[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the boy guilty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 12_angry_men.jpg (66 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
12_angry_men.jpg
66 KB, 300x461
Was the boy guilty?
>>
He was a dune coon. yes.
>>
>>64585372
he dindu nuffin
>>
>>64585372
>In the end, we all realized that we had been... 12 Angry Men
Really, Sidney??
>>
How was Henry Fonda so sure the boy wasn't the killer? How was he so easily able to locate the same exact store where the murder weapon was bought so quickly?

Was he the real killer? Were we supposed to suspend our disbelief so far as to think that the actual killer could somehow make it onto the jury of the crime he perpetrated?

What complete bullshit.
>>
>>64585372
all the evidence heavily suggested he was but
>YOU CAN'T BE SURE ABOUT ANYTHING MAN SO WE SHOULD LET HIM GO
>>
>>64585372
Henry Fonda was the killer.
>>
>>64585372
>murders a woman in cold blood
>joins the jury for the murder
>ensures even the scapegoat goes free under the guise of 'justice', completely denying the deceased family of any closure at all
>gloats afterward and will likely kill again

what a sadistic fuck
>>
>>64586624
The responsibility of the jury is to determine whether or not the prosecution was able to demontrate the defendant's guilt beyond reasonable doubt. If the kid was actually guilty then the fault lies with the prosecution for not presenting a strong enough case, not with the jurors.
>>
>>64586993
the prosecution convinced everyone on the jury beyond a reasonable doubt except for juror 8
>>
>>64586993
in any real court the kid would have either been found guilty or the judge would declare a hung jury
>>
Ive always believed that in this movie Fonda is playing the Devil who is fucking around by getting guilty murderers released by twisted our laws of justice against us.
>>
It's far too convenient to be taken seriously. The jurors only change their minds because the writer of the script designed and wrote it that way.

It's a fiction on par with Avatar.
>>
File: 12 Angry Men_01.jpg (1 MB, 640x4071) Image search: [Google]
12 Angry Men_01.jpg
1 MB, 640x4071
>>
File: checkem.jpg (17 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
17 KB, 400x296
>>
>>64587043
Yeah I know. It's an aspirational morality play about how the justice system is meant to function, not a realistic depiction of how it actually does.
>>
File: 12 Angry Men_02.jpg (789 KB, 640x2965) Image search: [Google]
12 Angry Men_02.jpg
789 KB, 640x2965
>>64587109
>>
This movie is so full of shit. I remember how my professor wanted us to note everything that was wrong and we ran up a a massive list.
>>
>>64587031
That's because juror 8 was aware it was to convince beyond a reasonable doubt
>>
>>64587147
Well, what is wrong with it?
>>
>Hurr durr teh old man no spirnti 2 stand so iz lyin
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.