[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't the Jedi ever just make a list of all the races
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: watto.jpg (61 KB, 502x425) Image search: [Google]
watto.jpg
61 KB, 502x425
Why didn't the Jedi ever just make a list of all the races their mind tricks don't work on?

Seems like that would come in handy.

Probably also save them a lot of unnecessary embarrassment.
>>
>>64583335
It's not which race it's how smart the person is
>>
>>64583439
this.
>>
>>64583439

not how smart. how strong-willed.
>>
>>64583439
Implying race doesn't determine brainpower
>>
>>64583439

>it's not which race

It is. He says "I'm a *whatever*, mind tricks don't work on me"
>>
File: f.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
reddit will do fine
>>
>>64583517
No, it won't.
>>
>>64583496
Its just racial pride. Actual reason is strength of will and intellect.
>>
>>64583439
>>64583466
>>64583472
>Watto: No, they won't-a. What? You think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only money. No money, no parts, no deal.

>I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me.

Fuck off, shitlords. Go watch the prequels again.
>>
>>64583496

another lucas-induced error. he knows his innumerable errors in the prequels and that's why he decided to sell it all to disney because he can never redeem himself.
>>
File: fs.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fs.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>>64583533
Reddit WILL do fine.
>>
>>64583538
it's like saying

"I'm Italian, we don't take shit from nobody"
>>
>>64583587
No! It won't!
>>
>>64583538
>Go watch the prequels again

Are you serious? Do you believe you've won? You deserve to be laughed at and rolled in tar and feathers for being proud over knowing trivia about literal dogshit
>>
>>64583538

see >>64583567

i've said/posted this before: there was a bts featurette for the prequels and some staffers were presenting various drawings for the villain that eventually became that wheezing cyborg general (one drawing was a kid in a floating chair with two hovering weapon-spheres) and lucas had this stamp and he took a few seconds to look at the drawings and then stamped a few saying "i like this. i like this.". that's how he decided/created the prequels. a few seconds of glancing and a stamp.
>>
>>64583609
Don't inject your headcanon.

Lucas already said Jedi mind tricks don't work on certain species, including but not limited to Toydarians and Hutts.
>>
>>64583646
>TFA shill detected

inb4 "i hate both"

How much is Disney paying you?
>>
From autismpedia
>Toydarians were a sentient, winged species from the planet Toydaria.[5] In addition to their ability to fly, Toydarians were physically defined by their long snouts and webbed feet, and could resist mental manipulation from the Force.[
>>
sebulba and watto's races are good designs, JJ should have used them
>>
>>64583681
Fuck off back to /v/, George
>>
File: YsalamiriEGttF.jpg (253 KB, 968x1267) Image search: [Google]
YsalamiriEGttF.jpg
253 KB, 968x1267
>>64583701
That always drove me nuts.
>hurr durr pizza huts and toyetics have jedi kryptonite brains
Racial tendency for hard-headedness would be enough, I don't understand why they have to specify some biological immunity.

It's as shit as "These lizards make bubbles where the Force doesn't work!"
>>
>>64583646
>Remembering a line from a movie
>Trivia
>>
400 million stars in the Milky Way.
The Star Wars galaxy could be even bigger.
JJ makes it feel tiny and uninteresting
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.