[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackhat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (664 KB, 1200x1900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
664 KB, 1200x1900
This was the best film of 2015 by a mile.
>>
>>64569732
It was great I agree. All the most impressive considering the director is half deaf.
>>
yea it was my number 1
>>
>>64569938
It's tragic that Sicario is getting noticed more because it's more "topical".
>>
For the cine inauthentic sure
>>
>>64569732
That's not Victoria
>>
>>64570074
sicario isn't that bad, but is definitely striving to be that "Very Important" type of film. blackhat does it naturally.
>>
>>64570125
Explain.
>>
>>64570171
This pleb. No. The acting was trash in Blackhat. The hacking scenes were crjngeworthy and the love story was hamfisted.

Sicario literally did everything better. And I love Mann films too. Ever since the random threads popped up on here shilling this to be a good movie its became a hivemind. Its simply not good though no matter how hard you try to like it..
>>
It was shit.
>Hurr durr I hack everything :DD
Inb4 a whacky cam
>>
Shit film and very dissappointing too considering Mann is usually very solid. It was just a sloppy film and everyone of his previous films did something better then in this movie. Literally nothing stands out. Good movie to watch when bored but Jesus christ you have to be trolling thinking its best of year
>>
File: Allan.jpg (584 KB, 1709x2000) Image search: [Google]
Allan.jpg
584 KB, 1709x2000
This meme is STILL being pushed
>>
>>64570392
This. The shilling is unbearable for this movie. Its not a good movie. It was critically panned too. Its just Mann fanboys thinking this movie is something its not
>>
>>64570429
In those four sentences you didn't name one actual thing that was bad about the movie.
>>
You're right, OP.

One of the only films this year to really utilize cinematographic principles.

I think a lot of Hathaway aiming his pistol at the audience, pistol in focus, him out of it.

When men like Mann die, we will have lost all traces of cinema as an art unto itself, fallen wayside to cinema as a business.
>>
The US Marshal and Amanda Waller were the only good characters.
>>
>>64569732
He is the least believable hacker ive seen in any media ever.
>>
>>64570842
He was arrested before he could graduate MIT in a bar fight and became a criminal when released. He robbed four banks and was eventually caught and got even more prison gains. Pay attention.
>>
screener?
>>
>>64570842
>Beautiful but reclusive
I know a worst offender
>>
>>64570995
do tell
>>
The villains plan was better than the plots of the last three bond films.
>>
>>64571100
Half the plebs here don't even remember what it was but I bet they know winter soldier shot for shot.
>>
>"neat a movie about hacking"
>fucking Hemsworth
>whatever he might surprise me in a role of the opposite spectrum
>watch trailer
>hes a buff prisoner being recruited
>*pew pew* action
welp... this is just another meme thread move along
>>
>>64571100
Nah it was retarded
>>
>>64571183
wow you just described sicario
>>
File: 1420914073876.jpg (60 KB, 639x639) Image search: [Google]
1420914073876.jpg
60 KB, 639x639
>>64571092
VJuice
>>
>>64571205
Still better than the last three movies summing up to IT WAS ME JAMES.
>>
Can someone help me with the ending. Does the Cia know Hathaway's location? Who was that watching him on the cameras at the end?
>>
>>64571369
Well alright
>>
>>64569732
Man, I did not like this at all.
Almost everything was disappointing.
>>
>>64570351
How the fuck can a love story be hamfisted in a two hour movie?
>>
it was not bad. i'd give it a decent 4/10
>>
>>64571561
Can you articulate what you dislike about it exactly?
>>
>>64569732
WE'RE GONNA NEED A BLACK HAT HACKER NAMED HATHAWAY
>>
>>64571634
That line wasn't actually in the movie, just the trailer. Just like the "Is she with you?" line for BvS.
>>
>>64570171
Mann's subjects are much more fundamental and timelessly relevant. Sicario is "important" and relevant only to the extent that its subjects, the Drug War and the US involvement in it, are relevant, which is obviously only over the course of a few decades.

The struggles of Mann's characters are applicable to a far greater time scale than a few decades.

>>64570351
lol, what a superficial analysis.
>acting
>tech scenes
>Sicario did everything better
It's just another thriller, competently done, with an "important" subject. Many other filmmakers could've made just as good a movie about the same thing, because it's not that hard.
>>
>>64570842
one of the worst "criticisms" in this pleb hole of a forum. Actors tend to be good-looking. You'd have to question most every role Leo, Brad Pitt, etc. etc. has been in if you get your pleb panties in a bind over Hemsworth being used here.
>>
>>64571782
>Many other filmmakers could've made just as good a movie about the same thing, because it's not that hard.

It's about fucking time somebody said this.
>>
>its that one autist who says literally empty praise about Mann thread
>>
>>64571255
Agreed I like the hacking bits in Sicario
>>
>>64572023
>I dislike what you like so that makes me smarter!
>>
>>64570351
>hacking scenes were cringeworthy
But most accurate and realistic ever done?
>>
>>64571782
>It's just another thriller, competently done, with an "important" subject. Many other filmmakers could've made just as good a movie about the same thing, because it's not that hard.
Are you talking about Blackhat or Sicario?
>>
>>64572212
I think he means Sicario. The final act turns into some call of duty/splinter cell bullshit. Just a dumb action movie.
>>
>>64572280
>Just a dumb action movie.
>>
>>64572280
Yeah, that final act felt so out of place from what came before. It almost seemed forced in by studios
>>
File: jurassic_park_tard.jpg (40 KB, 300x331) Image search: [Google]
jurassic_park_tard.jpg
40 KB, 300x331
>>64569732
>This was the best film of 2015 by a mile.
>blackscat
>>
>>64572328
>WE NEED TO SHOOT THE BAD GUYS IN THIS TUNNEL NOW SUIT UP BOYS.

Little kid shit.
>>
>>64571782
>Any director could have made a movie as good as sicario about the same topic.

No.

The cinematography was too notch. The on site locations were also shot beautifully and the writing was phenomenal. Plebs will tell you the writing was weak but they cant understand the characters the director is portraying and how they speak.

Savages was similar in the whole cartel revenge and that movie was complete shit. And the whole fucking point of this movie wasnt an "important" topic you imbecile. It is just giving a glimpse into the dirty wars the cia has been involved in the past whether on not this is an accurate story it gives you the idea of things they will do or are capable of doing for their agenda
>>
MORE LIKE:
BLACKSHIT! HAHAHAHAHA
OR
CRAPHAT! KEKEKEKEKEKEK
OR
FAGHAT! LMAOKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>64572424
>pssht
>>
File: richard brody.jpg (54 KB, 460x346) Image search: [Google]
richard brody.jpg
54 KB, 460x346
The true patrician has spoken.

>Autobots and Decepticons have more amply defined intentions, desires, and capabilities than the characters in “Blackhat.”
>>
>>64572212
Sicario. It's just about the "complicated" strategy required to mitigate the fallout of the Latin-American-US drug business, told with an interesting but not remarkable lawyer-turned hitman out for revenge, and an (awfully conceived) FBI agent/new recruit.

Nothing is particularly interesting, deep, creative or innovative about the movie, but it was competently made in all respects and del Toro's characters was a bit "fresh." Other than that, Blunt's character bordered on awful with her unbelievable naivety and "detached" anxiety about the "drug war behind the scenes." No way a 30-year-old FBI agent would be shaken up or surprised that the things in the film happen. That's pure "made-for-movies" melodrama.

It's a competent, better than average thriller, nothing more.
>>
>>64572280
That isnt a criticism. The ending made complete sense itwas the whole operation they were planning... Are you actually retarded? The point was they make enough noise so they can get the number 3 guy to go back to mexico amd get the location of the number 1. Then thats where Benicio comes in to take him out. Is it "call of duty dumb action shit" because people thought it was cool? It was completely operator how it went down. They had a drone to get vision before hand and gave him the route he had the complete element of surprise too. What is unbelievable about it?
>>
>>64572665
Dis nigga looks like a hobo BASED, desu
>>
>>64572550
it is an "important" topic. They wouldn't have made the movie if it weren't. Doing little sting missions across borders and torturing people isn't interesting in itself. It's interesting because the US gov't is doing it, making it very relevant.
>>
>>64572684
That a lawyer lost his family and became The Punisher.
>>
>>64571627
That a MIT grad that goes to jail for computer crimes becomes a hardened phonebook armor wearing shiv master At first they introduce him by doing the commissary thing which was great that's how some one like that should survive in prison doing shit for the other inmates that make them less likely to bend him over bunk and have fun for the night. Then as the investigation continues he goes from computer hacker with kind of a knowledge about systems and this code to someone who OK understands how other hackers work to fucking Sherlocke Holmes with intimate understanding of the criminal mindset. And the FBI start dragging his ass to places he has no god damned business. There is no reason for him to be at the scene of these criminal take downs unless there's a computer he need to go through and even then his ass should be in the car until team is through, there is no reason for him to be the one that had to go into the nuclear power plant.

The fact that the earlier cyber attacks were dry runs for something else was painfully obvious and not the FBI or the Chinese government could see that But that pump bullshit was the big key that let him know what was going on.

I have never liked the fall in love in a day thing. Especially to the degree of I'm going to throw away my career to live as a fugitive with this guy I met what less than a week ago. Admittedly as a millionaire.

Now back to the Noble Prison Warrior Bullshit. Him being smart about the set up at the building cool him expecting a double cross cool Him getting the better of three guys with guns one of whom had been in war zones and was a mercenary for like the past 30 years of his life was hilarious. And I mean in a straight face off. He didn't sneak up on him he didn't hack the city grid to make another car run into him at a red light then just go up and finish the job.

There's more but I think you get my point.
>>
>>64572683
>nothing better then an average thriller

Youre talking about Blackhat right? It looked ugly has thor as lead, and writing was complete trash.

Meanwhile what thriller in the past 5 years has been better then Sicario? Since its no better than an average flick then it should be easy lets see

>No escape
Nope
>Spectre
Big Nope
>The Gunman
NOPE
>Chappie
No
>The equalizer
Nope
>Lucy
NO
>Non Stop
Noooo
>Jack Ryan
Hell fuckin no
>The Guest
I loved this movie but no

I could keep going

Those are actual average thrillers
>>
>>64569732
that's not fury road or inside out
>>
>>64570351
liking Blackhat isn't a /tv/ thing, many big profile movie reviewers included this movie in their end of year lists

also the hacking scenes have been universally praised as being the more realistic in film history
>>
>>64572808
And youtake that as literal. Ahahaha i hope you realize that was his cover for being their. Kind of like how Brolin kept telling her he is a DoD advisor. They literally say in the movie he works for the Colombian's and he goes where ever hes needed. Hes basically a hired hitman
>>
>>64572873
Eat a dick, faggot
>>
>>64572683
>Nothing is particularly interesting, deep, creative or innovative about the movie, but it was competently made in all respects
>>
>>64573078
No, he was literally a lawyer for the cartels.
>>
>>64572897
You haven't made any point. You just typed in some baseless accusations and greentexted movie names with "no" after them. You haven't given one reason for anyone to believe anything you've said. I doubt you can even explain how the movie was "ugly" while another movie isn't ugly without looking up reviews for each.

And most of those movies are garbage, not "average."

It's clear Sicario just ticked all the boxes and "looked pretty," therefore you think it's remarkable. It's not really any different from a Fincher movie in that respect, but you are too ignorant to tell the different between great and merely better than average.
>>
>>64573051
It literally is a /tv/ meme. 31% on RT 51% Metacritic, 5.8/10 IMBD, i dont use that as a method of judging a movie but ive seen te movie as well and it is shit run of the mill thriller its shot even like a mediocre thriller. Just a bunch of cuts. Only redeeming factor of the movie were a couple gun fights that looked nice.

Also just because it did a mediocre job at showing hacking doesnt mean anyone gives a shit about a good portrayal of hacking or that it even fucking matters for the quality if the movie.
>>
>>64573151
You should stick to capeshit. It will be easier for you to follow
>>
>>64573264
>gets proven wrong
>baseless insult

Is this my cue to argue back with you?
>>
>>64573199
You're telling me the scene where they just start walking up to chris and the gang and start shooting at them and the one dude gets shot in the head that it looks nice? That whole sequence looked like I was watching a liam neeson action movie. Also the final shootout was very muddled shots. Once you actually watch film you will understand. Its okay though capeshit will be comjng back soon and you can go back to watching that and stay away from bigboy thrillers
>>
>>64573296
But you are literally wrong, I gave you evidence. You are too dumb to argue with hence why I told you to go watch children movies

>He was literally a lawyer for the cartels
Do you even understand what prosecutor mean? Are you a fucking retard? You cant be a prosecutor for the cartel. Prosecutors work for the state.

And go read my older post for the answer as to why it was a cover.
>>
>>64573378
There's no way you're over 25
>>
>>64573452
And I debunked your evidence: He was a lawyer. Watch the movie again if you have to.
>>
File: You can call me nigga anytime.jpg (125 KB, 700x293) Image search: [Google]
You can call me nigga anytime.jpg
125 KB, 700x293
>>64573221
This. And everyone had really bad hair except for the surfer dude hair.

Excuse me while I set my real-time tracking app to a delay of 24 hours.
>>
>>64573221
those scores mean literally nothing, the average movie-goer is not expected to appreciate this movie anyway. Tree of Life has a 6.0 on IMDb

>it did a mediocre job at showing hacking
It didn't, it's THE best, most true to life representation of hacking ever made and based on true events

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/blackhat-the-best-cyber-movie/
>>
>>64573452
He spoke to another prosecutor who knew him for years before he tortured the fat guy. He was actually a lawyer. You're good at coming up with insults (saying "fucking retard" over and over) but not actually good at backing up your claims.
>>
>>64573486
I hope you realize they were saying he was a prosecutor and now youre saying hes a regular lawyer for the cartels. When they say prosecutor they imply working for the state. How the fuck are you coming up with lawyer for the mexican cartels? He never worked for them. He worked for the Colombians
>>
>>64573538
Meh, Hackers was cooler. Even Die Hard 4.0 was more vivacious. The praise of the nerds isn't something much too special.
>>
>>64573641
>He worked for the Colombians

YES AS A FUCKING LAWYER WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU PROCESS THAT?!
>>
>>64573718
SO IS HE A PROSECUTOR OR A REGULAR LAWYER? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO POINT THIS OUT
>>
>>64573794
THAT DOESN'T MATTER. HE WAS A REGULAR GUY WHO WORKED FOR THE COLOMBIANS IN SOME LEGAL FASHION, AND ONCE HE LOST HIS FAMILY HE TURNED INTO FRANK FUCKING CASTLE. IT'S A FUCKING VIDEOGAME CHARACTER ORIGIN IS A STUPID FUCKING MOVIE.
>>
>>64573863
YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD. THE BLACK DUDE IN THE MOVIE HAS HIS LAW DEGREE AND IS A FIELD FBI AGENT. A LOT OF PEOPLE IN HIGH UP POSITIONS IN THAT FIELD COULD BE CONSIDERED LAWYERS. HE CLEARLY HAD TRAINING AND HAD BEEN DOING OPS LIKE THAT FOR AWHILE. DID IT EVER ONCE IN THE MOVIE SHOW HIM AS THE TYPICAL LAWYER AND IS WEAK AND ISNT TRAINED INTHE FIELD? JUST BECAUSE IT DOESNT SHOW HIS PRIOR TRAINING DOESNT MAKE HIM A FUCKIN MARY SUE. STICK TO MOVIES WHERE ITS SHOW AND TELL SINCE YOU CANT COMPREHEND UNLESS ITS EXPLICITLY STATED. WAS HE THE NEW ONE ON THE TEAM? NO IT WAS EMILY BLUNT WHO WAS CLEARLY THE ONE NOT TRAINED PROPERLY FOR WHAT THEY WERE DOING

IM LITERALLY PROVING YOU TO BE AN IDIOT RIGHT NOW HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT FELL FUCKING AUTIST
>>
>>64570074
No, it was more muscular whereas hacker was like if Sicario met abstraction
>>
>>64574595
This
>>
>>64572550
Oh fuck you villeneuve is a hack, it was a mediocre story backed up by an amazing cinemtographer. The movie was okay at best. The only genuinely watchable film that came out this year is The Lobster, everything else that has come out is reddit teir crap they feed to pseudo-film buffs such as yourself.
>>
>>64575046
Wow, so many hot opinions! Congrats, champ.

Kill yourself, cretin
>>
>>64575046
Go fuck yourself you chimp fuck
>>
>>64573863
the name of the movie is hitman

why do you think they named it that
>>
I own that on dvs but have yet to watch it. Heat ia one of the cleanest films ever but Public enemies was a massive dissapointment.
>>
>>64575046
I'm sure the pga which nominated Sicario are pseudo film buffs as well? Whom one of the top members is Mann himself?
>>
I've watched 25 movies from 2015 and have like 50 more I want to see. Yup of the year lists are for plebs and no lifers.
>>
>>64573378
>bigboy thrillers

heh. If you're referring to Sicario, "Fincher 2.0" would be more precise.

Villenueve is no different from Nolan, Fincher, or even BrBa. Neo-cinephiles get tricked into thinking these movies are remarkable because they look very nice, superficially, and the story and acting usually have no glaring flaws.

That's as deep and sophisticated as your "analysis" goes, so because it ticks all your superficial boxes, you go "wow, such art!!" And for the same reason, you have to dismiss a movie if it doesn't neatly tick all your boxes with traditional plot and dialogue.

This is also why you have to resort to appeals to popularity and authority--you can't articulate anything about thematic depth, visual storytelling or characterization.
>>
>>64576171
>you can't articulate anything about thematic depth, visual storytelling or characterization.
can you?
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (41 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
41 KB, 600x579
>>64569732
the movie itself is pretty mediocre but the subject matter, settings and cinematography does actually make it my fav of the year
>>
>>64577003
why are you trying to trick into wasting my time? im literally downloading it as i type
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.