[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a more overrated movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (834 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
834 KB, 2400x1621
is there a more overrated movie?
>>
What do you want to hear? It's well liked but not extraordinary. It's a positive but not absolutely glowing consensus. Anyway, hope you get the circlejerk you're looking for.
>>
The Avengers is overrated but a better watch than TFA's flaming turd ass.
>>
>>64563601
>STOP HATING WHAT I LIKE! PEOPLE LIKE IT, SO YOU SHOULD LIKE IT TOO!
>>
this is a good thread
>>
>>
>>64563612
its a forgettable movie but it lives up to the hype with its 1v1 superhero showdowns and quips
>>
Not currently.
>>
GOTG
>>
>>
>>64563559
no
>>
>>64563559

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Bladerunner
Braveheart
Gladiator
Titanic
>>
>>64563559
Nope.

But the brain dead tourists that are still hanging around 4chin will not admit that.
>>
>>64563559
I think you're confusing shitloads of marketing with overrating
>>
>>64563857
hello reddit!
>>
>>64563559
Jurassic World.
>>
>>64563857
>look guys im pretending to be retarded

american hustle
gravity
e.t
l.a confidential
the blind side
pulp fiction
birdman
boyhood
star trek: into darkness
aliens
>>
>>64563559

there really weren't any non-nitpicking points to criticise the prequels on beside appeal to children (which includes jar jar) and bad dialouge but critics got hyped up like a bunch of autistic children when you laugh at one of their jokes and they think they're hot shit and started making all these ridiculous criticisms. Half of the critics don't even know what trade tarrifs are. It's like they need fucking ritalin dispensers in the theatres to watch 2 hour movies with almost continual political intrigue and action sequences.

I was hoping TFA would be shit and everybody would hate it and realize how much they fucked up star wars but i guess they really, genuinely want bad movies.
>>
>>64564969
well there was also the over reliance on cgi, bad acting and atrocious editing but hey, I guess those are just nitpicks too
>>
>>
>>64565505
/thread
>>
>>64563559
Every movie ever made in the history of Cinema.
>>
>>64563649
I saw a small child throw the same tantrum in the lego section of a target with his mom last week. He was actually a more decent human being because he didn't use a meme arrow to get his point across .
>>
File: Seventhsealposter.jpg (25 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
Seventhsealposter.jpg
25 KB, 300x412
>>64564969

Star Wars was always plebeian blockbuster schlock you fucking retard.
>>
>>64563649
Hello Miss no arguments or points to make.
>>
>>
>>64563559
The Dark Knight
The only reason most people saw it and why it won all those awards was because Heath Ledger died. Otherwise it might've done just slightly better than Batman Begins.
>>
>>64563559
your favorite movie
>>
>>64563559
Citizen Kane
>>
Any of the Daniel Craig Bond movies.
>>
File: READ IT AND WEEP.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
READ IT AND WEEP.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>64563857
>>
>>64563857

can't take anyone who likes TFA seriously
>>
>>64563601

>using the word circlejerk outside of reddit
>>
>>64563559
Yes. Avatar.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.