[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could Jackson do such a brilliant job on LOTR and such a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 616x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 616x462
How could Jackson do such a brilliant job on LOTR and such a bad job on The Hobbit?
>>
The George Lucas effect.
>>
>>64569462
he went too far in a few places
>>
The first he was passionate about, the 2nd he didnt cared and just did it for the shekels. Plus the material was weak as fuck.
>>
Did someone say Silmarillion
>>
Wasn't he brought on board kind of late after the original director resigned?

And no director could split the Hobbit into 3 movies and do a good job
>>
>>64569490
The opposite actually. They brought Jackson on late in the game for the hobbit after Del Taco left so he didn't have enough prep time. Then his corporate overlords made him stretch it out to 3 films. The time constraints are the reason it went way overboard with CGI rather then practical effects.
>>
File: TheHobbit.jpg (2 MB, 3344x3408) Image search: [Google]
TheHobbit.jpg
2 MB, 3344x3408
because LOTR had like 15 years of pre production and so much effort

hackson has said that he would have CGI'd more in LOTR if he had the money

they were LITERALLY writing and planning the hobbit as they went along
>>
>brilliant job on LOTR

Hardly. The CGI is already dated, he wanks off elves at every opportunity (to the point of demeaning the whole "elves are leaving Middle-Earth and it's up to Men to solve their own problems" aspect of the story), and couldn't keep his schlocky b-movie horror gags to himself.
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 1200x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 1200x873
Conan Stevens left Game of Thrones to play Bolg, Azhog's son, which is why the Mountain was recast in season 2.

The practical orc was later changed to CGI.

Conan Stevens left Game of Thrones to be in a trilogy in which he does not appear.
>>
Why was this three movies long???
I mean for fucks sake the book was one movie long TOPS!!
Ill never forgive jackson for this
>>
>>64570285
>Ill never forgive jackson for this
>implying in was his decision
>>
>>64569636
Jesus no, you know that Jackson's time is up with Tolkien's work, some faggot like Spielberg will take it and fuck it sideways.
>>
>>64570048
And I'm still mad.
>>
>>64570285
Wasn't his god damn decision. The Producers wanted to make three movies and LoTR 2.0, which caused Del Taco to leave, they brought Jackson in to this production hell even though he didn't want to, but hey, he's not braindead so of course he takes the god damn money. He had to do massive rewrites and cram a lot of unnecessary stuff from Tolkiens other works (and studio-produced bullshit) in there so he could get enough shit for 3 movies.
>>
>>64569462
He was brought in too late to salvage it.
>>
There's a video that was up on Youtube about it but I can't seem to find it.

Basically the production was an absolute mess.

They were filming scenes as they were writing them.

They were manufacturing props on the day that they needed them.

They filmed an entirely practical Battle of the Five Armies but the scheduling was so hectic that they fired all of the extras on the spot and made it entirely CGI.
>>
>LOTR
>3.5 years of pre production

>Hobbit
>3 months of pre production

They literally started shooting without a script.
>>
Apparently there were a bunch of things that made production a nightmare. Especially since it was all dropped on him after he didnt even want to make the movies. I feel for the guy, but really what would you do?

Personally if it were me, I wouldn't have taken the job regardless of whatever offers they were making me if they were going to put a bunch of deadlines on me. The movies were absolute dogshit in every way when compared to the great trilogy that made him what he is. These shit movies have his name all over them and the blame will be going to him for how shitty they are. If he would have stuck to his guns and stayed away then at least it would be somebody else dealing with all the frustration and BS deadlines.
>>
>>64570835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
>>
Rushed and padded with useless filler
>>
>>64572005
Why was this allowed?

:(
>>
>>64572005
This. He salvaged what he could. I don't blame him anymore.
>>
>>64569788
>hackson has said that he would have CGI'd more in LOTR if he had the money

Why would he say that I wonder.

Surely he knows how people praise practical effects in his movies and the disdain for the Star Wars prequels extensive CGI.
>>
>>64572005
oh my god, peter jackson put himself through hell to make these terrible movies

that is so sad
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.