[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we must bring balance to the force >by killing all dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: obi-wan_kenobi-223x300.jpg (20 KB, 223x300) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan_kenobi-223x300.jpg
20 KB, 223x300
>we must bring balance to the force
>by killing all dark side users

How the fuck is that "balance"?
Wouldn't balance imply an equal number on each side?
>>
28 Crazy Plot Holes In The Star Wars Series That George Lucas Didn't Want You To Notice
>>
The OT (and I'm 99% sure that the prequels too) never mentions the Light Side of the Force. The way I understood it is that there is the Force and an aberration that imbalances it called the Dark Side. There's nothing innately good about the Force, it's neutral and therefore balanced
>>
>>64579761
Lucas himself has said, multiple times that "balance" doesn't mean "balance between light and dark" because they arent really "sides" to the force. The "dark side" is a PERVERSION of the force. It is messing up the natural order, and removing the dark side brings things back to their natural order.
>>
The Jedi are already balanced, the sith are heavily dark natured. The Jedi aren't heavily light natured. Light natured in an extreme would be someone unwilling to kill even though it would save lives for example.

As a species our fear helps us survive, someone who obsesses over fear causes dysfunction and can't properly respond to situations in a wise way
>>
>>64579851
But lore has shown that the force will never be balanced. And in trying to do so only causes chaos to the Galaxy. There has always been a dark side user so long as the Light side exists.

The forces sensitive people are actually the problem, or just the force
>>
>>64579761
Take all your PT crap outside the OT.

Never fucking reply to me again until you have contributed to this thread.
>>
>>64579995
>the Light side exists
There is not a single mention of the Light side in the OT or the prequels. it's just the Force and the Dark side of it
>>
>>64580021
The force awakens mentions the light side

Your meme theory about the dark side being a "perversion" has now been disproven

Thank you based JJ
>>
>>64580202
That's why I said OT and the prequels. TFA is cancer, literally the Dark side of the Star Wars saga
>>
>>64579761

anakin WAS the chosen one. he DID bring balance to the force.

before anakin and sidious the ratio of jedi to sith was massive. after anakin and sidious there were barely any jedi left.

thus balancing the force.

prophecy fulfilled
>>
Or maybe even doing away with a nieve view of good and evil.
>>
>>64580202
>>64580298
Maybe the concept of the light side is just a concpet made up by the Sith to describe the feeling of falling out with the dark side.
>>
>>64579761
>that pose
Goddammit /tv/.
>>
>>64579761
thats the pottery you pleb
>>
File: no homo.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
no homo.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>64579761
>yfw kreia was right
>>
>>64580374
Lord Vader, I'm JEDI
>>
>>64579810
This.

Also people like obi wan and yoda who aren't exactly saints or overly polite emphasised this. They seemed wise and ultimately good hearted, but not champions of "good" while more champions of "life"
>>
>"He is the one who will bring balance to the force"
>Born by immaculate conception
>Doesn't bring balance to the force
>Or if he does it's only for about ten years

Literally what was the point of Anakin Skywalker? Predditors on suicide watch
>>
>>64580535
>>64580335
>>
>>64580535
>Implying Anakin / Darth Vader is dead.
>>
>>64580535
he was fucking jesus
it took till the age of 30 for him to do his chosen stuff

why don't you people see this shit.

starwars is just the bible + hitlers rise to power
>>
>>64580573
>he was fucking jesus
I must've missed the part where Jesus turns to the Dark side and kills younglings
>>
>>64580727

>Jesus turns to the Dark side

nigga starts practicing necromancy on lazarus
>>
>>64580727
god I fucking hate people who think star wars is about relgion. theres nothing religious about it at all. star wars is just a simple story about the father, the son, and the holy spir-I mean the force
>>
>>64580535
virgin birth and immaculate conception are 2 different events anon just letting you know, i just gotta correct this mistake man every time i see it i gotta let the people know

immaculate conception refers to mary being born without sin to be the new bearer of God
>>
>>64579810
This. There's no light v dark yin/yang duality relationship. There's never been. It's entirely a creation of the EU and has never been canon.
>>
>>64580202
>The force awakens mentions the light side
Kylo Ren mentions it, but he's been misled by Snoke to think that he's being tempted by some kind of "light side" when really he's just being drawn to use the Force as it was naturally intended to be used.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.