[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Man 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: Iron Man 3.png (2 MB, 1155x1600) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man 3.png
2 MB, 1155x1600
Would it be better if Favreau directed it?

Iron Man was great
Iron Man 2 was on par in my opinion
>>
>>64586695
>Iron Man 2 was on par in my opinion

your opinion is terrible
>>
The main problem with Iron Man 2 and 3 was the lack of a good antagonist.
>>
Iron man is the only marvel capeshit I can rewatch
But on the topic about iron man 3, the ending didn't really matter because tony goes back to being ironman in avengers 2
So wtf
>>
>>64586720
It seems like a meme to hate IM2 that much, what was SO bad about it?
>>
>>64586695
>Iron Man 2 was on par
I think it was stuck in a bunker actually.
>>
Can anyone explain why they hated Iron Man 3 without mentioning the Mandarin twist?

I'm sure some of you can, but you'll just be giving superficial pleb reasons like
>"The suit breaks apart too easily."
>"He doesn't spend enough time in the Iron Man suit."
>"There was a little kid in it. Little kids are annoying and shouldn't be in movies."
>>
>>64586991
Kid actor scenes
>>
>>64586695

I actually agree Iron Man 2 was pretty awesome. Overstuffed, but way better than the frustratingly dull 3.
>>
>>64587039
Superficial pleb reasons, just like I predicted.

Anybody want to surprise me by giving a legit reason?
>>
>>64587073
>list why IM3 wasn't as good
>but don't mention reasons why it wasn't good because nuh-nuh!
>>
>>64586991
My problem is tone. The. Movie does some pretty serious shit for a marvel movie (a terrorist killing people on tv, terrorist attacks) but while all that is heppening, there are bits of humorous stuff that clashes with the whole thing. This happens in full when the mandarin thing happens. The problem isn't the reveal, it's that it turns the movie SUPER goofy afterward and the stuff with all the iron suits coming together feels like something they should've used when tony wanted to save his girlfriend in the beginning
>>
Iron Man 1 = Film

Iron Man 2 = Flick

Iron Man 3 = Cinéma
>>
>>64586991
There aren't any real reasons to hate Iron man 3. It's one of the best Marvel movies
>>
>>64587134
>Iron Man 1
Film
>Iron Man 2
Photoplay
>Iron Man 3
Flick
>Avengers
Flick
>Avengers 2
Flick
>Avengers 3 Part 1
Cinema
>Avengers 3 Part 2
Kinography
>>
>>64586790
I've seen it twice and I cant remember much about it other than it was dull as dull can be.
>>
>>64586695
You actually liked iron man 2: the Tony and pepper show? How?
>>
>>64587171
>>64587184
There was enough Iron Man show besides Tony and Pepper themselves

IM3 is FULL of Tony and Pepper with LITTLE to no Iron Man stuff but it gets a pass for some reason
>>
Iron man 1 is good.

Iron Man 2 is garbage. The autist on this board asking if anyone can explain why its bad should try watching the film again. It's so disjointed and nothing works at all. It was confirmed to have tons of studio interference and even the people who made the film hate it.

I unironically think Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man film. Fucking reddit nerds complain about the pretty crazy twist in the film because their outdated racist villain "that they totally knew about before the film came out" wasn't authentically put on film. I've seen people say they were so excited by the trailer because he seemed so menacing but anyone with half a brain watches the trailer and thinks wow this bad guy looks generic as fuck. Then they spin it on its head. The actual villain in the film was okay but should have been a bigger threat to aid the twist. And the kid scenes are great because its a ironic twist on the shoehorned kid scenes. Tony barely cares about him and the kid actively trys to seem cute to get sympathy.
> "You're just going to leave me"
> long pause, zooming into tony's face
> "yep"
> Drives away
Fucking based

However the plot whole in 3 is pretty glaring and tony not having to be in the suit in that one scene was kind of lame.
>>
>>64587248
>IM3
>best
Opinion discarded, reddit. Twist was stupid.
>>
>>64587248
>"that they totally knew about before the film came out"
You should read some Iron Man comics, Reddit.
>>
>>64587248
>Fucking reddit nerds

dropped
>>
>>64587281
>>64587312
>>64587341
same fag
>>
>>64587248
Agree but I think 1 is still best movie
>>
>>64586756
Pretty much this, they had a good one going with Ben Kingsley in IM3 for a while then decided to do that stupid twist and use a really boring guy to play the real Mandarin.
>>
>>64587168
How can one anon be so pleb? Every Marvel movie is terrible outside of special effects entertainment. There'should zero substance. The acting is CW drama tier. You, sir, disgust me.
>>
>>64587978
>sir
i agree, but cmon'
>>
>>64587978
>CW drama tier
But anon, Flash show has two pretty good actors

Flash himself - Grant Gustin and Prof Zoom - Tom Cavanagh

Gustin has a huge potential. I'd prefer him as the upcoming movie Flash to be honestly.
>>
>>64588114
pls go
>>
>>64586783

blame cuck whedon.
>>
>>64586695
You can tell Iron man 3 was all about catering to children and teens.

Much like guardians of the galaxy
>>
File: 4671604-5809626427-Aldri.jpg (31 KB, 511x773) Image search: [Google]
4671604-5809626427-Aldri.jpg
31 KB, 511x773
>I AM MANDARIN

What did he mean by this? That he is of chinese descendant? Like he's... mandarin. Did he mean he's actually Fin Fang Foom?
>>
>>64588196
Iron Man 3 is basically the Incredibles, They want sell those toys.
>>
>>64588114
Grant is such a fucking sissy gay, I just can't go along with it.

Butch it up damn it.
>>
>>64586783
>But on the topic about iron man 3, the ending didn't really matter because tony goes back to being ironman in avengers 2
But in the ending he literlly says "I'M IRON MAN", not "I'M TONY", so it makes sense to be IM again.

>>64586756
This is a problem in most Marvel films.

>>64586790
The meme is to hate IM3, not IM2, IMO they are both bad but for different reasons.

>>64586991
>>"The suit breaks apart too easily."
>>"He doesn't spend enough time in the Iron Man suit."
These are my main reasons to hate it, Why would you make a Superman movie when he is easily defeated and he's as Clark Kent 99% of the time?
>>
ALL THREE IRON MAN MOVIES SUCKED

Sorry but it's true

Charisma and witty-banter don't make a movie good.
>>
>>64588272
>>64588272
>Iron Man 3 is basically the Incredibles
And I still don't get the appeal of that movie, everyone praise it, but to me it's just "The Simpsons + Fantastic Four : Mash-up" It seems the most cliche, predictible and unoriginal movie made.
>>
>>64586991
>>"The suit breaks apart too easily."
It really does though.
Compare to all the punishment the suits where able to take in 1&2.
And now some literal hothead can just completely destroy them by touching them?
>>
>>64586790
>>64586720

It is absolutely a meme to hate on Iron Man 2.

It's not any worse than the other phase one solo Marvel movies and it's 1000x better than IM3.
>>
>>64586695
I really liked Iron Man
I kind of liked Iron Man 2 (after a few rewatchings it got kind of eh)
I fucking hated Iron Man 3

What a pile of shit
>>
>>64586720
you can tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64586991
>without mentioning the Mandarin twist?
The twist is actually the worst part of the movie, and not because of "m-muh mandarin".

The true villains of the film are clearly established in the opening scene. We know from the start that Killian and that girl have been hurt by Tony and that they have something that can give you superpowers or make you explode. Later, we then see Killian directing "The Mandarin" on a film set, so it's clear than Killian is the real bad guy and the Mandarin is an actor. The film pretends to have a mystery, but the audience knows exactly what's going on from the very beginning.
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>64586695
D R O P P E D
>>
>>64587122
So you have no good reasons why it sucked though, right?
>>
>>64586695
Iron Man as a series lost all it's charm when Terrence Howard left.

Cheadle lacked the chemistry
>>
>>64589219
>The film pretends to have a mystery, but the audience knows exactly what's going on from the very beginning.
That's just what happens when you pay attention to foreshadowing
>>
>>64586695
Iron Man 2 was already not great. Iron Man 3 had some better attempts but failed terribly when it made a fake Mandarin. I remember people thought it was smarter, but in the end that didn't make it a better movie...just a weird twist with someone that could have been an awesome vilain. I mean...they had fucking Ben Kingsley for christ's sake!
>>
File: mandarin-sample.jpg (14 KB, 1600x1143) Image search: [Google]
mandarin-sample.jpg
14 KB, 1600x1143
>>64588271

he just meant the colour, look at the orange bit there
>>
File: mind_literally_blown.gif (2 MB, 196x200) Image search: [Google]
mind_literally_blown.gif
2 MB, 196x200
>>64590270
>Movie opens with "I'm blue" song
>Movie ends with "I'm THE Mandarin"
Like fucking pottery, and people call Marvel kino "flicks"
>>
guy pearce alone could probably kill every avenger besides vision and witch, let alone guy pearce and his entire little army.

movie made them out to be way too strong.
>>
Iron Man 2's problem was it struggled between being an IM1 movie (which is essentially 90% Robert Downey Jr.) and an actual superhero movie with actual battles and superhero struggles. The big bad didn't exist to threaten world order, he existed to further flesh out Tony Stark's character - which is okay if his most powerful skill wasn't using a remote desktop. But it was, so the overall conclusion was kind of lacking that wow factor.

Iron Man 3's problem was the production was fucked from the beginning. Every single fucking studio has this, though, where they shit all over themselves like the shitty dumbass movie executives that they are trying to make what they think is a good movie. Fortunately, it looks like Disney/MARVEL studios learned their lessons from IM3 and applied them towards future movies, which have benefited since.
>>
>>64590616
>Thor
>Hulk
>Cap
No way Guy could deal with these
>>
fun fact: iron man 1 was mostly improvised and most of it was written on the spot
>>
>>64590694
guy would smoke captain america, look at what he did to tony in a suit

has the strength, reflexes, speed, and can flame on. captain america is done

he probably would struggle against thor but again, watch the last battle or even watch tony fight that one extremis guy on the plane. he would be way too fast/react too fast for thor to hit him and if he flamed on hardcore he could fuck thor up.

hulk got pinned down by a couple of aliens at the end of the first avengers. guy pearce alone couldnt beat him but definitely if the entire little extremis militia ganged up on him he would be pinned down as well.

hell abomination almost would have killed hulk if betty didn't show up.

also, if the entire extremis militia shows up to fight cap or thor then it is 100% over and cap/thor are fucked
>>
>>64586991

>tell me what's wrong with IM3

>proceeds to list 20 different things that people are not allowed to mention.

This has got to be the most cock gurgling, asshole stretching, faggot butt munching post I have ever seen.

You win the award Anon.
>>
>>64588114

All CW shows are 100% beyond terrible. No exceptions.

Please kill yourself then dig a hole and dive in it.
>>
>Iron Man 2
Shoeface was a terrible villain.
>>
>>64588621
>It seems the most cliche, predictible and unoriginal movie made
Have you even seen it?
>>
>>64587184

Based Mickey Rourke AND based Sam Rockwell in the same movie, that's why.
>>
>>64591138
Yes, and like months before watching it I already knew what was about.
-Villain turns to be a fanboy
-Main hero have to make a choice between being a hero or being with his family
-Villain's assistant help the good guys, because it's the morally correct
-"Too old for this shit" partner comes back to help heroes
-Heroes/Family team up in the ending despite differences
-The apparently "powerless/useless" guy in the end turns to be the most powerful (The baby)
-Cliffhanger ending

It was pretty cliche, don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but not as original as Toy Story or Monsters Inc. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>64586695
Iron Man 3 was a lot better than 2.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.