[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did everyone piss on Luna for believing in weird stuff even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Why did everyone piss on Luna for believing in weird stuff even though they saw weird stuff every single day of wizard high school?
>>
Because of her dad. He publishes a magazine that features conspiracy theories and mythical creatures that are mythical even to wizards.

furthermore, I will watch a video of everyone pissing on Luna if you have one.
>>
Well, it is a high school setting anon. Normal or not, it is still a high school and it is not complete with "that weird guy/girl" character. Hot pic though.
>>
>>64574589

Because Harry Potter is not well written. It has mass appeal, which is why it is so popular. But great literature, it is not.
>>
>>64574589
because even crazy people believe in crazy people
>>
File: 1448886744447.jpg (1 MB, 1596x2867) Image search: [Google]
1448886744447.jpg
1 MB, 1596x2867
Because Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>64574921
God-tier hair adds 2 points. 7/10 would beastfuck
>>
>OP ask why people piss on Luna for believing weird stuff when the students themselves have weird shit going around everyday
>anons answer by saying Harry Potter sucks
>>
>>64574883
I gotta agree with this cat here. And I hope he (you) doesn't believe his (your) image.
>>
>>64575142
Well it's a legitimate answer. The reason is because it's poorly written tripe and Rowling didn't bother to think it through when writing it.
>>
>>64575142
thanks for the summary dicklicker
>>
>>64574589
Because it's poking fun at our society and partly at the one they've created.

Why do you believe everything in a textbook, but nothing in a bible?
>>
>>64575378

Because a textbook (a good textbook) is filled with facts that are supplanted by the scientific method

fuck youre stupid
>>
>>64576520
Luna's weird stuff wasn't grounded in real magic. The stuff they learned in school was filled with facts supported by the magical community.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.