[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indians in Hollywood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1452061955253.png (232 KB, 358x404) Image search: [Google]
1452061955253.png
232 KB, 358x404
Are there any Indian actors in Western film industry that don't play the roll of stereotypical Indian migrant?

Comedians don't count, ever.

Why is Bollywood so big in India, but migrants never bother to even attempt to crack the industry in the West?
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITTING
>>
>>64583294
>>64583289
Nevermind
>>
POO
>>
because no one likes indians and bollywood is a laughing stock of cinema
>>
>>64583339
IN
>>
>>64583270
the guy from harold and kumar did non comedic roles

the pilot in the expanse

some CIA guy in the CIA show with the blonde actress whose name i dont know

shit kamil i dont know

also

>DESIGNATED
>>
>>64583402
Never fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64583429
who are you?
>>
>>64583402

No, no nevermind

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>The Martian - entertaining, interesting original novel
>incredibly gifted indian head of NASA, Vincent Kapoor

>The Martian - reddit: the film
>Casts 12 Years a Slav

Thanks Ridley Scott! - I just wanted one non-dweeb indian character in Hollywood. Just once.
>>
>>64583350

>because no one likes indians and bollywood is a laughing stock of cinema

pretty much this, nobody likes indians, especially if they're nationally / racially aware.

1.) they can be insufferably irritating
2.) white people hate them because browns are the ones they were supposed to count on to be the underclass.
3.) black people hate them because white people use them as examples of how there isn't a conspiracy to ensure everyone but whites fail in society
4.) chinese hate them because as a cheap source of labor they're seen as the potential alternative to reliance on Chinese export driven economy
5.) brown people hate them because they're brown but still mostly pagan
5.) their culture is weird and gross by the most tolerant person's standards

>poo2loo
>>
>>64583373
>>shit kamil i dont know

WTF is Kamil?

Indian names are hilarious good fun to mock, which is why it's strange nobody on 4chan seems to know any stereotypical Indian names.
>>
>>64583683
>3.) black people hate them because white people use them as examples of how there isn't a conspiracy to ensure everyone but whites fail in society

Actually most of India's problems stem from the atrocities the British committed during occupation.

Before British occupation india was one of the richest countries in the world controlling 24% of the worlds economy.Afterwards they controlled 4%.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.