[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why arent Miniseries more popular? >better acting >high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: john-adams-miniseries.jpg (62 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
john-adams-miniseries.jpg
62 KB, 435x580
Why arent Miniseries more popular?
>better acting
>high production values
>tighter direction
>more interested on what it is now than what it can do next season
>side plots are tight up much better
>doesnt suffer from time constraints of movies
Yet the only one people know about is Band of Brothers
Speaking of which how does BBC and HBO keep on making them? They always get meh ratings
>>
>>64571625
Hermaphrodite
>>
the miniseries on John Adams was depressing

>capital is such a piece of undeveloped shit that only slaves would work it
>White House is literally just a dingy little claustrophobic house
>everyone is dicking John Adams in the ass
>Jefferson is a piece of shit
>Hamilton is a piece of shit
>just about every city is a diseased shithole
>his son is a failure at life
>his wife is slowly dying an agonizing death
>his other son tries to avenge his father's ruined legacy as president only to fuck up his presidency even harder than his father's
>his only real lasting achievement is good foreign policy
>>
>>64571652
What?
>>
>>64571625
>tfw Fox has realized this
>turned 24 and X-Files into a Miniseries
>It worked well for 24
>Will find out in a month if it worked for X-Files

Seriously though. John Adams was great.
>>
>>64571986
John Adams had a depressing life. Dude was an asshole to everyone, so at least part of it was kind of his fault.
>>
>>64571625
Is this Paul Giamattis only serious role?
>>
>>64571625
Not profitable, even though its probably the objectively greatest form of cinematic storytelling
either
>make a movie that millions of people will watch once and you make money at the box office
>make a tv show that thousands of people will watch for years and you milk the shit out of it until it dies
>>
>>64572668

To be fair, you had to be an asshole to survive that political climate and climb the ladder to the white house. Absolute viciousness abounded.
>>
File: Masshole2.jpg (116 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Masshole2.jpg
116 KB, 960x720
>>64572668
Different Adams, but still Proto AF
>>
>>64571625
Niggers
>>
>>64571625

Miniseries are popular with audiences, when done well, but they don't offer season after season of revenue for studios and networks. That's why they don't get made more often, even though they're really THE choice format for adapting most books to the screen. There's just not much money to be made, and they tend to cost a shitload to produce.

The miniseries is the one thing related to TV/film that I tend to get on my soapbox about. They really need to find a way to produce them AND turn a profit without completely fucking up the format. Anthology series are the closest I've seen to achieving this.
>>
>>64571625
Anthology series are the new miniseries with Fargo, TF and AHS.
American horror story is garbage as fuck though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.