[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why this is considered superior to ALIEN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: MPW-87199.jpg (60 KB, 500x773) Image search: [Google]
MPW-87199.jpg
60 KB, 500x773
Can someone explain to me why this is considered superior to ALIEN?
>>
>>64587194
It's not.
>>
>>64587194
people have different tastes: Horror or Action? You decide.

Now delete this trash.
>>
>>64587194

they do?
>>
>>64587194

Nostalgia babbies sucking Cameron's teet becuase le 90s kids remember him
>>
>>64587194
Alien
Aliens: For Plebs
Alien3 : Now with edgy people
Alien Resurrection: Because we almost fucked it up with the last one
Prometheus: Oh, we forgot to explain the first part
Alien (Covenant): the Remake
>>
>>64587194
I like action and space marines. I also enjoyed seeing lots of aliens and a Queen. Its personal preference. Alien is still god tier. Aliens is just more fun.
>>
>>64587194
Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 = Prometheus >> A:R >>> AvP >>> AvP:R
>>
>>64587194
The truth is that without Aliens, nobody would remember Alien. Aliens made this a franchise.

Alien was just one of many slasher films out there, but with Star Wars level fx and lovely cinematography.

Aliens expanded the idea tenfold, brought thematic depth, added soul into it.
>>
>>64587568

Had me til Prometheus
>>
>>64587610
the only good thing of aliens is that space marines get rekt really hard. They go like "HELL YEAH AMERICA ###1 LET'S KILL THIS BASTARDS" and then aliens fuck their shit up in 2 seconds
>>
Alien is the ultimate plebtest.

It's dumbass slasher film with cardboard characters and Mary Sue as a protagonist, but it's pretentious cinematography makes plebs drool. You might check out the rest of filmography Ridley Scott's filmography if you believe it's anything more.

Aliens is the real deal though.
>>
>>64587194
They're both great in different ways.
>>
>>64587883
aliens ripley is mary sue, alien ripley is fucking useless.
>>
>>64587924

Don't justify Alien to a fucking mong. Let him continue thinking what he thinks and maybe he'll sip on some bleach because he likes the smell
>>
>>64587792
They never referenced Amercia
>>
File: 1-The-Chemical-Brothers-Go.jpg (83 KB, 800x413) Image search: [Google]
1-The-Chemical-Brothers-Go.jpg
83 KB, 800x413
>>64587226
>>64587519
>>64587224
>>64587560
>>64587568
>>64587610
>>64587627
Reddit pls GO
>>
>>64587792
That made it good and bad. Good because of your reasons, but bad because it made Weavers character less believable as someone who could fight and kill Aliens.
>>
>>64588112

Besides the fact that they're United States Colonial Marines?

Literally the USMC but IN SPACE.
>>
>>64587560
I didn't see it until I was 14, and I'm 25. Go suck a dick Gen Z teenage tryhard. I bet you think Starship Troopers is also shit.

All these redditors have really fucked up this board, not that it wasn't fucked before. You can tell by the memes in their posts and their constant rapid posting, as well as reddit-tier opinions. You hate Cameron, so therefore all his works are shit. I bet you hate T2 as well.
>>
>>64588345
what? titanic and avatar are certified trash.
>>
>>64588163
Not really, i didn't like the movie as much as alien one, but it has been explained that she was the only one in the crew that actually had experiences with the xenomorphs, i mean that's why they want her to go, while most marines didn't even know what they were fighting against.
>>
I only watched Alien desu, is Aliens and Prometheus worth it?
>>
>>64587194
Aliens is a better action movie than Alien is a horror movie.
>>
>>64587224
/thread
>>
>>64587194
Alien has awkward scenes that are trying to be like 2001 a space odyssey: The android fliips out. The lights in the computer room.
The camera work in Alien is not as good as Aliens. Alien is kind of dated like a 70s scifi nobody wants to watch anymore. It did have some scares, but that is all.

With Aliens you get more story on Ripley. You have a new story with more characters. The stakes are higher. They are stuck on a new planet that they've never entered before, rather than a space ship, which every scifi seems to takes place on.

The ending scenes of Aliens has some of the best special effects of all time. You kind of think the movie is over, but then it hits you with this new, amazing action sequence.

Ripley is a better character and better actress in Aliens. In Alien, she is kind of a nobody-woman. The same thing happened with Sarah Connor in Terminator.

I could go on and on, but I think Aliens was more original and I think all the characters were formed and acted better. The scares are not quick-jump. They are like a long nightmare as waves of the aliens take them out.
>>
>>64587636
>nobody would remember Alien
I am really wondering if you actually think this is true.
>>
File: onkelbob.jpg (8 KB, 165x163) Image search: [Google]
onkelbob.jpg
8 KB, 165x163
>>64588603
10/10 on the plebeian scale. Congrats!
>>
>>64588603

Jesus Christ Jackie Boy
>>
>>64587194
neither is superior. they're both good for different reasons.
>>
>>64588394
That's some reddit-heavy opinions, friend. Avatar hasn't been topped in visuals yet, and Titanic caused real men to get teary. Sure it wasn't Saving Private Ryan-tier, but the waterworks weren't restricted to women. Anyways, how old are you? Late teenage years? Got your opinions before you saw the movies themselves? That's ok, my 12 year old brother thought T2 and Aliens and Cameron was shit due to him being a redditor and never seeing his movies before. Changed his tune after I showed him Aliens and T2. Planning on showing him True Lies and Titanic once his balls drop. Can't enjoy Titanic until then, I know I didn't. Kids don't like shit until they grow up a bit. I didn't like KOTH until I was 13, for example.
>>
>>64588428
You forgot to add that Ripley only went back into the hive to get Newt, which is due to the fact that she saw her as the daughter she left behind. The whole movie has a motherhood theme.
>>
>>64588394
>number 1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever
>trash
>>
>>64588918
You don't need the stupid backstory to catch that tho. It is perfectly fine without the DC,
>>
>>64587194

alien: generic slasher flick set in space
aliens: innovative action movie with a lot of atmospheric horror interspersed throughout.
>>
>>64589003
Fair enough. It emphasizes the themes though, like with Hudson on the drop to the colony acting all macho with the military tech.
>>
>>64589125
Alien is anything but generic. Jesus
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.