[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think of "The Hateful 8"? >inb4 boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 18
File: hateful.jpg (180 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
hateful.jpg
180 KB, 1600x900
What did /tv/ think of "The Hateful 8"?

>inb4 boring

I love movies with good dialogue, and this definitely had it. Tarantino always produces with dialogue in my opinion. I thought it was beautifully shot, very well acted with memorable characters. It's not his best, but overall a VERY solid movie.
>>
I like how people started leaving the cinema when the woman got hit,

God I hate my country sometimes
>>
>>64586404
Here people unironically clapped when she was hanged. And I don't even live in 'murrica.
>>
>>64586404
are you serious? that's fucking ridiculous. I did notice a humorous theme that she was getting bukkaked by blood the entire time though....kek.
>>
>>64586586
Yep, they were shocked the first time he hit her, but once he elbowed her nose, some left.
>>
>>64586404

the fucking SJW's that think this film is racist and misogynistic need to read a fucking history book. This film portrayed the time period well, and you bet your ass Nigger was a common word back then. Also I guess nobody understand Tarantino is a Wigger, lelz.
>>
13/10

Best movie of the decade
>>
BIG
BLACK
DINGUS
>>
Why is this movie getting trashed by critics?

Was it really that "boring"?

I mean, the movie never seems to claim that it's going to be Kill bill action, so why the fuck are people dissapointed?
>>
It just looks like The Elder Djangos V: Skyrim.

It doesn't look like anything new.
I want Tarantino to stop with this heightened reality goof-fest hes been parading and make something more laidback.

The shootout in Candyland Ranch was where he jumped the shark.
>>
>>64586797
I laughed at all the funny parts, like one should. People are too fucking sensitive to things such as name calling. If he replaced the racially charged words with generic cuss words, people wouldn't be crying at all. And nobody gave a fuck that Samuel Jackson's character was racist too, who said "cracker" amongst other things.
>>
>>64586879
one of the best parts

>>64586892
it is absolutely not boring. The film has AMAZING character development, which involves a lot of dialogue. Fucking mongs don't like a movie if there isn't an explosion every 2 goddamn seconds.

>>64586902
>I want Tarantino to stop with this heightened reality goof-fest hes been parading and make something more laidback

>I want Tarantino to stop using his trademark film style

this movie was laid back, you pre judging sack of shit. go see it.
>>
>>64586404
normies are afraid of being labelled as rycest
>>
>>64587015
>The film has AMAZING character development
Holy fuck, the Sheriff was amazing.
>>
>>64585649
I really liked it.
Reservoir Dogs 2.0 Western Edition was fun as fuck and the almost 3h went by really fast.
>>
>>64585649
9.5/10

EXTREMELY well developed, fun characters, super interesting, incredibly deep, engaging as fuck and stellar humor. thanks to Tarantino for having a movie where he literally doesn't care about progressive values and goes for a 100% time accurate portrayal. Good on ya buddy.
Also lol when the girl got hit lmao
>>
>>64587500
Already did.
But he sent shivers down my spine when he said that part about "My father led an army!" at the end.
>>
Tarantino peaked with Inglorious Basterds. Django and this were garbage.
>>
>>64586404
That sucks. Some people were practically rolling from the sharing bananas with the nigger comment and everyone found her getting bitch slapped constantly hilarious. Nobody cared when I cracked open some tallboys either. This was in New York too, I was kinda surprised
>>
>>64588409
Mind elaborating, my shitposting friend?
>>
>>64588427
while that does sound fun, why were you drinking tall boys at a movie theater? I'm all for avoiding movie theater jewery, but you still look like a hick doing that....
>>
So, what was the deal with the general?
>>
>>64588450
He said it himself that Basterds was his masterpiece. Basterds had way better long drawn out scenes full of dialogue and brilliantly mixed three languages and actors from other nations. Compare the opening sequence of Basterds with the openings of Django and Hateful Eight. It's not even close.
>>
>>64588549
Well just because he said Basterds was his favorite, and his best, does not make it objectively so. I LOVE that movie, but I still see every one of his movies as a blank slate, so that I can form a practical opinion.

Also he wasn't trying to make another Inglorious Basterds....he is just telling another story.
>>
>>64586404
here in brazil we just laughed a lot
>>
>>64585649
>Fell asleep for a couple minutes
>Guy a couple rows behind me did NOT stop snoring the entire movie, I actually couldn't believe it
That about sums up the movie
>>
>>64588647
It does, tho
>>
It's Tarantino's best work since Jackie Brown, honestly it's a pleb filter.
>>
OB did nothing wrong

poor man had a very painful death he didn't deserve
>>
>>64590141
OB was based indeed
>>
I'm not a Tarantino fan so I went in with low expectations and ended up loving it.

My one complaint is that the BIG BLACK DINGUS scene went on too long and felt like I was reading Louisposting or something, that shit was ridiculous.

Despite that, the Sheriff and the Major were GOAT.
>>
>>64585649
>I thought it was beautifully shot, very well acted with memorable characters.
These sound like non-opinions you use to make it sound like you like a movie when you really didn't it's just by one of your favorite directors
>>
>>64586948
>Saying "cracker" is racist

ok
>>
Meh. Underwhelmed desu, might be expecting too much
>>
>>64590177
meh, the scene worked fine for me, it was some comedic relief

>>64590182
>saying wyoming isn't beautiful
>saying the whole move wasn't filmed/shot in a beautiful way

are you kidding me? do you want me to give specific examples? I loved the entire intro, that was shot beautifully. I loved the panned out flash back scenes. beautifully filmed is self explanatory.

And the characters WHERE memorable. I remember each and every one, after only seeing it ONE time. I cannot say the same about a ton of other movies.

I recently watched "Bram Stokers Dracula", because I wanted to see how it differs from the book. While I love Anthony Hopkins, there are a lot of fucking forgettable characters in that movie....rather boring. This is just an example of many.
>>
>>64590321
just because we don't find it offensive, doesn't mean it's not designed to be a racial slur. Because it is.
>>
>>64590409
kek, meant "were" not "where"
>>
I think that the general was a useless character. There was no reason for him to be there, or for him to not be killed on the beginning.
>>
>>64590523
He was not useless at all. He added unpredictability to the mix, and made racial tensions high in the haberdashery.
>>
>>64590660
To me, he just acted as a trigger for the Sheriff's actions. Felt like they could've simply removed them with no major differences.
>>
QUICK, post your characters tier list

>God Tier
Warren
Mannix
OB

>High Tier
Oswaldo
Bob
Ruth
Jody

>Low tier
Daisy
Joe

>Shit tier
General Smithers
>>
>liking Tarantino

Literally Reddit-tier.
Get some taste.
>>
>>64590753
>Elder God
Mannix
Warren
Six-Horse Judy

>God
O.B.
Joe Gage
Oswaldo

>Mid
John Ruth
Daisy

>Low
Bob
General
>>
>>64585649
I loved the racism/sexism, but aside from that it was Tarantino's worst. It was long, and it felt long. There was little reason for it to be so long. the 4 gang members had the drop on the arriving 3, and Kurt Russel even entered with Daisy alone, they could have easily killed him while he was busy with the door.
>>
tarantino is actually a good filmmaker, just as a person its hard to take him serious sometimes and even though the dialogue is great you cant help but feel awkward thinking that this guy wrote it.
>>
WARNING /TV/ CONTRAIAN OPINIONS ITT!!!

Hateful 8 panned by critics and audiences all around, so /tv/ claims it's QT's best since Jackie Brown. Despite most of the story crafted by greentext from /b/ and slapstick humor.

Only redeeming parts of this movie were OB and Joe Gage.
>>
This movie was soooo fucking good. People say the dialogue is too much and the ending was a bit cartoonish, but both are entertaining as fuck. Didn't know that QT had a foot fetish the other day though.
>>
exposition, the movie
>>
TARANTINO
IS
FUCKING
KEK
>>
It could have been a great if it was based more around the paranoia aspect than the half-assed whodunit.
>>
>>64591144
kek
>I'm self-conscious about my opinion so I need to overcompensate by using capslock to announce it.
>>
WARM
>>
BLANKETS
>>
NIGHT CALLS
>>
>>64588486
>b-but what will people think
the cinema is literally the best place to get drunk and given the fucking movies these days it's often a necessity
>>
File: lol.jpg (11 KB, 155x202) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
11 KB, 155x202
>Mexican guy shows up
>AYY HOMBRE DIOS MIO AY CARAMBA
>>
>>64589775
>admitting you have the attention span of a five year old as if that's a good thing
>>
>>64592464
Ye, it was dreadful in my opinion, very distracting in a bad way. Tarantino has a boner for exaggerated line delivery
>>
>>64591144
it's obvious critics and audiences only really hate it because of how unlikable the characters of the movie are and most people are plebs who can't put up with that
>>
>>64592505
nah it was humorous
>>
>>64590447
No one takes the word "cracka" seriously though. The word "nigger" was used to put black people down during and after slavery. The words have entirely different implications and contexts. Not saying that people should call other people "cracka" but if you get offended by it you're a fucking pussy
>>
>>64592558
I'm a Spanish speaker and it sounded overdone to me, surprised because Bichir is a native speaker and a genuinely good actor, I just feel he could've done a much better job with the accent.
>>
>>64592464
>say goodbye to your huevos
>>
>>64590915
Django is his worst.
>>
>His favorite Tarantino isn't Reservoir Dogs or Pulp fiction

Really?
>>
File: adam destanza.jpg (17 KB, 240x226) Image search: [Google]
adam destanza.jpg
17 KB, 240x226
>killing Kurt Russell off halfway through
>>
>>64592770
WTF?!

spoilers much?

think of other people before you fucking post, reported.
>>
>>64592505
Just laugh at the mexican
>>
Typical QT violence fantasy. Daisy and Mannix were the only redeeming characters.

Kurt Russel and Samuel L. Jackson playing themselves so it does not feel like you are watching new.
>>
>>64586404
In my country everyone laugh when someone said nigger, I live among mongrels. I live in [spoilers]Canada[/spoilers]
>>
>>64592625
Nigger is just a bastardiation of negro. You americans are scared of that one too, but it just means black. It's no insult to call someone black.
>>
>>64592939
Canadian here.

Same thing. Everyone laughed when she got hit too.

>>
>>64592963
You're an idiot if you think you can just walk up to a black person and call them negro and think you're in the right because "it means black lol why are they getting so offended??" Are you autistic? I don't care if you don't care about talking like a normal human being but "negro" does not just mean "black" now. Words have connotations to them. Curtailing speech to avoid annoyingly offensive/inane/obsolete connotations is a part of life and it doesn't just apply to words having to do with race. It's basic fucking linguistics you shitlord
>>
>>64593128
I'm not american and I just find the situation in your country (or your language) to be ridiculous. Your defensive overreacted awnser is ridiculous as well.
>>
>>64593102
Yeah like, there were parts that you were meant to laugh but they just laughed because they are a bunch of fuckin racists. I also live in Alberta so that doesn't help.
>>
>>64592804
Back to Reddit.
>>
>>64593227
I'm sorry that you think evolving language is ridiculous. Language changes. Certain words become obsolete as time passes. There is nothing wrong with that, it happens in all cultures and languages, and its unfortunate you care so fucking much because it has to do with race
>>
>>64592963
we are only scared of it, because of the reaction it gets. to many black people, it means "less than a person/not a human". You could see why they find it offensive.
>>
>>64593128

>shitlord
I was agreeing with you until you said. Go back to tumblr you double nigger.
>>
Is it another QT wishes he was a nigger power fantasy?
>>
>>64593364
Am I supposed to say "back to reddit" or something
>>
>>64593367
nah, he panders to niggers and racists equally in this one
>>
I think this is Tarantino's peak. It has everything signature to him, but subtler. All his other films have been a bit over-the-top for me (which is fine, it's just his style). But the Western setting really lends itself to his style since it's pretty much always been over-the-top.
The violence is less frequent yet more powerful, the dialogue is intense but fitting, the pacing is beautifully done. It's like Tarantino - 1, leaving us with a subtler version of his best films.

It's definitely my favorite of 2015 - but I guess that's not saying much.
>>
>>64592804
mm tasty bait, you're still an idiot though
>>
I was looking forward to Tarantino dialling it back a bit in scale after his last three, but I think it's possibly his weakest film. The dialogue feels laboured, and is no where near strong enough to carry the story for almost three hours. The pub seen in Basterds does what this film sets out to, infinitey better and in a fraction of the time.
>>
>>64585649
>memorable characters

No it's just that you've seen the same actors in the same situations before in other Tarantino movies.
>>
>muh "Tarantino writes good dialogue" meme

Give me one fucking example of good dialogue in a Tarantino movie.
>>
>>64594902
________________________BIG BLACK DINGUS______________________________________

Now fuck off
>>
It was interesting to see a Tarantino movie with an openly gay lead character.
>>
>>64594987
I don't think he was openly gay. I think he just really really hated white people.
>>
>>64590872
>tfw no Six-Horse Judy GF

I have literally never been more attracted to the personality of a female on a screen before
>>
>>64595674
I bet she can handle six studs at once, was the name a joke?
>>
saw it with my wife's son. great little flick
>>
Saw the road show version, it felt like an event film. I don't think there's much replay ability in it.
>>
>>64590660
Only reason he was there was so the writer could have someone poison the coffee.
>>
>>64596116
Wasnt even him that poisoned the coffee

didntevenwatchthemovie/10
>>
>>64596402
not the guy but probably he was referring to the scene with the general and Warren is when the coffee is poisoned
>>
>>64594986
Never fucking reply to me again unless youre contributing to the thread
>>
>good dialogue, and this definitely had it

??
>>
>>64591812
This

There wasn't the kind of tension and cabin fever that you'd expect. And. I figure that most if not all were in on it. I did not see Tatum's character however.
>>
File: 1451670406713.png (566 KB, 509x585) Image search: [Google]
1451670406713.png
566 KB, 509x585
very racist movie
>strip man naked
>have him give you a bj or else he will kill him
>kills him anyway after humiliating him
>then tells the story to father
>then kills father after humiliating him too
>laugh about it
>he is the good guy, because slavery
>everyone laugh at tiny dicked whitey
>>
>>64595674
I have never been attracted to Zoe Bell but I am now
>>
>>64591812
No, I like that you are the same as the main characters in terms of figuring out what is actually going on, and things being revealed.
>>
>tarantino
>dialogue

when will this meme end? it's fucking monologue
>>
>>64596802
>Sam Jackson
>The good guy

You know the movie had its own narrative. You don't need to shove your own in.
>>
File: bait.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1584
>>64596802
none of them are "good" you fucking idiot. It's called "the hateful 8" for a reason. But here is your guaranteed fucking reply
>>
DINGUS
>>
>>64592770
Worst part of the film.
>>
File: 20160107_161346.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160107_161346.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>64595896
Just came back from the 70 mm, last day it's still in theaters. The print was great, reminded me of spaghetti westerns (even with all the snow) though I wished my theater had masked the screen properly. And sadly I couldn't get the Kurt Russell booklet, they only had the Michael Madsen ones.
Also fuck, I forgot how loud the whirring of a mechanical projector is.
Movie was a bit meh in my opinion. Great Tarantino dialogue as usual but I thought some of the humor was very forced ("TWO PIECE OF WOOD" "ASK ME IF I GOT A FAT ASS"). It also felt like it was the elaborate theatrical performance it started as with all the asides. Slamming a narration halfway through was stupid, it was completely useless and took me out. 6/10 for the ending, only Dogville (incidentally a movie that Tarantino loves) made me want a film to kill a character more.
>>
>>64597012
that is a fair assessment, but I enjoyed the comedy. The "ask me if my ass is fat" scene was stupid though.
>>
>watching a gay nigger movie
>>
>>64597129
Name one thing objectively wrong with gay nigger cinema
>>
>>64596802
>implying any of them were "good"
>implying Warren didn't kill him in self-defense
>implying that wasn't part of the plan
>implying the dingusing even happened since we know that Warren bullshits dumb crackers and was just baiting the old fuck
>>
>>64586404
what country?
>>
File: 1234443297.gif (1 MB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
1234443297.gif
1 MB, 320x234
>you will never suck a big black dingus for warmth
>>
I really wanted Senor Bob to end up being an undercover Fed or something with Wallace's suspicion of him an all, I feel like that would've put a neat twist on the movie. While I was fully satisfied on the twist given, I thought it might've been interesting if they gave Bob more of a character other than "suspicious Mexican"
>>
File: h8.jpg (69 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
h8.jpg
69 KB, 650x430
I had a really bizarre dream last night that I was watching this movie and Samuel L Jackson's character clarifies to someone that he didn't actually make Sanders' son suck his dick, and instead he actually have Chester a handjob before he shot him.

One of the weirder dreams I've had in a while.
>>
Did anyone actually kind of doubt that Wallace BLACKED Smither's son? The whole thing just felt like a story just to egg on the old fool so he could justify shooting him. I know that was the point of the story, but I kinda question its validity.
>>
>>64597542
I think we are supposed to come to our own conclusion. I actually think the Lincoln letter may be true...
>>
>>64597633
But I feel like the fact that the Lincoln letter being fake too adds to the argument that he never actually facefucked Smithers' son, he proved that he lies to white people so he can make it in "their world" and by playing by their rules (i.e. shooting Smithers in self defense so he could kill him as opposed to murdering him so that he would be protected under white law)
>>
>Tarantino always produces with dialogue in my opinion.

If you go in thinking that, then of course you're gonna like this movie. QT has basically become a caricature of himself. If you want to enjoy his movie you have to go in thinking "I am going to watch a QT movie" because you give him a pass on shit he does that you wouldn't any other director.
Imagine if during the revenant there was a point where the movie would jump ahead 15mins and have alejandro narrate what happened during that time for 5mins.
>an dhats whye diss chapata iz cawled...... johnfitzgerhaldhasasecret
>>
>>64596904
>none of them are "good" you fucking idiot
What about the Sheriff?
>>
>>64597761
Are you just going to overlook the fact that he was incredibly racist and once fought for a marauding group of Confederates?
>>
>>64597761
he killed black people for fun???
>>
Madsen had some real awful lines and he delivered them even worse
>>
>>64597842
>>64598041
Are those supposed to be bad things?
>>
>>64598410
good meme, cabrone
>>
>>64590141
Lowest point in the movie for me. OB and the General were GOAT.
Has anyone seen Nebraska, a film that stars the General?
>>
File: madsenawrdrobetesth8ful8.jpg (73 KB, 706x1500) Image search: [Google]
madsenawrdrobetesth8ful8.jpg
73 KB, 706x1500
>>64598156
He also looked terrible. fat, sweaty and wearing too much makeup.
I hope its the last time Tarantino uses him.
>>
File: Dejected.jpg (32 KB, 330x392) Image search: [Google]
Dejected.jpg
32 KB, 330x392
>>64598625

>rewatch Resevoir Dogs the other day
>Remember that Madsen used to be young, fit, and good-looking
>>
I don't know why I never suspected that the three of them were working together.
>>
What was the point in the guideposts and the bathroom? I thought they were going to be important.
>>
>>64598934
Left overs from original script
>>
Me and my dad thought, for like an hour, that the woman was played by Sharon Stone until someone finally checked the internet.

It was good but never really went past that, and I felt that once Samuel L. Jackson shot the beaner the whole movie sort of started falling flat. They all eventually died, the end.

Six out of ten.
>>
>>64598934

Excuse to shoot more snow scenes to look pretty in 70mm
>>
>>64598794
because they never revealed what she was wanted for/
>>
>>64592725
Deathproof is his worst.
>>
>>64592770
Agree this killed the movie for me.
Also what's up with 70mm? Most of the movie is inside doors, not some open world scenary like something out of David Lean ,was Tarantino trying to imitate PTA?
Not even him shilled 70mm so hard in The master like Tarantino did.
>>
>>64599126
>shilling 70mm

that is his style. Tarantino refuses to convert to digital because his style is film, and will always be film. He thinks it looks best.
>>
>>64599191
>that is his style. Tarantino refuses to convert to digital because his style is film, and will always be film. He thinks it looks best.
70mm isn't is style, using film and not digital is his style, but is not quite unique, I mean nolan and PTA also do it, and they don't try to sell that gimmick so hard, maybe Nolan with the IMAX but even that doesn't seem to be in such way like with Tarantino. But that's not the point here, the point here is why use 70mm when you're making a most of a movie in a really small place, using close angles?
>>
>>64585649
Much, much better than django and generally a redemption for Tarantino imho.
>>
>>64599301
>most of the movie in the house

I'd say 45% was
>>
> the part where Tarantino stops the film to talk to the audience
Pissed me off that he would break the fourth wall like that after building the tension and atmosphere for like an hour and a half. Also he goes out of his way to remind you of black dicks in white mouths, which really wasn't necessary.
>>
File: 1341239819809.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1341239819809.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>white confederate racist male cop is the only character with decent morals and is the one who essentially saves the day in the end
umm quentin are ýou okay?
>>
>>64599914
>white confederate racist male cop
Are you seriously trying to imply that any of these traits are "bad"?
>>
>>64599609
More like 65%
There's a reason Tarantino talked about plays and hateful eight being similar in a round table he had with other directors
>>
>>64599961
nope
just saying that its very unquentin from quentin to make someone like this a good guy
>>
>>64599828
made me laugh when i heard him saying that. i instantly thought about /tv/
>>
Why didn't they shoot Warren while he was busy with the door
>>
>>64592529
This. I keep seeing critics say that the characters were shallow but literally the first two hours of the movie are character development.
>>
>>64585649
Just came back from the cinema and I'm so impressed that I came to /tv/ after a year to find a thread about it just to say that it was fucking amazing:
It was fuckin amazing.
Almost 3 hours of perfectly written dialogue, I was never bored. Could have been longer and I wouldn't mind, was enjoying it that much.
>>
>>64600072
I bet you think the Jews were the good guys in IB too
>>
>>64600072
>implying there are "good guys" in The Hateful Eight

Way to miss the entire point of the film.
>>
We all agree that the sherif was the best character right?
>>
1. Kill Bill
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Basterds
---power gap----
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Django
6. H8ful
7. Deathproof

H8ful has great characters, costumes, and scenery but that's about it. The plot was awful, the twist was disappointing, and the ending was meh. I went in expecting 8 badass characters and instead we got three good characters, a crazy bitch we know nothing about, and some randoms who appear to be interesting on the surface but are just generic gangsters.
Django wasn't great but I ranked it higher than H8 because I loved Leo and his character so much.
>>
>>64600866
especially towards the end of the movie
>>
Mix of obvious shock value tricks and overblown dialog to appeal to both the retarded audience who will go home and tell all their friends that they just watched a movie that "said the n word like 50 times dude!" and the psuedo intellectuals who think the dialog was absolutely outstanding because it was overwritten as fuck. Add in some muh film cred shit like the 70mm shit, an intermission and overture, and a book that makes simpletons think they're part of something larger than life and you have a movie that does an extremely good job at roping in all kinds of dipshits.
Not to say there's not good shit on top of all that - there definitely is and I was able to enjoy a decent portion of the movie in spite of all its trickery bullshit. Doesn't justify that shit though.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>64600715
OB ain't hurt no one
>>
>>64585649
The dialogue was fluid and comsistent, but its consistently juvenile and self involved. A lot of the dialogue was pure masterbation on qt's part, and felt like he is losing his grasp on dialogue with a bit of substance this time around.
>>
>>64586797
I gaurentee you're an edgy teen (at most early 20s)who likes hearing ooffensive things just because they offend people who arent you. Faggot.
>>
>>64601719
>consistently juvenile and self involved
>pure masterbation

Thank you Alex I'll take movie noob for 600.
>>
>>64587015
Character development? Thats a fucking joke. Every character is as 2 dimensional as a plank of wood you faggot.
>>
>>64601831
>made 0 counter point, admits defeat by devolving to insult immediately
you are a faggot
>>
I agree, not his best but very entertaining for what it is. Made a quick video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZPjlOcZv1M
>>
>>64596802
The story about the son and the dingus was obviously completely made up by Warren. He was just baiting the General into reaching for the gun.
Literally nothing he said proved he had even met the Generals son, or knew what he looked like. Those "flashbacks" were just the Generals imagination, as he pictured what Warren was describing.

Warren is also not a good guy. Everyone in the shack was cruel and hateful, except for perhaps OB.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 458x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 458x615
I had a black guy & his half black daughter siting in front of me.

Durning the intermission
>I didn't think it was going to be this racist
>>
>>64602193
>Those "flashbacks" were just the Generals imagination, as he pictured what Warren was describing.
No shit. He even turns to Bruce Dern and says "Starting to see pictures, aint ya?". He literally tells the audience that what we're seeing is the general's imagination.
>>
>>64585649
8.5/10
The only reason it's being trashed by critics is because Tarantino fucked with Disney, and since Disney owns at least half of the critics..
>>
>>64591144
why the fuck would joe gage redeem anything?
>>
Goggins was incredible here. The way he starts as a comedic character, all the way to the "my father led an army" part was incredible.
>>
>>64602345
And jet fuel cant melt steel beams either? You fuxking idiot, why even form an opinion with that little effort. Critics dont like it because its long, drawnmout and written for edgy 16 year olds.
>>
>>64597423
lol
>>
>>64602425
Get cancer disneydrone, go back to liking marvel flicks with le fanny quips
>>
>>64599301
>>64599126
Tarintino has talked about 70mm in a few interviews.
I think his idea was that going to the cinema isn't worth it for the average film. These days, you can watch any movie at home in good quality and with greater convince.
Are you really missing out on much by watching a digitally filmed movie, instead of in a stuffy, noisy, crowded theater, with over shitty priced popcorn and no bathroom breaks?

70mm was supposed to make the movie going experience worthwhile and unique.

I think he talks about it somewhere in this discussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7qKKQrSBY
>>
>>64602375
you mean
>muh daddy
>>
File: 1396490338221.jpg (10 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
1396490338221.jpg
10 KB, 180x222
>>64586404
>go to a Tarantino movie
>get offended by some mild violence

If only they had stayed through to the end.
>>
>>64598625
The typo in your filename is triggering me.

Also use camel case or something...
>>
>>64602513
Are you so retarded you think im defending Disney? My point was thst you are an idiot. I guess being an idiot, you didnt pick up on it. Here, YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.
>>
Was the dude who played Oswaldo trying to be Christoph Waltz or did Tarintino just write the part thinking Waltz would play it?
>>
what's the song that plays when they're out putting up those posts from the bathroom to the house?
>>
>>64585649

THE GOOD:
-Kept me interested the entire time, didn't feel at all like a 3+ hour long movie.
-Most of the acting was really good
-Cool/original story (IMO)

THE BAD:
-Very little substance. I get that it's a kind of portrait of America, but didn't really seem to me to have anything new or significant to say about anything. I've felt that about a lot of Tarantino films though.
-I saw it in a regular theater but none of the film seemed like it necessitated filming it entirely in 70mm. Think Tarantino just wanted to use a fancy camera.
-I'm from the south and some of the character's southern accents were really fucking bad. Not a huge flaw but it took me out of it a bit.
-Haven't had a repeated viewing yet but I can tell this one is going to have close to 0 replay value. I don't really have any interest in watching it again because of how heavily it relied on the plot (pretty much all it had going for it)

IN CONCLUSION:
decent, worth watching once but not worth theater prices, just watch it at home when you can find a way to watch it for free
>>
>>64590753
>Awesome Tier
The Hangman

>Great Tier
Daisy
General Smithers
The Mexican

>Good Tier
Mannix
Oswaldo

>Low Tier
Joe Gage
>>
>>64603523
Woops, forgot Warren. I'd put him in Meh Tier.
>>
>>64585649

It wasn't too boring for sure.

But it was too long. I saw it in a cinema with 15 mins intermission so that helped.

Good movie but not his best. Could have been better. It was too gory like..wow horror level of gorry. Not complaining just..i did not expect it.

The "Whodunnit?" element felt forced as fuck. That white guy that stayed with Sam Jackson at the end was amazing in this movie and IMHO had the best performance. Overall solid movie, I could have done without the "hey black people will win!" at the end.

Still, could have been way better. 8/10 barely
>>
File: ennio-morricone.jpg (279 KB, 1890x1256) Image search: [Google]
ennio-morricone.jpg
279 KB, 1890x1256
Movie of the year for me. Amazing soundtrack by Ennio Morricone too (he did The Good the Bad and the Ugly etc.) The first western he's scored in 40 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsXy-f2Q0U
>>
>>64602945
i heard that before but I think the role seemed more British and passive, think Roth was fine.
>>
>>64598731

Shieeet, you're the only one that mentioned this in this thread. I agree 100%. Madsen looking old surprised me as well
>>
>>64601611

Dubs of truth.

OB wasn't one of the "hateful 8"

Tatum,Roth,Madsen and the mexican were hateful

The bitch, Kurt,Sam and that white confederate guy were the other 4.
>>
>>64603348
>-Haven't had a repeated viewing yet but I can tell this one is going to have close to 0 replay value. I don't really have any interest in watching it again because of how heavily it relied on the plot (pretty much all it had going for it)

hmm...please explain more. I agree about rewatch value but I never thought of it like that. You think that movies that rely on plot don't have rewatch value?

>>64603523

Kurt had waaaay better roles, idk why this board liked his character. I mean..he was good but..he wasn't great or amazing as he can be. His moustache was MVP tho.
>>
>>64598410
edge extraordinaire, sir
>>
>>64603348
>decent, worth watching once but not worth theater prices, just watch it at home when you can find a way to watch it for free
exactly what I was going tp do anyway
>>
>>64603986
He was easily the most charismatic character in the cast, and I don't think I've enjoyed him more in any movie.
>>
>>64593229
Southern Ontario here, same thing. I was like, really people, you have to get giddy every time you hear the word nigger?
>>
>>64603116

Anyone know? It sounded a lot like a song you'd hear in John Carpenter's The Thing.
>>
Enjoyed it but I'd never watch it again.

FAR too bloated with redundant bits of dialogue that repeat information back and forth between characters

QT jumping in with 'whoops, Domergue knows who poisoned the coffee!' sterilised all tension.
>>
>>64588549
Source on that statement?
>>
It made me like QT again, MOTY 2015
>>
>>64604152

Escape from LA/NY

He was charismatic as fuck in those movies.

I liked the white confederate guy more and Sam Jackson was also good. Bruce Dern had like 10 mins in entire movie but I liked him more.

Idk, I just expcted Kurt Russel to be more of a badass rather than "Eh...i can kill this woman but I won't"
>>
>>64586404
There was a hipster bitch that walked out at the hanging
Made it through EVERYTHING else, but that was too much
>>
>>64604377
Is that the movie in which he's wearing the eyepatch?

Yeah, he was okay in that movie, but problem is, I never liked it very much.

I also loved the general. To bad he was so brief: he was shaping up to be a great villain.
>>
>>64603986
I mean if some friends were watching it again and asked me to join I would probably do so, but I wouldn't seek it out to watch again because I don't feel like I would get too much more out of watching it again and there are tons of films out there that I haven't seen that I could be watching instead.

Might just be a personal thing but if I feel like I understood the plot of a film well and the film didn't offer much besides the plot, I'm not too likely to watch it again (I would put an exception here for films that made me feel a lot or felt really special/groundbreaking, such as LOTR or the original Star Wars trilogy). I would opt instead to either watch a new film or watch one that I've seen before but that had a lot going on for it so that it would be hard to fully absorb in one viewing.

Like I said, that's just how I do things
>>
File: yis.gif (698 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
yis.gif
698 KB, 500x375
>>64603771
oh yes man
the music was beautiful
based Morricone
>>
>>64604510

Yup that's the one.

Oh well, I still value those movies as one of the best action sci-fi movies (yes even the sequel) of all time.

Villain? I know they're all supposed to be bad guys but...to be honest I never really hated any of the characters :/
>>
>>64604609
That's because they're all so charismatic, but some of them are clearly villainous in nature. Think Daisy and the Mexican.
>>
>>64604504
>walked out at the hanging
Isn't that the final scene?
>>
h8ful 8 i r8 8/8

>black_dingus.webm
>>
File: 1424212106123.gif (886 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1424212106123.gif
886 KB, 294x233
>Tim Roth was literally playing Christopher Waltz: Mr. Orange Edition
>>
>>64586404
I sometimes trying to imagine what if Irreversible was released in America today
>>
>>64605057
holy shit spot on
>>
>>64605057

QT: Hahaha Waltz I have great character for you my m8..

Waltz: Hmm...German guy? In post-civil war USA? Why?

QT: Hmm...yeah.. you're right..I'll find another non-US actor I worked it then..
>>
>>64605246
>Hello, Sonny Chiba?
>>
>>64597633
I do too
He had a real reaction to it in the stagecoach, and he was far too careful with it
A fake can simply be rewritten
>>
Why have I heard so many people saying Jennifer Jason Lee stole the show and should win best supporting actress? If anybody stole the show, it was either based Goggins or Jackson. Lee hardly said anything the entire time.
>>
>>64605297

QT: Hahaha Waltz I have great character for you my m8..

Chiba: Hmm...asian guy? In post-civil war USA? Why?

QT: Hmm...yeah.. you're right..I'll find another non-US actor I worked it then..
>>
>>64605418
>Goggins

10/10 this guy should get an Oscar nom. if I was in charge of them..he was amazing.

Also...Jennifer Jason lee should get nomination at least (if not oscar) cause..well..how many better supporting actress you've seen than her in 2015 movies?
>>
>>64588486
Because 40s are less practical
>>
>>64604750
It is
Like I said, makes no sense to me
>>
File: 2341243134.gif (1 MB, 459x459) Image search: [Google]
2341243134.gif
1 MB, 459x459
>that amount of blood
holy shit man
sure I love some of the good old red vino, but that fucking wacky gore was kinda too much,
still enjoyed the fuck out of it, hateful had the blood that mainstream movies did not have that year
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.