[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You fought in the Clone Wars?! >Yes, and so did Chewbacca.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13
>You fought in the Clone Wars?!
>Yes, and so did Chewbacca. He was a good friend of Jedi Master Yoda. You should ask him about it sometime.
>>
chewbacca is the wookie 'John'

they looks similar because you're racist
>>
>Chewbacca, the hairy alien criminal monster who tried to eat you
>>
>Chewbacca was alive and fully grown when Jedi were space cops and even met Yoda
>Han calls Luke kid and Luke was born when order 66 happened
How could Han not know about the force? Was he being contrarian?
>>
>every human understands robots beep beep boop
>none understands wookies groans
>>
>>64566176
it's like how there are atheists now, they ignore evidence of God
>>
>>64566234

Robots are everywhere and used by everyone. Wookies are a minor species that sticks to their own planet.

>you understand what a phone ringing means, but you don't speak Swahili?
>>
File: 1451603338288.jpg (45 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
1451603338288.jpg
45 KB, 600x615
>>64565870

>tfw it's a story for another time
>>
>>64566176

Han "knew" about the Force, he thought it was a bunch of bunkum, he'd never seen anything in his life that made him believe it was anything more than superstition and sleight of hand. That was before Darth Vader pulled a blaster out of his hands from across the room.
>>
File: d20.jpg (20 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
d20.jpg
20 KB, 420x420
>>64566238
>evidence of God
lmao
>>
>>64566554
See frog posters are all Reddit atheists. Prices his point.
>>
GUYS

WHAT IF

WHAT IF OBI WAN KNEW CHEWBACCA THATS WHY HE MET UP WITH HIM AT THE CANTINA
>>
File: pepe.jpg (12 KB, 232x232) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
12 KB, 232x232
>>64566599
Pretty much, yeah
>>
>>64566234
>every human understands robots beep beep boop
Actually no one does. The entire time he was telling Luke that he used to belong to his father before he choked his pregnant mom and left the Empire.

Thats why he was such a bitch to yoda when he first see's him. He remembers that all of this stupid shit is specifically Yoda's fault in the first god damned place.
>>
>>64566645
is that how he got order 66'd?
>>
>>64566729

The OT becomes even more fun now that I imagined R2 pissed all the time
>>
File: good friend.jpg (242 KB, 1276x550) Image search: [Google]
good friend.jpg
242 KB, 1276x550
>>64565870

He was a good friend.
>>
>>64566780
True, that's why he is such a bitch all the time. After all he's been through in the prequels he has to deal with retards who don't remember him.

Pottery.
>>
File: r2 d2 behind rocks.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
r2 d2 behind rocks.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>64566780
Threepio has had his memory wiped, so every time R2 starts up with that shit he just ignores him.

That's the real reason he was deactivated through most of TFA. He was just done with that bullshit and lost the will to live.

He only wakes up when he realizes its all starting over again.
>>
>>64566890
Also he has to deal with a peasant droid like C3PO who thinks it's shit don't stink while R2 was a droid for the Royals of Naboo.
>>
File: 3456789876543.gif (980 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
3456789876543.gif
980 KB, 245x150
>>64566799
>an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
>>
>>64566933
It's spelled artoo
>>
>>64566992
In Obi-Wan's point of view that was a civilized age.
>>
>>64567028
Well, it was a high point of view
>>
>>64567023
No it's not. It's R2, you know, like R2-D2.
>>
File: rjd2.jpg (317 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
rjd2.jpg
317 KB, 700x700
>>64567080
I prefer his cousin.
>>
File: hue.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
hue.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>64567076
>>
>>64566554
Hi there. I can tell that you're an atheist. This is a public service letting you know that you just demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of epistemology. You seem to be confusing the concept of evidence with the concept of proof. You see, evidence is any fact that can be used to support a particular argument, or even two sides of an argument. Think of a courtroom trial. Both the defense and the prosecution present items of evidence. For example, let's say there's an argument over whether it rained or not yesterday. The ground being wet this morning could be used as evidence supporting the argument that it rained yesterday, but that fact isn't incontrovertible, because lots of things can make the ground wet. You're probably starting to see now how there's tons of evidence for the existence of God, all kinds of things, such as the mere existence of a finite, temporal universe, to things like accounts of miracles, or the Gospels, or the Five Ways. Proof is different from evidence. Proof is a piece of evidence that definitively settles an argument. We should bother be glad that there isn't proof of God's existence! You see there, was once a group of men called Pharisees who were given proof of God, yet they still denied Him, and something very bad happened to them because of that. And we'll all get proof one Day. Anyway, I hope this definition helped clear up your understanding of exactly what evidence is, and that you stop misusing the word from now on. That's really all I wanted to talk to you about. Thanks!
>>
File: Hope.png (223 KB, 600x253) Image search: [Google]
Hope.png
223 KB, 600x253
If i may interject master Luke,
that appears to be princess Leia Organa, calling for Obi Wan Kenobi.
Who is that, you ask?
well R2 and I know him very well to be perfectly honest, sir. R2 was even his piloting droid for quite some time.
He was a good friend, and a great jedi.

Did I ever tell you when R2 and I were there during the clone wars? What a mess of events that was. I remember having R2 drag my head along the ground as hundreds of jedi fought by us.

Jedis? well yes of course we know about that, we were there. In fact things were amazing back then before most of the jedi were killed off.
In the end i suppose it was for the better what happened to Master Skywalker, but it was so sad.

Oh! not you Master Luke, Im of course talking about Anakin Skywalker.
Wait, sir. You dont know about your father?
Well I'll be, hey R2 Luke never met Anakin, he never knew him like we did.
Thats right, Luke, we knew him for a long time, after all it was your father who built me in the first place.

The real problem is finding Obi Wan now, imagine if we ran into him like tomorrow, Master Luke.
Now that would be a coincidence.
>>
3PO got his mind wiped. R2 was calling everyone a faggot throughout the whole OT but no-one could understand him.
>>
File: 1443835485554.gif (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443835485554.gif
48 KB, 600x600
>>64568272
the fucking prequels man

>>64568435
russianbird.jpg
>>
File: 1428113023428.png (332 KB, 499x618) Image search: [Google]
1428113023428.png
332 KB, 499x618
>>64568272
C3P0 had his memory wiped. Good meme though!
>>
>>64568496
why didnt r2 d2 tell him
>>
Luke, do I ever tell you how about Maz Kanata? She is a wise old woman who collects lightsabers. You should ask Han Solo and Chewie about her in case you lose your lightsaber when you duel your father, Darth Vader.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVRSmiXRI
>>
>>64566933
I like the direction this thread is going
>>
>>64568599
Threepio is a tool, Artoo probably hates that guy.
>>
>>64568272
C-3PO has his memory wiped but that doesnt explain R2 not recognizing Obi-Wan and vice versa
>>
>>64568793
why does ani leaves his grandmother to die in the sandstorm?
>>
>>64569606
Maybe humans just don't give a fuck about droids. Like nigga they're robots... who cares?
>>
>>64566457

Yet he apparently knew Maz very well who is force sensitive and even has jedi memorabilia lying around.
>>
>R2
>artoo

It's called arturito
>>
>>64569704
Fuck off, wetback
>>
>>64566554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-3Q8c73ziA

here's evidence
>>
>>64566176
You're trying to apply prequel logic to the OT.

More ways the PT fucked up the OT:
>Obi-Wan's "he was a good friend"
>Sheev lying to Vader about Padmé, making their conversation in ESB (and Vader's actions a little before ESB) awkward
>Midichlorians and power levels (RotJ already hinted at it)
>Yoda being a powerful, skilled lightsaber user, despite his role in ESB and RotJ telling otherwise
>>
>>64566234
Luke didn't understand R2D2's beeps, he needed C3PO as a translator.
He also didn't understand Chewbacca's growls before ESB.
Yet Rey can understand both Wookiee and droid beeps.
>>
>>64565920
That must be why Yoda thanks Chewbacca by name for his service
>>
>>64566341
Wookies are speaking Basic with a heavy accent.

Read the real Eps VII-IX sometime.
>>
File: 1250878701393.jpg (130 KB, 572x518) Image search: [Google]
1250878701393.jpg
130 KB, 572x518
>>64569799
>posts a video made up of HD nature shots
Oh boy I've sure been convinced. Those pretty pictures say more than factual evidence ever could! Allahu Akbar my friend!
>>
>>64569693
Nice try. He was rolling his eyes at Jedi while he pictured Maz. Sorry, but the sequels aren't fuckups like the prequels. Everything fits perfectly.
>>
>>64566780
We're going to the Dagobah System
>Luke are you batshit crazy let me fly the fucking X-Wing
No that's alright...I'd like to keep it on manual for a while
>>
>>64566176
>Was he being contrarian?

what this anon said: >>64566457 along with the fact he lived in a world dominated by anti-Jedi anti-Republic propaganda disseminated by the Galactic Empire. I mean, wasn't there a character background story in the Old EU that says Han trained in an Imperial academy at some point? Some of their teaching of historical revisionism may have still had a hold over him, if you want to take the Old EU as canon.
>>
>>64567080
You're wrong, it's been Artoo and Threepio since the novelization.
>>
>>64570346
The OT seems to suggest everyone knew about the Force, muck like everybody in monoteist countries knows the concept of a single God, but that doesn't mean everybody believes in it.

That's why you have that Imperial officer say "Don't trying to impress with your sorcerrer ways, lord Vader. Your sad devotion to an ancient religion" yaddayaddayadda. Or Han saying "Hey, Luke. May the Force be with you" near the end of the movie. Or all of Yoda's speeches about the Jedis and the Force in the Dagobah scenes.

It's RotJ when the more modern concept of Jedis as an elite team of space polices with power level rankins appeared, with Luke's "The Force is strong in my family" scene.

The way I see it, before RotJ the concept of the Force was established in a way a non-believer like Han could turn into a Force user, and even a Jedi, if he wanted. But the reason why the Jedi were extint is because they didn't want to share their secrets to everybody else. Imagine a Galaxy where everybody is semifluent in lightsaber techniques or in Force skills.

So they restricted their knowledge to a privileged group of space monks, carefully selected among Force believers. Since they were so few, the Empire could easily track them and wipe them, like they did with Vader's help.

Then RotJ suggested there are people with better Force skills, and then the prequels came and everybody who could barely use the Force was trained, regardless of their later use as mere meat shield.
>>
>>64566176
I imagine Chewie and Han arguing about The Force or Jedi like an atheist and theist. They dont talk about it because it just pisses Chewie off to rip arms off.
>>
>>64569931
>>Midichlorians and power levels (RotJ already hinted at it)

Please elaborate.
>>
>>64571519
In Return of the Jedi, Luke tells Leia than Vader is his father, and that the Force is strong in his family. He used it to reveal to Leia she's his sister, and that, being Vader's daughter, she could also use the Force as fluent and skilled as both Luke and Vader.

Obi-Wan also explains to Luke that Anakin's offsprings would be the Emperor's potential doom, so they were hidden from the Empire.

However, in 1977 there was no concept of Vader being Luke's father (that idea appeared during pre-production of ESB), so all exchanges about the Force suggests everybody could use it. That's why Luke asks if the Force controls your destiny, with Obi-Wan replyign "partially, but it also obeys your commands". Or why that officer who was chocked by Vader seemed more angry than surprised that Vader used the Force against him.

In retrospectice, many of the prequels' faults, such as uninspired sets, poor dialogue and acting, and terrible ideas, are already present in RotJ, albeit in a lesser form.
>>
>>64569669
>Like nigga

Found the nigger
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.