[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In my opinion Prometheus was better. Is anyone with me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 640x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 640x396
In my opinion Prometheus was better.
Is anyone with me?
>>
I think Interstellar was better but not by much. I could see how someone would like Prometheus more.
>>
>>64583703
I would never compare them because Prometheus is more planet-side shit in an established universe and Interstellar is more space-time fuckery.

Judging them purely visually, I'd go Prometheus.
>>
>>64583703
I actually haven't seen Prometheus. I thought Interstellar borrowed slightly from Moon, but it was nowhere near as good.
>>
>>64583768
I agree and Moon benefited greatly from Clint Mansell.
>>
>>64583703
Interstellar had too much sentimental bs to be enjoyable
>>
>>64583703
Interstellar was good, I really liked it a lot, and can definitely see myself watching it many times (in a good video quality)

Prometheus I wouldn't even bother...its just mediocre, a very minor Scott's effort
>>
>>64583703
I do
I think people didnt like prometheus because they took it too seriously and didnt understand it
>>
We can all agree that they're both better than the Martian right?
>>
>>64585354
i enjoyed the martian better than interstellar
at least it was comfy
>>
>>64585406
at least it was REDDIT
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6472888
>http://strawpoll.me/6472888
>http://strawpoll.me/6472888
>>
File: rsz_run_sideways_9163.png (83 KB, 300x383) Image search: [Google]
rsz_run_sideways_9163.png
83 KB, 300x383
Prometheus is the Spider Man 3 of high concept science fiction films.
A beautiful, beautiful trainwreck that could have been something extraordinary if a key element hadn't been fucked up (Executive meddling in SM3's case, a lock on an incomplete/ruined script draft in Prometheus).

Interstellar only gets hate here because it was made by Nolan. If Spielberg would have made it, it would have been inferior at this point in his career, yet Scifi fans here would be sucking its cock.
>>
>>64585475
if spielberg made it there would have been no library gravity shit
>>
>>64585463
trick question.
>Which was the superior flick?
prometheus is technically the better flick because it is a flick, whilst interstellar is a movie on edge of being a film.
>>
>>64585475
>Interstellar only gets hate here because it was made by Nolan
That's not true! It also gets hated on by /tv/ because it was a popular movie.
>>
>>64585534
Yes, of course. But especially because of Nolan.
>>
>>64583798
dat soundtrack. I feel like any sci fi film wouldn't benefit from a huge bombastic orchestra, a minimalist score would be perfect to complement the isolation of space.
>>
Just wondering is /tv/ actually incapable of elaborating on their opinions? Do you aspies thinks listing film titles and putting a greater than sign between them means anything at all? Gosh, this board is shit.
>>
File: mediocre joe said.gif (562 KB, 432x200) Image search: [Google]
mediocre joe said.gif
562 KB, 432x200
>>64584141
i will never rewatch interstellar
>>
>>64584141
>a very minor Scott's effort
He actually brought it when it came to the visuals. His most beautiful film since Blade Runner, hell, one of the most beautiful film in recent years. But those characters and the way they behave... I blame too many cooks in the kitchen during the making of the script with Lindelof adding too much onto what Spaihts had already written but lacking the time or editorial harshness to make a sensible rewrite that cut both the fat and retarded elements. And then Riddley fucked that up further by not realizing the human element needed more work, because he was already to deep into the design and the lore of it all.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.