[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The forgotten franchises of Hollywood Films which were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
ITT: The forgotten franchises of Hollywood

Films which were might to be the next big thing and never got it

Its a pity about this, I thought it was alright and more of a Indiana Jones movie than Kingdom.

Crane fight was unforgivable though
>>
File: eragon.jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
eragon.jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
Another example
>>
Steven Moffat's script was FUCKING TERRIBLE
>>
>>64584485
What was wrong with the crane fight? Was perfectly in line with the rest of the film.
>>
I love tintin, I read all the bd's as a kid, and globe-trotting adventures are literally my favourite genre of all timeā€”but that movie looked fucking off
>>
That was better than IJ 4
>>
I love tintin, both movie and cartoon, too bad we will never see a sequel.

>>64584676

People that read the book said the novel is pretty shit too, I like the ending though
>>
>>64585320

I just thought it wasnt a great setpiece.
>>
Probably the last movie that felt like an adventure.
The last before Tintin was The Mummy.
Fuck why are adventure movies so dead now we have to deal with Uncharted or have nothing.
>>
>>64585706
>the mummy
JUST
>>
>>64585659
>but that movie looked fucking off
Didn't everything about it seem a little off? Not just that weird animation. The script seemed like it needed a rewrite in some places, to make it a bit tighter, and the ending was basically a non-ending. The movie was called the scret of the Unicorn, so one might expect that the "Unicorn" plotline would be wrapped up by the end of it, but at the end it seems like they're still going to try to find the ship. They find the coordinates, and then the movie just kind of ends.
>>
>>64585786
That is what made it so fresh.
>>
>>64584485
One of the few films I saw in 3D but I loved it.
I enjoyed the crane fight.
>>
File: Pan.jpg (150 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pan.jpg
150 KB, 720x1080
This, in all likelihood. The reviews were abysmal, as were the box office returns, but they were definitely trying to lead up to rebooting the entire Peter Pan story, with as many stops along the way as could make them money.
>>
File: mean-old-lady.jpg (44 KB, 317x400) Image search: [Google]
mean-old-lady.jpg
44 KB, 317x400
>>64585752
Just what? That's not a full sentence. Type correctly. Stop making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>64585035
Is it available?

Also I'm pretty sure that Moffat just wrote a first draft and then had to leave the project for Doctor Who. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit rough.
>>
File: Photo on 4-29-13 at 2.41 PM.jpg (193 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 4-29-13 at 2.41 PM.jpg
193 KB, 1080x720
Well the movie she is talking about
>>
>a series of seven novels
>one movie and the franchise ended
>the main actor's career completely dies
Hollywood is cruel.
>>
>>64585825
I don't find movies that break formula and replace it with something faulty to be "fresh". I find them to be awkward. A movie that actually breaks formula and creates something new that works is fresh, and you'll know it's worked, because imitators will spring up to try to copy THAT movie's formula. Tintin was not so lucky.
>>
File: greg Land.jpg (271 KB, 1032x1490) Image search: [Google]
greg Land.jpg
271 KB, 1032x1490
>>64585895
>That old woman
Ah, memories.
>>
>>64585876
Forgotton? You know how many chances this shitty manchild story had?
>>
Golden Compass
>>
>>64585786
I saw it in the kino, but your post makes me realize that I can't remember anything from it, short of some vague recollection of something in a cellar.
>>
>>64586210
>Kino

Rewatch it, it's great.
>>
>>64585985
wow, that image is sad as hell.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.