from two other women that Steven raped.

whats this about, wasnt in the show right?
>>
>>64592337
The fact that someone obviously accessed his blood in the case files made me seriously doubt the cops.

I'm not saying Avery is innocent, but it really looks like the cops tampered with the evidence...In which case the trial wasn't fair to begin with.

Also not sure why Avery wouldn't just confess if he did it. He didn't deny burning his cat...
>>
Also what would even be his motive, after serving 18 years for something he didnt even do, and placing evidence in such obvious spots. I dont even think a lazy backtown hick would do something like that
>>
>>64592597

Brendan is a harder matter. He was definitely pulling some shit straight from his ass for the detectives, but there was also testimony they left out of the documentary from him about Steven molesting him and other things.

I would have a hard time convicting him, but I suspect that he at least saw something.
>>
>>64592638

Nope, wasn't in the show. It was presented at his 85 rape trial at his bail hearing. Statements from two other women (one underage) that claim he raped them.

The documentary makes it out like the sheriffs department was just psychotically trying to prosecute him for that rape (that he didn't commit) for no reason, but it was for a reason. They knew he had pulled shit like that and they honestly thought he was guilty as fuck for it.
>>
>>64592682
Not saying he's guilty, but he would not be the kind of killer that needs a motive.

Someone who burns cats and drives people off the road has some serious psychological issues. Something could just set him off, without a good reason.
>>
>>64592658
>The fact that someone obviously accessed his blood in the case files made me seriously doubt the cops.

The thing is, it's not, though.

The thing about the dot of blood was horseshit. Other lab techs have come out and said that that happens sometimes. Also, the tops of those little vials come right off. There would be no reason to puncture the vial anyway. And why wouldn't a cop take half a second to wipe it off?

The evidence seal being broken is likely just mundane fuck-up. It was evidence from a decades old case that was now irrelevent because Steven had been exonerated. And they were probably just not as careful about the chain of custody on it as they should have been.
>>
>>64592632
This. Whether or not he actually murdered that girl, he's at least finally serving a just punishment for burning a cat alive.
>>
I felt the most sick about the number of low IQ retards he spawned. Her have 10+ if they didn't lock him up all those years.

I kekked when they showed all his kids school picture
>wife's son looks normal
>his four potatoes look barely sentient
>>
The fact is that people that committed criminal acts is free and working as attorneys/judges/police officers while a retarded man rots in jail because he is way too retarded for his own good.

Steven did it, but they couldn't prove it with real evidence, so he should also be free.
>>
>>64592798
But anon, the evidence close to his house. Why.
>>
>>64592682

He's a cat-burning psycho who had raped at least two other women (according to their affidavits). There were also affidavits from his fellow prisoners that said he drew pictures of a rape chamber he planned to build if he ever got out.

Rapists gonna rape, man. And the guy has an IQ of 70 (stated in the documentary).
>>
>>64592826
>This. Whether or not he actually murdered that girl, he's at least finally serving a just punishment for burning a cat alive.

Hey the redditors are leaking from their containment board again
>>
Wait... who did Avery rape? Did all of you just ignore the first episode where it was proven he didn't rape anybody? Or are you all retarded?
>>
>>64592858
>I know this man is guilty
>But there's missing evidence so set him free

Top cuck. Spoken like a true pleb who doesn't understand the purpose of the prison system.
>>
>>64592826
>Weighing the life of an animal in equity with that of a human

Fucking reddit. LEAVE!
>>
>>64592916
Read the last 10 responses.

No one posted source though.
>>
>>64592881
>>64592956
ITT: people that were still shitting their pants when Dusty happened.
>>
>>64592916

At his 85 rape trial (the one he actually didn't do against Penny Peernsten) two women submitted signed affidavits claiming Steven had also raped them, one underage and claiming Steven threatened to kill her if she prosecuted him.

Those rapes, dude.

Also, Steven threatened to kill and mutilate his wife via letters to his children from prison. Forgot to mention that little nugget.

The guy is a fucking psycho.
>>
>>64592986

I bet you're a pussy vegan too
>>
>>64593021
Project more, faggot. I've got a freezer full of venison.
>>
>>64590526
>>64590494
>>64590468
A U T I S M
U T I S M
T I S M
I S M
S M
M
>>
>>64593016
post a source
>>
File: 1438408917218.gif (80 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1438408917218.gif
80 KB, 250x250
>>64590526
>I do not believe that you are the villains Making A Murderer made you out to be

Is this a troll?
>>
>>64593016
What if those letters were purely written out of spite. With no evidence to back it up.
>>
>>64592959
>No one posted source though.

Here's source on the two other rapes:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DmAcSlCboBcJ:www.postcrescent.com/article/99999999/APC0101/603090633/DA-says-Avery-planned-torture+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

>The filings also include statements from a woman, now 41, who said she was raped by Avery, who told her "if she yelled or screamed there was going to be trouble."

>There also is an affidavit from a girl who said she was raped by Avery.

This was from his bail hearing. There's a few more details scattered here and there about it on the web if you Google.
>>
>>64590468
>>64590494
>>64590526
>>64591030
>>64591641
>>64591704
>>64591786
>>64591831
>>64591939
>>64592039
>>64592296
>>64592469

Hey Mike Halbach. Is this your first time on 4chan or have you heard about it before?
>>
>>64593016
>The guy is a fucking psycho.

It's amazing how much your tone has changed since the OP. It's almost as if you're trying to troll the fuck out of everyone.
>>
>>64593129

See:

>>64593145
>>
>>64593140
>What if those letters were purely written out of spite. With no evidence to back it up

And what if police and lab techs from two different counties all decided to get together and pile a shitload of fake evidence on one guy?

You have to look at the totality of the evidence. Prior rape claims, confirmed animal torturer, violent behavior against a female relative with a gun, threats to mutilate his wife via his children, and a mountain of fucking evidence on his property.

At some point, you need to be reasonable and say, "You know, it's way more likely that this piece of shit just killed this chick."
>>
hate to say it because op is clearly an autistic faggot but hes making some pretty good points
>>
Brendan Dassey is almost without a doubt 1,000% innocent and absolutely should be released which seems likely now that a federal judge is examininy his case to determine if his civil rights were infringed (which they were)

Steve Avery is probably guilty. The documentary was extremely misleading on a lot of counts. Steve Avery harassed the shit out of Teresa Halbach, most notably when he approached her completely nude wearing only a towel to cover up his genitals. Also, two women have come forward to admit that he violently raped them, one of whom was a little girl at the time. Also, Brendan Dassey told his mother in one of their phone calls a very specific instance where Avery molested his brother Brian and told her how Avery would try to grab his penis when they wrestled.
>>
>>64592139
He was just drinking with the guys and negging it on
>>
I just can't grasp how Americans still think their justice system is anything but a gigantic joke.

I don't give a fuck about the outcome, I was just raging at the idiocy of the american justice system during the whole documentary.

A jury? Of random incompetent and easily influenceable people? Jesus I could probably turn the majority of the average american retard jury in my favour just by trolling them until they aren't comfortable in the presence of me and the other people anymore and bend over to get the "duty" over with.
>>
>>64593393

I actually think there's a good chance Brendan was involved (or at least saw something) because there was weird testimony they left out of the documentary from him, too, stuff about Steven molesting him and stuff.

However, the fuckery from the detectives with Brendan was so goddamn blatant that guilty or not his conviction should be thrown the fuck out because it's completely unusable.
>>
>>64593393
>a federal judge is examininy his case

false.
>>
Why didn't they find more blood or any finger prints? No traces of bleach either.

He's smart enough to remove any traces of blood (nearly...) or finger prints but not smart enough to crush the car or throw away the key?
>>
>>64593458
Yes, his verbal IQ was tested at 67 which places him as functionally retarded, he should not have been interrogated without a lawyer and psychologist. I don't blame the cops, there is a HUGE public lack of mental illness in this country (and around the world). With that kind of language related developmental disability he no doubt had no idea the circumstances he found himself in. The cops probably didn't know a single fucking thing about psychology or learning disabilities and is that really their fault? They're cops not academics.
>>
>>64593527
Look it up
>>
>>64593560

It doesn't take a criminal mastermind to put down a drop cloth before you shoot someone. Hell, even a 3 dollar roll of painter's plastic from Walmart would work.

It was also a .22 caliber bullet, which doesn't leave the kind of explosive splatter the defense was suggesting.

Here's a .22 bullet wound for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5vcX-3T3Q

As for crushing the car, that's nothing something he could've done without the rest of his family (who all lived within sight) noticing. It's normally a two man job to crush a car. And he'd still have to do something with crushed car, drive it off somewhere with a fork lift, because it could potentially still be identified as hers.

My guess is he either planned to cut it up with a cutting torch manually (which would be very time consuming but less conspicuous) or he just had no fucking plan at all for dealing with it because he's an IQ 70 near-retard so he just did the only thing he could do and hid it at the back of the property for the time being.
>>
>>64593701

I did. No federal judge has stated their looking at this shitfest.
>>
>>64590468
>>64590494
>>64590526

Dude, I understand where you're coming from with Avery's history and everything, but you've got to admit the case is suspicious as fuck.

I think the biggest thing for me was the lack of blood anywhere. No spatter. No trails. Or is the real theory that wasn't show in the doc that he killed her in the car and was able to stop a huge amount of blood flow?

I don't know, man. I tend to side on the, "there's no way this is a giant conspiracy" side, too. But...I mean...come on. You have to understand why it looks fucky.
>>
>>64593755

He's actually not wrong. Some innocence project out of Chicago has filed a lawsuit for wrongful imprisonment and the judge is looking at it. They haven't made a decision as far as I know.
>>
>>64593560
I think you can make a reasonable argument that the cops planted evidence and knew ahead of time about the RAV 4 being on the property (Colbourm dispatch call) but there is really no way anybody but Avery could have killed her.
>>
>>64593776

The lack of blood doesn't bother me at all. Like I said, small .22 caliber bullet, doesn't leave much splatter. Kill her on a drop cloth or a bunch of tarps in the garage, wrap her up and drag her out to the burn pit, boom, done, no blood.
>>
>>64593864
But what about the throat cutting, beating, rope burns...

She wouldn't have gone down without a fight. This wasn't a skilled execution.

There are legitimate doubts all over this case... The blood, the story of Brendan, the car.

There doesn't have to be a huge conspiracy..It could just be Lenk covering his ass to make sure Avery gets convicted.
>>
>>64593864
He probably didnt kill her in the garage, likely killed her outside after a struggled, picked up her body and put in the RAV 4 and drove over to the fire pit and likely tried to dispose of her there or maybe near the Quarry pit away from his house initially.

Why didn't he scrap the car or use the smelter? Who knows, the guy is literally retarded. Also, he and his roommate in prison talked about disposing of bodies and settled on fire being the best way. True story. The guys a retarded rapist
>>
>>64590468
>To prevent a lawsuit that none of them would’ve been personally responsible for?
Are you stupid or something? They make a point in the film to mention that the insurance company refuses to cover the 36 million (or whatever) dollar settlement because of his previous false conviction, meaning the city (aka taxpayers) and the individual officers would be liable.
>>
>>64594020
>But what about the throat cutting, beating, rope burns..

Who knows if that shit even happened, man. No question, Brendan Dassey was pulling at least some of that shit directly from his ass and being led by the detectives.

If you take Brendan Dassey out of the equation, all you can say from the evidence is that Avery likely killed her in the garage, then burned her in the burn pit. There's no evidence he even raped her (although why else would he kill her). The evidence he killed her is rock solid, though.
>>
>>64593731
Yeah, the banality of evil

>"Why didn't he use the smelter and crusher?!?!?!"

Because by all accounts he was a lazy, sexual sadist who probably just figured he'd have time to get around to it later
>>
>>64594121
>Are you stupid or something? They make a point in the film to mention that the insurance company refuses to cover the 36 million (or whatever) dollar settlement because of his previous false conviction, meaning the city (aka taxpayers) and the individual officers would be liable.

No, but you may be because you didn't understand my point.

Everybody says Colborn and Lenk helped frame Avery because of the lawsuit. But Colborn and Lenk weren't even the subject of the lawsuit. They were just two officers working there. It wouldn't have been money out of their pocket, just the county's. At worst they might have lost their jobs due to budget cuts. Hardly a reason to pull some psycho ninja evidence planting that could've gotten them in huge shit.
>>
>>64593828

>but there is really no way anybody but Avery could have killed her.

Well that's a bit of a stretch. I read somewhere that the defense knew about 4 other suspects that they weren't allowed to bring up at the trial, and the cops had a 5th that just came out recently or something.
>>
>>64594132
>Avery likely killed her in the garage, then burned her in the burn pit.
Why did they find bone fragments at the rock quarry then?
>>
>>64590468
OP Your thoughts on him leaving the evidence near his house and in his room? Dont dodge this again, what do you think?
>>
>>64594020
Even though Avery did own shackles, ropes, restraints and BDSM shit none of her DNA was found on it. He probably tried to rape her and failed and just shot her in the head point blank.
>>
>>64594066

Entirely possible. He could've killed her at the quarry (they found burned remains there too) and then retrieved the bullet from the burned remains, then just chucked it into the garage thinking there would be no DNA because of the fire.

I tend to think he killed her in the garage, though. I can't see him transporting her to the quarry alive.
>>
Someone tl;dr the last 2 eps.
Do they ever test more of the blood samples for that preservative?
>>
Just a general question here. Why the hell would the jury not find Steven guilty on mutilation.

And then give the mutilation count on Dassey.
Were these people really that unsure?
>>
>>64594218

May have been in the process of removing them and/or did a sloppy job. There was a forensic tech who testified she believed the remains appeared to be moved from the burn pit to the quarry and not the other way around.
>>
>>64594204
Nah, the gun used to kill her was definitely Avery's though. The bullet with her DNA on it, beyond any doubt, came from that gun and there is no reason to believe anybody but him had access to it
>>
>he doesnt know about Ken "The Prize" Kratz
>>
>>64594218
perhaps he panicked that his family would notice the bones in the burn pit, so he took the ashes to the rock quarry.

Ofcourse, being the absolute 70 IQ madman, he only took half of the bones, and he didn't even make the effort to dispose of them outside of their land.
>>
>>64594230

Not dodging. He's got an IQ of 70. I don't think he had a plan for dealing with the vehicle (the crusher would've been conspicuous and family would've noticed). The burned remains, same thing. He appeared to be in the process of transferring them to the quarry, though.

I mean, it's about what you'd expect from a guy with a near-retard level IQ. People keep pointing to the lack of blood, but even a dummy can figure out to lay down a drop cloth before you shoot someone unless you want blood everywhere. He just didn't appear to be smart enough to deal with all the other stuff.
>>
>>64594293
They're still waiting for the technology to catch up.
The tests just aren't reliable enough
>>
>>64594293

No.
>>
>>64594301
Two different juries, presented with different evidence, and not allowed to consider evidence from the other trial.
>>
>>64594301

It was a stupid compromise the jurors made. Some wanted to acquit entirely, some refused believing he was guilty. So they agreed to charge him on the murder and acquit on the mutilation.

Stupid, but that's what they said afterwards anyway.
>>
>>64594301
The jury was probably divided and the "not guilty" on mutilation could've been a compromise, although that makes zero sense.

Mutilation count on Dassey was an entirely different jury.
>>
>>64594446
>Stupid, but that's what they said afterwards anyway.

[citation needed]

You people really suck at sourcing shit.
>>
>>64594501

It was in the documentary, one of the later episodes, like 7 or 8.
>>
>>64594386
Wasn't it his job to work the crusher? Why would that be conspicuous.

>but even a dummy can figure out to lay down a drop cloth

That would implicate that this was all planned pretty well. I don't think he's that skilled.
>>
So guys

Did OJ do it?
>>
>>64594615
Almost certainly.
>>
>>64594615
He's black, what do you think?

Of course he dindu nuffin.
>>
Why the fuck would you write a letter to a person in a documentary? Just watch the movie and move on. Do you really have to insert yourself into the story so that you feel important?

Are you 6 years old?
>>
>>64595072
This. I just read this whole thread. For your sake Letterbro, I hope you are just some insecure 16 year old obsessing and rambling on the internet. We can all sit around and debate this case, but you miss the point of the doc and the legal system if you think that you can KNOW what happened that day.

You are far too invested, you argue like your fucking life depends on it. You should ask yourself why you need to prove that you're right about this?
>>
>>64595676
>he doesn't know that dedicated autistic contrarianism is normal here

hello reddit
>>
File: broken.png (934 KB, 1023x728) Image search: [Google]
broken.png
934 KB, 1023x728
>he thinks they are going to give slightest inkling of a fuck what he thinks
>especially when they're knee-deep in fresh media scrutiny
>>
More documentaries like this please.
>>
>>64595881
I'm going to respond here for the sake of addressing this response as a whole on this board.

I sift through the contrarianism for the few insightful and intelligent thoughts and arguments I occasionally read on /tv/. And regardless of how prevalent dumb comments and posters are on 4chan, I'm never going to act like they aren't dumb, just because they are on 4chan. Everyone's free to be embarrassingly obsessed with a single-court-case-turned-documentary on the internet, but no matter where you post your impassioned white knight letter, 4chan or Facebook, it's still dumb.
>>
File: qtlaywer.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
qtlaywer.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>Making A Murderer

more like Making QTs
>>
File: qtreporter.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
qtreporter.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>64597426
>>
Letterbro is the hero MaM threads need.

Too much conspiracy bullshit and "reasonable doubt" memes clogging the pipes.
>>
So nig nog then
>>
>>64597426
why is she so perfect?
>>
File: savory002.jpg (196 KB, 950x588) Image search: [Google]
savory002.jpg
196 KB, 950x588
>>64599225
rabbit teeth bro
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.