[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Twin Peaks. Help me buy into the hype? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: michaeljackson.png (224 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
michaeljackson.png
224 KB, 500x378
Just finished Twin Peaks. Help me buy into the hype? Because the second season was such a fucking train wreck, I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would want a revival.
They killed off one of the best characters in the first season (Leland Palmer's transformation was amazing to watch, thanks to Ray Wise's performance.) Then they turned one of the best femme fatales on small-screen, Audrey Horne, into a fucking shitty little cookie-cutter success story. Maybe the writers were banking on me being distracted by the addition of Heather Graham as Annie in season two, but she fucked blew it. She sounded like she was at a table read in every scene, looking up every other sentence because she obviously had a hard time remembering her lines.
As for plot structure, I knew what I was getting myself into, in terms of bizarre, with David Lynch at the helm and all, but at least the first season did a much better job of tying things together. The second season just created more plot holes than it answered questions.
>>
File: twinpeaks.jpg (94 KB, 563x511) Image search: [Google]
twinpeaks.jpg
94 KB, 563x511
How appropriate is the captcha, btw?
>>
There's nothing to get. You just didn't like Lynch and Frost. It's okay.

Season 1 is godly and the pilot is fan-fucking-tastic.

Season 2 is shit because
>Frost and Lynch fighting
>Network messing with show
>Cast fighting
>>
Everyone agrees the second season is mostly garbage but it was because Lynch was being pressured by executive jews to solve the mystery when he didn't want to and cared about the series less afterwards. He'll have more control in the revival so there's something to look forward to.
>>
File: 1425461783641.jpg (269 KB, 892x814) Image search: [Google]
1425461783641.jpg
269 KB, 892x814
>>64584084
Yes, everybody agrees Season 2 was fucked, although I think it had many great episodes that rivaled Season 1 - certainly the ones directed by Lynch (see pic related). I don't understand why you wouldn't be hyped for the revival, if you liked Season 1, because Lynch is directing all the episodes and is going to have full creative control, as he did with S1. I think those are very good reasons to get hype.
>>
>>64584200
>>64584248
>>64584451
I did love the first season. I was just so fucking mad with the second. Didn't know the bts drama, which I guess should have been obvious, considering what a contrast the two seasons are, and that the show only ran for two seasons.
Some of the damage can't be repaired though. I became obsessed with Audrey Horne from season one. Even if there was some way to bring Fenn back and write Audrey back in, her charm, which is attributed to her youth, is gone. Can't have a mischievous/rebellious 50yo without her turning into a Nadine-type character.
>>
>>64584802
You should just trust Frost and Lynch. They're not going to make it a 'remake' with older actors.

Both of them are competent writers and what you described isn't competent writing

So no worries.
>>
>>64584899
This. I don't want to be hyped as much as I am, so it doesn't end in disappointment, but knowing all that we do about the revival, I just can't help myself.
>>
>>64584084
The network started fucking with the show during season 2 because people were tuning out at a drastic rate. They decided that the show was taking too long to get to the big reveal and forced Lynch and Frost to rush straight to the climax when they had planned to develop the story for many more episodes before doing so. Thats mostly why Season 2 is all over the place.

People want a revival because of what could have been, had the network not underestimated the cult following TP had. Now, in 2016, and with Twin Peaks being one of the most watched shows ever, the Networks won't be so quick to fuck with Lynches work, and we'll get to see an alternate ending that is true to his vision.
>>
>>64584899
No, no. I wasn't suggesting they should bring back Audrey. I think what I'm trying to say is it's a shame that they turned her into a cardboard cutout in the second season.
>>
OP I was the exact same way. All I can say is just give it some time and let it all sink in naturally. In a few months you'll probably look back fondly on it because there's really no other show like it and you'll start to appreciate it a lot more, faults withstanding.
>>
>>64584451
>long planned romance between cooper and another character
Audrey?
>>
File: 1449081222211.gif (486 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449081222211.gif
486 KB, 500x375
>>64585370
Yeah.
>>
>>64585079
>>64585191
>>64585275
Alright, well, I'm a little more hopeful then.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.